Yuzen - January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesemiaud

Loving Life!
Reaction score
Are you ready for January's box? There's a list posted of the goodies we will get.

http://www.yuzenbox.com/brands/

Also, I got an email saying that the boxes will be a little later this month due to the holiday shipping schedule. I hope it won't be too late...love my Yuzen!

I just came across Yuzen and I am thinking of subscribing but I am sad that the box is no longer monthly!!! After January they are starting to send boxes quarterly :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by jennlynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just came across Yuzen and I am thinking of subscribing but I am sad that the box is no longer monthly!!! After January they are starting to send boxes quarterly :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh no...that stinks! It's my favorite one. If they keep it the same (or make it better), it would still be worth subbing, IMO.

What other boxes are you subscribed to?  I am trying to decide between popsugar and seasonsbox!!! oh DECISIONS!!!

Originally Posted by jennlynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What other boxes are you subscribed to?  I am trying to decide between popsugar and seasonsbox!!! oh DECISIONS!!!
I have popsugar, ipsy, birchbox, love with food (will cancel after the three month promotion is over), and yuzen. I've liked them all, but yuzen is then only box that I have loved every single item that I've gotten. I've also gotten the past few craveboxes and those were ok too.

Excited for the January box because the brands and products look totally amazing!

I'm sad they are going to 4 boxes a year, they truly are my favorite box. In another way I'm glad cause I've been trying to cut expenses. I just wish it was not Yuzen.

Originally Posted by Lindalk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sad they are going to 4 boxes a year, they truly are my favorite box. In another way I'm glad cause I've been trying to cut expenses. I just wish it was not Yuzen.
I know!  There are other subscriptions that I would rather get only four times, I want Yuzen every month!

I'm curious as to what you guys like so much about yuzen. I've never tried them but I've looked at them before and it never quite captured my interest. What am I missing?

Someone posted on their Facebook page that they would rather have quality over quantity, and I agree! Since I had planned this for a replacment for PopSugar, I might have to look at picking up something else!

Originally Posted by Lindalk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious as to what you guys like so much about yuzen. I've never tried them but I've looked at them before and it never quite captured my interest. What am I missing?
Yuzen has their niche, if you are looking for makeup and cutesy trends, you won't like it. If you like a variety of quality eco-friendly products - some skincare, bodycare or home etc, then you might.  I guess I like that they treat people like grown-ups with thinking minds.  Sometimes some of the other subs have a "take what we give you sheep because we think its trendy" attitude that doesn't always mesh with everyone.  I mean some of those subs are fun, for a while, but after a few months it all starts to feel the same.  

It is one of the pricier ones, but its not to everyone's taste.  I know alot of subscribers like lots of makeup, but I have a glut of lip gloss and mascara, and that is what I wear everyday!  I had to stop subscribing to a few of the popular subs because I had more than I could reasonably use, and quite frankly, those little packets get tiresome. 

Consistency

quality products

full size products-usually more than one

Deluxe samples, rarely foil packets unless that is how the full size comes packaged

Good customer service

Originally Posted by Merryone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yuzen has their niche, if you are looking for makeup and cutesy trends, you won't like it. If you like a variety of quality eco-friendly products - some skincare, bodycare or home etc, then you might.  I guess I like that they treat people like grown-ups with thinking minds.  Sometimes some of the other subs have a "take what we give you sheep because we think its trendy" attitude that doesn't always mesh with everyone.  I mean some of those subs are fun, for a while, but after a few months it all starts to feel the same.  

It is one of the pricier ones, but its not to everyone's taste.  I know alot of subscribers like lots of makeup, but I have a glut of lip gloss and mascara, and that is what I wear everyday!  I had to stop subscribing to a few of the popular subs because I had more than I could reasonably use, and quite frankly, those little packets get tiresome. 

Consistency

quality products

Deluxe samples, rarely foil packets unless that is how the full size comes packaged

Good customer service
Yep this ^^^. 

Yea I like the fact they have full size products not many subs have that. I came across seasonsbox which is new and I feel like its very similar to yuzen so I will be subscribing to that. I still don't know about popsugar I ordered a January box to see what they have but they are a bit pricey

I'm so tempted to sign up but I really need another subscription box like I need a hole in my head ... It seriously looks amazing and I really want to do it. My husband and I are building our dream home on a lake and I'm really trying to take a spending break. Is this a normal looking box for them or is it extra special compared to their other months?? I'm excited for you ladies.

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm so tempted to sign up but I really need another subscription box like I need a hole in my head ... It seriously looks amazing and I really want to do it. My husband and I are building our dream home on a lake and I'm really trying to take a spending break. Is this a normal looking box for them or is it extra special compared to their other months?? I'm excited for you ladies.
I've been a subscriber since October and all of my boxes have been similar to the one listed for January. If you go to the link above, you can see pictures of all the past boxes. It looks to me like they are only getting better.

they will be going quarterly starting with February- all of the boxes have been excellent.  I have to give them credit for less frequent boxes to maintain the quality :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I gifted myself a box last year; (got a deal for $19) and was so impressed, really loved it. 

I currently have (4) subs, and didn't want to sub to another one, but the change (going quarterly,) makes it more do-able for me.  I couldn't resist!  Really psyched!

I couldn't agree with you more Merryone! 

Consistency

quality products

Good customer service

Oh I hope you do subscribe Deenellie!  I understand about having too many subscriptions, you don't realize how many you have until you total up each month how much is going out!  I had to put myself on restriction too!

I wonder if that is one reason they are going to quarterly instead of monthly?  To make it more reasonable for people.   If so, what a refreshing change!  A subscription company taking the customers into consideration instead of how much money they can make from us!  This makes me feel, if it's truly one of the reasons, that they practice what they preach.  

Back