Sign in to follow this  
deactivateduser232015

Julep: February 2013

Originally Posted by hiheather View Post

Now I'm sad. I wanted to hoard Julep jewelry boxes.

Me too, I hope they do it again.  Hopefully they will still have them in the secret store.

I am happy with the Julep Freedom Topcoat now. I used CND Stickey with Zoya Bevin, waited 5 minutes put on the topcoat and then my son started whining that he would not be able to do his valentines and homework. 10 minutes after I painted them I wrote his valentines and put stickers on kettle corn. This is now a week later and it just has tip wear and has grown out some. 

Originally Posted by hiheather View Post

Yea, it is exactly this. I got the Oprah 2012 favorites which normally is $168. Thanks to my nifty $50 for $25 card and dd on I got it for $25. I'm excited.

I actually looked up reviews on it and discovered that the white box is a monthly option. For $30 more on top of the $20 maven price you can get all the polish of the month inside the box. This was the worst discovery ever for me. I will now upgrade monthly. Poor bank account.

When I upgraded my December(?) box, it didn't come in or with a white box - just the nail polish bottles wrapped in bubble tape in groups of 2 or 3.

I ended up skipping this month.

I just bought two pairs of new boots, so I really need to cut back somewhere!

At least the colors aren't particularly exciting to me and I already have the products, just in the old packaging, so I don't care about missing out on those either.

Originally Posted by CaliMel View Post

I ended up skipping this month.

I just bought two pairs of new boots, so I really need to cut back somewhere!

At least the colors aren't particularly exciting to me and I already have the products, just in the old packaging, so I don't care about missing out on those either.

TEACH ME YOUR WAYS... 

after 4 years of college I finally drank the koolaid and ordered a North Face Denali jacket.. 

did not need.

probably do not need pastels :/

yet i also added on the st. patties color because I am a sucker for seasonal nail polish.

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic View Post

TEACH ME YOUR WAYS... 

after 4 years of college I finally drank the koolaid and ordered a North Face Denali jacket.. 

did not need.

probably do not need pastels :/

yet i also added on the st. patties color because I am a sucker for seasonal nail polish.

Haha...my little brother is in college and somehow ended up with a women's North Face jacket in his dorm (don't even wanna know how it ended up there).  No girl he hangs out with claimed it, so he brought it back home to me.  :)  But whenever it wears out, I'm definitely investing in another...I think they're well worth the price.  I love mine so much, it even went backpacking with me this past summer despite it being so bulky when rolled up and stuffed in my pack.  

Originally Posted by ashleyanner View Post

Haha...my little brother is in college and somehow ended up with a women's North Face jacket in his dorm (don't even wanna know how it ended up there).  No girl he hangs out with claimed it, so he brought it back home to me.  :)  But whenever it wears out, I'm definitely investing in another...I think they're well worth the price.  I love mine so much, it even went backpacking with me this past summer despite it being so bulky when rolled up and stuffed in my pack.  

ahaha that does not surprise me at all, they are all over the place. I couldn't not order it because it was $130 instead of the $190 they usually are... and I already want a black one with the hood. I love the color I got. Saw it at Nordies a couple months ago full price and had a hard time letting it go. Grey with a tiffany blue zipper track

I live like 15 minutes walking from one of the only North Face outlets in the country, but their Denali jackets are NEVER on sale, and if they are they are like lime green. 

I get all my other winter gear there, including a $300 down jacket with a fur hood for like $80, the sales are ridiculous, and the stuff is current season, its crazy.

ahaha that does not surprise me at all, they are all over the place. I couldn't not order it because it was $130 instead of the $190 they usually are... and I already want a black one with the hood. I love the color I got. Saw it at Nordies a couple months ago full price and had a hard time letting it go. Grey with a tiffany blue zipper track

I live like 15 minutes walking from one of the only North Face outlets in the country, but their Denali jackets are NEVER on sale, and if they are they are like lime green. 

I get all my other winter gear there, including a $300 down jacket with a fur hood for like $80, the sales are ridiculous, and the stuff is current season, its crazy.

Where did you find this? I looked on their site, but I don't see this combo. I love the gray and blue! I had a purple one, but I left it somewhere and when I went back 20 min later someone had already stolen it. So I have been looking to replace!

Where did you find this? I looked on their site, but I don't see this combo. I love the gray and blue! I had a purple one, but I left it somewhere and when I went back 20 min later someone had already stolen it. So I have been looking to replace!
Zappos has a ton of colors at great prices, but I got this color in my size from cabelas.com I would have preferred zappos for the great shipping, but I had to have this exact one. Loblol I am going to get a hooded one eventually , definitely zappos that :)

Ooo...that's purdy.  :)  I'll have to check out Zappos...didn't know they sold these!

Originally Posted by wadedl View Post

I am happy with the Julep Freedom Topcoat now. I used CND Stickey with Zoya Bevin, waited 5 minutes put on the topcoat and then my son started whining that he would not be able to do his valentines and homework. 10 minutes after I painted them I wrote his valentines and put stickers on kettle corn. This is now a week later and it just has tip wear and has grown out some. 

I love Bevin, I need to try that combo.

Did anyone get the Jane color this month? Or was that January? Anyway...I opened it up last night for the first time and loved the results of my sparkly nails, until I woke up this morning. Nail polish was totally gone from two nails and chipped terribly on a few more. I used Seche base and top coats...Maybe I'll try it again on bare nails. I'm cautious about ordering Lucky now if their glitter formulations aren't going to last more than a few hours.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud View Post

Did anyone get the Jane color this month? Or was that January? Anyway...I opened it up last night for the first time and loved the results of my sparkly nails, until I woke up this morning. Nail polish was totally gone from two nails and chipped terribly on a few more. I used Seche base and top coats...Maybe I'll try it again on bare nails. I'm cautious about ordering Lucky now if their glitter formulations aren't going to last more than a few hours.

Sorry to hear that, I got Jane as an add on for February but have not tried it yet.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud View Post

I haven't tried Jane yet (even though I now have 2), but their other glitter polishes are nice.  I got the entire December wardrobe and love all of them.  

So I got my first box this month (Valentines) and I loved the colors.  But I can't get them to stay on my nails for more than 2 days! They chip like crazy.  I use Seche Vite as my topcoat and I have tried three different basecoats (SV, Orly Bonder and China Glaze).  I really want to love these polishes!! 

Yesterday I got my intro Maven box which was Bombshell and has Chelsea in it-sweet motha, the glitter is AMAZING!! I have it on over China Glaze Liquid Leather as a glitter drip mani and it is stunning!!! Hoping the glitter lasts longer than the others I tried...