BB Creams and CC Creams??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I wanted to get some opinions on the new skin care product that seems to be all the rage - first it was BB creams and now it's CC creams. I'm hoping you all can help!

1. How do you feel about this trend?

2. Do you use a BB cream or CC cream? And if so, which one?

3. How does it work with/interact with your makeup?

I tried the Garnier BB cream, but it didn't match my skin very well. I have really light, fair skin, so I would need a line that has more than 3 option (a fair to medium color will be too dark for me).

THANKS!

The CC cream claim is in color correction or something like that. I've only tried the Juice Beauty CC cream and was not a fan. The coverage was terrible; it felt like I put a heavy moisturizer on and nothing more. As for BB creams, I'm a fan and have tried several. Currently loving the Dr. Jart Waterfuse, but have really gotten great coverage and use from other Dr. Jart BB creams, Boscia's BB cream, and a Skin79 BB cream. I think the Garnier and typical drugstore brands fall short and basically offer a tinted moisturizer. I'd recommend spending a little more and trying some Asian brands of BB creams.

Originally Posted by abbyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey everyone!

I wanted to get some opinions on the new skin care product that seems to be all the rage - first it was BB creams and now it's CC creams. I'm hoping you all can help!

I tried the Garnier BB cream, but it didn't match my skin very well. I have really light, fair skin, so I would need a line that has more than 3 option (a fair to medium color will be too dark for me).

THANKS!
1. I love the trend!  Some of the BB Creams out there have decent coverage even!  And I love that they have some built in ingredients that help your skin.  It's an easy way to improve my face in the morning.

2. I've tried a handful of BB Creams and only so-called CC cream (Juice Beauty).  Some BB creams seem to just focus on the healthy-skin benefits and have little to no coverage (Juice Beauty and Urban Decay I'm looking at you!).  I prefer ones that have some coverage.  Of those I really like Missha, Boscia, and Smashbox.  

* Missha has the most coverage and feels the most luxurious, but it's color is slightly off for me so I have to use a bronzer over to make it match me more. 

* Boscia might be too dark for you, but it's perfect for me and super quick to apply.  It also has the sunscreen chemical I prefer for full protection.

* Smashbox has the least amount of coverage but a really flattering undertone on me.  I always get compliments when I use it and it photographs the best.  It takes more work to apply, and it's the most expensive of the three I think - so I don't reach for it everyday.  But I'd use it at a nicer event whereas the other two are definitely for more casual usage.

Jart's BB Cream formula is really nice but it was far too light for me - may be one to sample for you though!

3. I use a BB cream in lieu of a foundation.  Alledgly healthier and quicker to apply.  I think all the BB creams I use apply best with fingers, but I may use a foundation brush to finish.  My foundations tend to apply best with a moist beauty blender, but the BB Creams already have that dewey finish so it doesn't work as well with them...fingers and a foundation brush (like Urban Decay's Optical Blurring Brush).

I sometimes will use a transluent powder (usually by Vichy Dermablend) to set, but not always.  If my face is having a bad day, I may mix my BB cream with some Vichy Dermablend to give even more coverage - but I'm comfortable with med- to full-coverage face products as my skin is not perfect.  (I have a lot of hyperpigmentation.)  I finish with a touch of bronser and/or blush - cream or powder and some highlighter if I'm feeling fancy.  Basically, some formulations are not much different than a foundation (except healthier for your skin!) and I use in the same manner.

I love BB Creams, but I only trust the ones from asian companies. The American interpretation of BB Creams winds up being more of a tinted moisturizer. The asian ones leave my skin really dewy and natural. My favorite was the Skin 79 Hot Pink BB Cream, but I ran out of it recently. I'll repurchase when I get through the rest of my foundation stock, but I miss it already. It was hard going back to thick foundations after wearing the really light BBs.

I found the Skin 79 worked really well with my makeup -- better than foundations, which would cake or gunk up easily on my dry-ish skin.

Hi! I really like BB creams, they are very easy and comfortable to wear. My favorite is Garnier BB cream.

Thank you ladies! I think I am going to try some different brands and see if I can get a good match!

I'm super pale as well but the WEI to Go Ideal Skin Perfect Finish CC cream matched my skin. It gives decent coverage, and a flawless finish. I believe Its only available at birchbox.com.

I love the trend, specially with those BB creams that give you decent coverage. I use Missha BB cream and I love it, I haven't tried CC creams yet though. It works just fine with my make up, not any different than regular foundation :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, I am really looking try one that is as effective as a foundation. I need a little bit more than a tinted moisturizer!

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Missha has really good ones, the best bb creams I'm my opinion are the asian ones :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the american/drugstore ones are not nearly as good :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I agree - I tried the Garnier one and found it didn't do anything for me, and the color didn't match my skin at all. I will into Missha! Thanks!

Originally Posted by abbyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey everyone!

THANKS!
I really love BB creams! I have used creams by Dr. Jart, Missha, Skin79, Holika Holika, Garnier, Maybelline, Urban Decay...my favorite brands so far are Missha and Skin79.

I use one daily, in place of foundation, and it works well with my other makeup.

The Garnier is also a bit too dark for me...a true asian bb cream will mostly match your skin without having to come in different shades. My fair skin works well with Missha in the shade #13 or #21, Dr. Jart, and Skin79 especially.

I'm very fair and I love Loreal's BB Cream. <3 I'm soooo curious as to what differences there are between BB Creams and CC Creams though. So confusing! lol

L'Oreal BB cream has really nice coverage, not too much and still covers a lot, it blends well and comes out as white liquid which changes into color when blended on skin. I really like it. I would only wear if it would have SPF and it doesn't. it is a deal breaker for me.

Maybelline BB cream, I had to buy another color, the light/medium is too light for my skin, being summer and all. It has SPF and comes out in liquid paste, I use it often, it gives medium coverage, moisturizing, but I wish it would blend with skin more naturally. I am still on the search. Sometimes it groups into small pieces and when comes out it has little pieces which I have to wipe with tissue, a little unpleasant

I also have Rimmel BB cream in medium, coverage is more than what I would want, consistence thick, has SPF, I like it, but it is a little too heavy for me.

Physician formula BB cream - I was absolutely sold on it until in about of week of usage it starts separate into water and paste. I use medium color, has good coverage, I don't like that it  separates.

I also have Almay BB cream, it has SPF and it is average. I use it time to time. It doesn't blend on skin into natural color, on the light you can see the cream, looks like moisturizing foundation

CC creams - L'Oreal visible effect lifting CC cream - I absolutely hated it. It is not only moisturizing - it is sticky and feels very unpleasant. Worst coverage, tints skin, but doesn't really cover anything. If your skin is oily do not buy it, my skin is normal and after I applied it I feel like washing my face

I got Smashbox's CC cream (in fair) and I'm really liking it for summer. Coverage is good, but it feels light. I have been finding my Missha to be too heavy for summer, it was causing breakouts...the Smashbox is working well. It will likely be too dry for winter (alone, at least...can always put over some extra moisturizer) and might be a bit too dark for my winter skin, but it's great for the hot and humid weather.

I bought my bb's from rubyruby shop on eBay and they are legit.i have the oriental gold from skin79 and the peach girl one from hollika hollika. I am usually the palest in foundation shades and the skin79 is my favorite.i wholeheartedly agree that most of the versions available here are just tinted moisturizer.i also have dr. Jart water fuse I bought from birchbox, but that's made in Korea too.bb creams are a miracle and I love them!i saw the it cosmetics on qvc the other day and it looked pretty cool.the muse gave it a pretty good review,I might have to break down and try it.

I bought the Stila CC cream from Sephora today. It starts out with green little beads that pop when you rub it in and correct the color of your skin. I thought this was a good idea because I have rosacea and my skin is really really red sometimes. I tried the cc cream at the store and I really think the green helps to correct my skins redness. I plan on using it as a primer/moisturizer/corrector/SPF, not so much for coverage. I am going to put a thin layer of the cc cream on and then add my foundation on top.

Does anyone have the Stila CC cream? Anyone use foundation with their cc creams?

I did a review on CC creams a little while back and also discussed the differences a little.

CC Creams are complexion correcting creams while a BB cream is a blemish balm.

With CC creams the emphasis is on the entire complexion while with BB creams they are focusing on covering up blemishes.

A CC cream provides more coverage. Not as much as a foundation does but a bit more than a BB Cream does.

Also, they are not specifically designed for Asian skin, which has left many of us westerners with white faces.

xo

Mod Edit - Please no personal blog links, as per our Terms of Service, thank you!

Back