Favorite Shampoo/Conditioner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is your all time favorite shampoo and conditioner? 

I've been searching forever and would love some suggestions!

Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger line. Every one of the products in that line are amazing! Completely worth the cost as well!

The Redken All Soft line is my favorite in the winter when my hair needs more moisture.  Oscar Blandi Pronto Volumizing during the summer when my hair is more oily.

I second the Awapuhi line by Paul Mitchell!!!!!  I really liked WEN, but the Awapuhi makes my hair soooo soft and bouncy..even more so than the WEN.

I dont have a ton of money. So i love the pantene two in one. I have thick wavy hair. Its tangled easy. I think pantene makes it softer

Drugstore:

Shampoo - L'oreal Everclean Cleansing Conditioner/Suave Coconut/Aussie Moist/Tresemme Naturals

Conditioner - Aussie Moist/Garnier Triple Nutrition/Renpure Moisturizing (red bottle)/Tresemme Naturals

Specialty:

Shampoo - Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Shampoo/Trader Joe's Tea Tree Shampoo

Conditioner - Trader Joe's Nourish Conditioner / Sally's Generic Conditioning Balm (Matrix Biolage dupe)

'High End'

Shampoo - Deva NoPoo, BumbleBumble Coconut, Matrix Biolage

Conditioner - Tigi Moisture Maniac/Tigi Oatmeal Honey/BumbleBumble Coconut, Matrix Biolage

Generally I don't use heavy silicone based products so I can get away with gentler products and my hair is fine and dense so it needs lots of moisture, so this is good if you don't use a lot of products in your hair, if you use a lot of heat protectant, smoothers etc ignore my shampoos then lol. Also ignore my conditioners if your hair does not need moisture or if products easily get too heavy for you.

my favorite is LOreal's Ever Creme Cleansing Conditioner!! It is a wonder product that is ultra-gentle and has powerful combination of 1/4 cleanser + 3/4 moisture and its sulphate free.

Tip# Always try to avoid the products which contain sulphates, Sodium chloride and Formaldehyde, these additives damage hair and irritate the scalp.Take time to read the labels on hair care products before adding it to cart.

Salon: Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioning Balm OR Fortetherapie Strengthening Shampoo & Conditioner

Drugstore: Aussie Moist Shampoo & Conditioner

I tried Wen a while back and wasn't that big a fan of it after about a month I believe it was. I started using an Ion conditioner to clean my hair. It was ok but not spectacular. Then started to use Ojon conditioners in the same way - the ones in the tubs. They were great for a while. I finally started applying Jamaican black castor oil to my hair at night, massaging it into the scalp, rolling my hair up into a knot and washing it out the next morning with a Nexxus shampoo - too lazy to go check the exact name....Humectress? - then using the conditioner from the same line. That's what I've found has worked the best for me. My hair has gotten a lot healthier, shinier & stronger doing that. After blow drying, I apply a little bit of castor oil on my hair again & roll it into a knot while it's still warm until I'm done applying my makeup. It ends up giving me really nice soft waves in my hair. Another thing I've found makes my conditioner work really well is to squeeze the extra water out of my hair, apply the conditioner, roll my hair up & hold it into a knot with a hair clip, put a shower cap on while I finish the rest of my shower so my head/hair stays warm and the conditioner penetrates better, then rinse it out just before I get out of the shower. Between that and the castor oil, I find my hair is in a lot better condition than before. The Jamaican black castor oil I found on Amazon for about $8-$9. It might be more now, I'm not sure.

My current favorite is the Philip B Russian Imperial shampoo and Schwarzkopf Moisture Kick Treatment. They both smell delicious and make detangling super easy. They both also do a fantastic job at moisturizing the hair.

I recently ran out of my Honey I'm Strong conditioner, so I decided to try something else out, just for kicks. I got the Suave Professionals keratin one, and I love it!! I think it's my new conditioner...at least for awhile!

Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried Wen a while back and wasn't that big a fan of it after about a month I believe it was. I started using an Ion conditioner to clean my hair. It was ok but not spectacular. Then started to use Ojon conditioners in the same way - the ones in the tubs. They were great for a while.

I finally started applying Jamaican black castor oil to my hair at night, massaging it into the scalp, rolling my hair up into a knot and washing it out the next morning with a Nexxus shampoo - too lazy to go check the exact name....Humectress? - then using the conditioner from the same line. That's what I've found has worked the best for me. My hair has gotten a lot healthier, shinier & stronger doing that. After blow drying, I apply a little bit of castor oil on my hair again & roll it into a knot while it's still warm until I'm done applying my makeup. It ends up giving me really nice soft waves in my hair.

Another thing I've found makes my conditioner work really well is to squeeze the extra water out of my hair, apply the conditioner, roll my hair up & hold it into a knot with a hair clip, put a shower cap on while I finish the rest of my shower so my head/hair stays warm and the conditioner penetrates better, then rinse it out just before I get out of the shower. Between that and the castor oil, I find my hair is in a lot better condition than before. The Jamaican black castor oil I found on Amazon for about $8-$9. It might be more now, I'm not sure.
squeezing out extra water always seems so simple but it makes such a difference.

another one: oil mid to ends of hair (evoo, jojoba) or spray with leave in conditioner (conditioner water mix also works) 15-30 minutes before showering. when i have time it minimizes damage from shampoo and has made the biggest different in regards to frizz for me

Shampoo: Kirkland Brand (sulfate and ammonia chloride free!).  It's affordable, suds up nicely, smells goods, leaves a clean feeling, and keeps my hair soft.

Conditioner: L'Oreal - Feria Color Moisturizing Treatment, Aussie Moist Conditioner, Bumble & Bumble Super Rich Conditioner

Deep conditioner: Aussie Three Minute Miracle and L'Oreal Nature Therapy - They're affordable and just moisturize my thirsty hair.

Anything Herbal Essence or Aussie. 
smile.gif

As I Am CoWash. My hair has never been better, its on the cheaper side of cleansing conditioners ($6.99 for 16oz). And the smell is just simply amazing. I actually hated it at first and planned to go back to my beloved Hair One. The smell was the only thing that kept me using it, which I'm so glad I did. I use it as a deep conditioner once a week as well. My bleach fried hair has never been better.

EDIT: At the moment, my current HG conditioner, Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure Moisture Kick Treatment has been discontinued=(. I guess I'll have to name my second favorite, Terax Crema Ultra Moisturizing Daily Conditioner in its place.

Latest posts

Back