Sign in to follow this  
deactivateduser232015

Julep: February 2013

I was going to skip...uhm. not anymore!!!! I'm It Girl but I was REALLY drawn to Joan. and on FB they have Joan as American Beauty. and then i saw the blog and that Joan was part of It Girl(which, has the other two colors I REAAALLLYYYYYY wanted.) sooo yayyy. and every box gets the freedom topcoat??? yayy. I don't really care about the oxygen basecoat. I rarely use one and when i do I use a sally hansen nail hardener I have :P sooooo yayyyyyy It Girl. no changes....except which card it charges to! oops :) oh, and I'm having the same account problem.

I opted for the whole collection after reading what it included, geez Julep why did you have to make this month soooo tempting!

https://www.julep.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/300x200/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/e/feb_upgrade_image.jpg

Included:

Upgrade to the full Glamour Collection (a $252 value) to get all ten NEW February colors,

PLUS Oscar, Ellie, Oxygen Nail Treatment, Freedom Polymer Top Coat, and a white lacquer jewelry box.

Set includes:

• Sally: Antique ivory crème
  • Joan: Raspberry plum with rose gold shimmer
  • Julianne: Smoky grey blue crème
  • Ingrid: Burnt orange crème
  • Laura: Olive khaki crème
  • Ginger: Sand holographic
  • Helen: Smoky pastel lavender crème
  • Claudette: Smoky brick red crème
  • Marion: Smoky blue with silver shimmer
  • Rebel: Silver holographic
  • Oscar: Ultra chic, multi-dimensional gold glitter
  • Ellie: Opalescent seashell pink with holographic shimmer
  • Oxygen Nail Treatment: Strengthening 'makeup for nails' with a subtle tint
  • Freedom Polymer Top Coat: Smudge-free shine in five minutes
  • White Lacquer Jewelry Box: Hand-made limited edition white lacquer box with high shine finish

Originally Posted by gemstone View Post

I disagree! Amy is very Amy Adams to me!

Disagree still.

If you're thinking of this dress she wore for Enchanted (which IA is an "Amy" colour), Julep Amy is a shade too dark for that. I don't mind the blue, but I think in general it's a shade too dark to be an "Amy". Also, the blue should be a shade more teal then. Plus, if their inspiration was this dress, I would've loved to see a subtle pink shimmer a la Sinful Colors Cinderella or Cult Nails princess.

So all the colours for this month are in the addons too. I think they just wanted to give a choice to old polishes for $5 as addons. Love it.

I'm due to get the Bombshell box. I wish I could get a better view of "Ginger". I'm unfamiliar with holographic nail polishes so I'm not exactly sure what to expect.nixweiss.gif

Originally Posted by zorabell View Post

I opted for the whole collection after reading what it included, geez Julep why did you have to make this month soooo tempting!

https://www.julep.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/300x200/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/e/feb_upgrade_image.jpg

Included:

Upgrade to the full Glamour Collection (a $252 value) to get all ten NEW February colors,

PLUS Oscar, Ellie, Oxygen Nail Treatment, Freedom Polymer Top Coat, and a white lacquer jewelry box.

Set includes:

• Sally: Antique ivory crème
  • Joan: Raspberry plum with rose gold shimmer
  • Julianne: Smoky grey blue crème
  • Ingrid: Burnt orange crème
  • Laura: Olive khaki crème
  • Ginger: Sand holographic
  • Helen: Smoky pastel lavender crème
  • Claudette: Smoky brick red crème
  • Marion: Smoky blue with silver shimmer
  • Rebel: Silver holographic
  • Oscar: Ultra chic, multi-dimensional gold glitter
  • Ellie: Opalescent seashell pink with holographic shimmer
  • Oxygen Nail Treatment: Strengthening 'makeup for nails' with a subtle tint
  • Freedom Polymer Top Coat: Smudge-free shine in five minutes
  • White Lacquer Jewelry Box: Hand-made limited edition white lacquer box with high shine finish

i couldn't resist either!

Decisions... Decisions... I'm going back and forth between Bomshell & Boho Glam... Both come with the new top coat & base right?

Originally Posted by AtomicBunny View Post

I'm due to get the Bombshell box. I wish I could get a better view of "Ginger". I'm unfamiliar with holographic nail polishes so I'm not exactly sure what to expect.nixweiss.gif

Same here!  I have no idea what "holographic" nail polish is and their swatch pick is too tiny to tell!

Originally Posted by jac a View Post

i couldn't resist either!

Me either.

For one thing, by the time I switched from Boho to Classic with a Twist to get the colors I wanted, and then did an add on of that nail polish that's a treatment [not the top coat, the pink one], and then the orange polish & the green I wanted, it was $40. I'd rather just spend the extra $10 and get the whole lot plus the box that I love.

I ended up pausing my Square Hue account this month to help make up for it at least.

Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

Disagree still.

If you're thinking of this dress she wore for Enchanted (which IA is an "Amy" colour), Julep Amy is a shade too dark for that. I don't mind the blue, but I think in general it's a shade too dark to be an "Amy". Also, the blue should be a shade more teal then. Plus, if their inspiration was this dress, I would've loved to see a subtle pink shimmer a la Sinful Colors Cinderella or Cult Nails princess.

So all the colours for this month are in the addons too. I think they just wanted to give a choice to old polishes for $5 as addons. Love it.

YES! I'm happy now :D

Hmm.  The more I think about it, the more I just want Rebel, and that's it.  This might have a *lot* to do with the fact that I just saw my Square Hue charge come through, so my mind is all caught up thinking about those mystery colors.  I'm currently leaning toward skipping and then ordering it as a stand-alone once it gets added to the general catalog.  Or even just skipping it entirely and going with my Zoya Trixie/Milani 3D Holographic top coat when I want a silver+holo punch.  I'm also tempted by Ginger, but I have a feeling it's close enough to butter LONDON All Hail The Queen for me to be able to skip Ginger since I have AHtQ, and beige/sand/neutral is not a color family I'm particularly wild about.

(And I find myself thinking of the Amy inspiration for the shade as a combination of Adams, Pond, and Madigan:  Redheads/strawberry blonds who look good in that general color group, not any specific Amy tied to a particular shade.)

I picked boho glam for now, I haven't decided about add-ons yet. I don't need any of the colors and the only one I wanted (Jane) is in a set with other colors I'm meh about. We'll see though, I usually change my mind 38457 times ;-)

I can't believe the deal to upgrade to the full collection though! Definitely going to take advantage of that in future months if I love the whole set! 

I thought they would have the add ons as singles, not in groups, but it actually works better for me, that way I don't buy any XD lol except for the ones from this month XD

I am over the moon for Square Hue, but Julep got me this month.  I love all of the colors except Julianne and Sally, which are still okay.  I'm upgrading to the whole collection, now I'll have two white lacquer boxes full of Julep polishes that I have to hide from my husband eusa_naughty.gif.

I am getting classic with a twist. I wish I could upgrade to the whole collection but my husband would kill me. We just don't have the space.

Originally Posted by Shauna999 View Post

How much is it ladies to upgrade to the entire set??

An extra $35 I believe :)

Went for bombshell and added the set with Jane in it. I wish I could add Jane by itself because I really want that color but oh well. I'm excited to see that and ginger in person

Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

(And I find myself thinking of the Amy inspiration for the shade as a combination of Adams, Pond, and Madigan:  Redheads/strawberry blonds who look good in that general color group, not any specific Amy tied to a particular shade.)

Amy Pond as in Doctor Who?? I think you might be my new friend!!! :D

I have two accounts and (I usually almost always skip one) this time I'm getting bombshell on one account and it girl on the other. It really makes sense to have two accounts when they have months like this that include a bonus (like the freedom topcoat) which would normally go for $9.99 as an add on and even more regular priced. Not totally in love with the green color in bombshell but I need that sand colored holo