Best Individual Lash Glue?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I really dislike the glue that comes in the packages of lashes, it makes my eyes water, so what's the best glue to use on individual lashes?

Duo Adhesive is the standard go-to lash glue in the industry. Most drug stores and pro make-up stores like Naimies, Alcone, and Frend's carry it, and so does MAC. They also have a latex-free version that comes in a green lettered box. And a black latex version that comes in a pink lettered box.

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Duo Adhesive is the standard go-to lash glue in the industry. Most drug stores and pro make-up stores like Naimies, Alcone, and Frend's carry it, and so does MAC.

They also have a latex-free version that comes in a green lettered box. And a black latex version that comes in a pink lettered box.
I am agree with you. Thanks for sharing.

It also comes in different colors, if you can find them. I believe that Camera Ready Cosmetics had a couple of different shades of the glue available before. Not sure now. You might want to check there. I haven't really seen anything but the standard white color in drug stores, unfortunately. But it is good stuff, as other people mentioned.

Interesting. I thought it only came in white and black? What are the other colours do they come in?

At IMATS there was a booth that sold essentially what is a double stick tape for eyelashes. Unfortunately I didn't get a really good chance to see the products up close but I did see many people buy it so I saw what they bought. Kind of kicking myself for not stopping by.

Ahh, we call that "snot tape" in the industry as it sticks excellently without the sticky residue left behind and virtually all departments use it. Now if they made lash strips of this stuff for falsies, then I think this will render the liquid lash glue obsolete.

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahh, we call that "snot tape" in the industry as it sticks excellently without the sticky residue left behind and virtually all departments use it.

Now if they made lash strips of this stuff for falsies, then I think this will render the liquid lash glue obsolete.
That's exactly what it's for. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm so mad at myself for not getting a chance to get to that booth.

http://fantabulash.com/

I have pretty sensitive eyes and I found that the Georgie glue doesn't irritate me. It's infused with organic chamomile and lavender extracts and doesn't contain nasty stuff like phtalates or formaldehyde. Just in case you are a Birchbox subscriber, they carry them in the BB store as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Black & white, as you mentioned. Although the black one I bought looked more like dark grey to me.

Black & white, as you mentioned. Although the black one I bought looked more like dark grey to me.
Yeah it looks dark grey, but it dries... Blackish. You have to shake Duo vigorously as it does seperate in the tube. If it comes out in a yellowish clumping texture, you know it's time to replace it. Low temperature and air adulteration causes this (the yellowing).

That's exactly what it's for. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm so mad at myself for not getting a chance to get to that booth.
No kid-ding... Now that stuff is going to be a game changer for sure. The positives outweigh the benefits of Duo hands down. I always see Sound and Wardrobe use tape strips like this all the time, and it never occurred to me how this would work for Make-up as in a false lash tape... Duh, why didn't I think if that! Arghh!

Latest posts

Back