hair care freebies

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You Rock Haloinrverse... Finding FREE samples for UK'ers too
smile.gif
Gotta love you!!!

well since you asked
smile.gif

Raptores orbis, postquam cuncta vastantibus defuere terrae, iam mare scrutantur: si locuples hostis est, avari, si pauper, ambitiosi, quos non Oriens, non Occidens satiaverit. . . . Auferre trucidare rapere falsis nominibus imperium, atque ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.

Brigands of the world, after the earth has failed their all-devastating hands, they probe even the sea; if their enemy be wealthy, they are greedy; if he be poor, they are ambitious; neither the East nor the West has glutted them. . . . They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

solitudinem = wasteland.

the passage is millenia old, and is still pretty applicable. its what we (the US) are doing to another land, and what lands have done to each other since the dawn of time. were killing in the name of. we lay claim to what isnt ours, we destroy nations in the name of "peace," and in short, its a symptom of human nature. everything is never enough.

Originally Posted by haloinrverse well since you asked
smile.gif

Raptores orbis, postquam cuncta vastantibus defuere terrae, iam mare scrutantur: si locuples hostis est, avari, si pauper, ambitiosi, quos non Oriens, non Occidens satiaverit. . . . Auferre trucidare rapere falsis nominibus imperium, atque ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.

Brigands of the world, after the earth has failed their all-devastating hands, they probe even the sea; if their enemy be wealthy, they are greedy; if he be poor, they are ambitious; neither the East nor the West has glutted them. . . . They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

solitudinem = wasteland.

the passage is millenia old, and is still pretty applicable. its what we (the US) are doing to another land, and what lands have done to each other since the dawn of time. were killing in the name of. we lay claim to what isnt ours, we destroy nations in the name of "peace," and in short, its a symptom of human nature. everything is never enough.

Ok so it is a sort of anti-war, but more anti-imperialism.. but the thing is, if these things never existed, we would not be here right now. Nothing is all bad or all good. But I agree, war is pretty darn ugly as is greed when you already have enough as it is. I do not believe the US wants to take over the Middle East though.. we are not there for imperialist reasons.

IT is human nature to want more and more. Darwin would call it survivalist methods, but whatever we call it, it's a fact. Sometimes the strong become the meek and vice versa. It all depends on perspective.

We are all guilty of having enough and wanting more and of our own kind of imperialism. We destroy the land and one another in the name of peace or for what we believe is just and right. If we were not guilty of this, we would not drive cars, have the death penalty, have prisons, have fast food, alcohol, tobacco, and in short... freedom and order. It's a catch 22 that is not black and white to me.

WELL SAID CALI-GIRLY
icon_exclaim.gif

Originally Posted by Californian

Ok so it is a sort of anti-war, but more anti-imperialism.. but the thing is, if these things never existed, we would not be here right now. Nothing is all bad or all good. But I agree, war is pretty darn ugly as is greed when you already have enough as it is. I do not believe the US wants to take over the Middle East though.. we are not there for imperialist reasons.

IT is human nature to want more and more. Darwin would call it survivalist methods, but whatever we call it, it's a fact. Sometimes the strong become the meek and vice versa. It all depends on perspective.

We are all guilty of having enough and wanting more and of our own kind of imperialism. We destroy the land and one another in the name of peace or for what we believe is just and right. If we were not guilty of this, we would not drive cars, have the death penalty, have prisons, have fast food, alcohol, tobacco, and in short... freedom and order. It's a catch 22 that is not black and white to me.

Latest posts

Back