TheBalm Mary Lou Manizer Eyeshadow Dupe?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I got a sample of TheBalm Mary Lou Manizer in my Birchbox this month. I am not someone who uses highlighter as all, because my face is shiny enough already, but I am LOVING it as an eyeshadow. I am already thinking about how to replace my sample when I run out.

Since I am just using it as an eyeshadow and not a highlighter, I don't really see myself paying $24, even though if I did it would probably last me the rest of my life given the full size haha. I have seen on google that there is highlighter from walmart called Tiki that is a close dupe, but I'm not sure if will work as an eyeshadow in the same way as the Mary Lou.

Does anyone know of an actual eyeshadow color that could be a dupe for Mary Lou?

Thanks!!

When I searched I kept coming up with that same thing. Here is a picture of the two next to each other. There is a noticeable difference.

Source

theBalm on the left,  Hard Candy on the right

I am thinking this wouldn't be too hard to find a similar color since it is just a pale warm tan. You could probably go down to your local drugstore, Walmart or Target and find a dupe just visually.

I have a sample of that....

So I compared it visually with my two NAKED palettes (I didn't bother with NAKED Basics since that's matte and Manizer is a shimmer) and nothing from the NAKED palettes are similar.

So I compared it to BH Cosmetics Party Girl and Jenni palettes and nothing.

I compared it to all of my Wet n Wild shadows and nothing.

The closest I can compare it to was Wet n Wild's coloricon Reserve Your Cabana highlighter in color but not shimmer. When it comes to shimmer and color the highlighter in my Laura Geller blush but the color is wrong.

Wow thanks for all the comparisons! I was wondering if there was anything close in the naked palettes! Hmmm I guess I will be on the hunt for a match the next time I go to Ulta.

I have a Hard Candy highlighter, but it's much lighter than the ML and the sparkly bits are chunkier..so not an exact dupe, but somewhat similar.

Top: Wet 'n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana

Middle: Marry-Lou Manizer

Bottom: L'Oreal Sweet Chemise

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Top: Wet 'n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana

Middle: Marry-Lou Manizer

Bottom: L'Oreal Sweet Chemise

Ding ding ding we have a winner. That L'oreal is so close!

Edit: That really swatches light. Talk about not matching the pan color...

The L'Oreal one is more white (cool) than gold (warm) like Mary-Lou is but I would say of all the stuff I have it's also the closest because UD's Sin is more on the pink side.

How about Stila's Kitten or Bubbly from the In the Light palette? I don't have these highlighters, but I do have this palette.

OH! I have a Milani Runway Eyes eyeshadow that looks like it could be a very close dupe! It's called Beach Sand, if anybody has any of these highlighters and this shadow to compare please do tell! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Nyx toffee shimmer reminded me a lot of Mary lou manizer when I swatched it. I don't have a good picture but for the price it might be nice to try out I know I am

I've tried the Hard Candy dupe and it really does not do much on my skin.. it barely shows up. I would say splurge and go for the theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer.. it's worth the extra cost for it to do its job! 

Quote: Originally Posted by mizzbehavin13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  How about Stila's Kitten or Bubbly from the In the Light palette? I don't have these highlighters, but I do have this palette.
I've also heard that Stila Kitten and Mary Lou Manizer are dupes/comparable to each other. I think that the L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Iced Latte might be close second. I'll have to swatch them later (Mary Lou and Iced Latte; unfortunately I don't own Kitten). 

Latest posts

Back