The Look Bag Discontinuing AGAIN (2013)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just got an email from The look bag I will copy and paste here.

Dear Look Bag Member,

We regret to inform you after this month we will be discontinuing the Look Bag. You've all been great to us and we're sorry to disappoint you. We will be processing full refunds for those who paid in advance and also those not receiving January bags in the next week so just hold on tight and keep an eye on your inbox. You'll get a full transaction receipt there. We wish you all the best and happy beauty box endeavors.

Sincerely,

Team Look Bag

*created a new thread* :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think I was just fine with it. I emailed them two weeks ago, following up on my December bag because I did not receive it. Haven't heard from them yet. I did get charge for this month, so hopefully, refunds should not cause drama at all.

what I'm confused on is are they sending out January bags? in the email it is made to seem select few will get the January bag.

This does not surprise me. Most of you know how I feel about them and I think that these last three months - October, November and December - shouldn't have happened if they stayed shut down the first time and worked on getting the brands to work with them, figure logistics based on their subscription base the first time and put together a team to handle the site. I feel that they focus way too much on their celebrity endorsements rather than the actual products and working with companies directly like Ipsy, Birchbox and Beauty Army. I really do think that they jumped on the beauty box subscription bandwagon without REALLY knowing what they were getting into and that was their downfall the first time and now this second time.

Received this e-mail:

Dear Look Bag Member, We regret to inform you after this month we will be discontinuing the Look Bag. You've all been great to us and we're sorry to disappoint you. We will be processing full refunds for those who paid in advance and also those not receiving January bags in the next week so just hold on tight and keep an eye on your inbox. You'll get a full transaction receipt there. We wish you all the best and happy beauty box endeavors. Sincerely, Team Look Bag

I know that this wasn't one of the most popular subscriptions, but I liked it.  This month I got a really nice set of three scented tea light candles, a travel sized bottle of Frederick Fekkai shampoo, Too Faced lip plumper, nail glitter (meh), a white loreal eye shadow, and and Befine almond face exfoliator.  As with....probably every box I've ever gotten from any subscription service, there were things that I wasn't that excited about (that's you, red nail glitter), but there were also things I was excited to try.  I'm sad that I'll have one less surprise package waiting for me next month. 

I wonder how/why?! And so soon, too. Only after 3 months of relaunching. I liked it as well, they usually put a lot of cool things in the bags but at the same time it's scary how unreliable they seem right now.

Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder how/why?! And so soon, too. Only after 3 months of relaunching. I liked it as well, they usually put a lot of cool things in the bags but at the same time it's scary how unreliable they seem right now.
agreed... I usually liked most of the items, but the shipping issues drove me crazy!

give them another month to train a new customer service person and they'll reopen saying that they've fixed all of their issues...... ya right! lol

I sincerely HOPE they never come back or try this again.. IF they sent out small items from the Dermstore. which they are supposed to be affiliated with, it would have been a nice sub. But their 3rd party suppliers of old and expired products is very bad practice.

Zadi, thank you for alerting everyone by various means.

I'd say for both of you ladies, contact customer service asap, make sure everything is in order and you're not being charged anything that you shouldn't be charged

Looks to me that the Look Bag has discontinued their Facebook page.  I sent an email to Customer Service yesterday, and haven't heard any reply.

Are they sending the bag to anything? i didn't get charged so i'm not but it seemed like they were sending it out to some...

I CANT BELIEVE IT!! THEY CHARGED ME $12.95 TODAY!!

They haven't refunded me for December and January, nw another charge is showing in my card!

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I CANT BELIEVE IT!! THEY CHARGED ME $12.95 TODAY!!

They haven't refunded me for December and January, nw another charge is showing in my card!

Three words:  Credit card chargeback.  If they aren't responding, it's probably going to be your only option.  You have four months from the date of the charge to dispute it, and then (maybe depending on their credit card processing vendor, but I think it might actually be the law) they have something like two weeks to respond.  If they don't even respond, the CC company will almost definitely find in your favor and refund the money.  

(I had to explain this to one of my company's clients because they weren't responding to the CC complaints filed against them by customers, and then it turned out that the dispute stuff was being sent to the wrong address, but since they didn't receive the stuff until after the deadline, they were SOL even though it wasn't exactly their fault for not responding to these particular complaints, and the customers were refunded by the CC company.  The best part is that the problems weren't even caused by the client but by a third party that the customer got confused with the client, but because the client didn't even respond with that information, the customer was refunded.)

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Three words:  Credit card chargeback.  If they aren't responding, it's probably going to be your only option.  You have four months from the date of the charge to dispute it, and then (maybe depending on their credit card processing vendor, but I think it might actually be the law) they have something like two weeks to respond.  If they don't even respond, the CC company will almost definitely find in your favor and refund the money.  

(I had to explain this to one of my company's clients because they weren't responding to the CC complaints filed against them by customers, and then it turned out that the dispute stuff was being sent to the wrong address, but since they didn't receive the stuff until after the deadline, they were SOL even though it wasn't exactly their fault for not responding to these particular complaints, and the customers were refunded by the CC company.  The best part is that the problems weren't even caused by the client but by a third party that the customer got confused with the client, but because the client didn't even respond with that information, the customer was refunded.)

Thank you for the assurance! I am going out of the country again tonight and will be back in two weeks but traveling will kill my time in the next three months, I can't deal with all these refund drama.

Will reference to this info when I get back! Yay!

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

^^^ This is probably going to be your best bet, since I highly doubt they'll respond to you, now that they've gotten rid of their internet presence almost entirely (not to mention their terrible customer service when they were actually running).

Ugh, this is terrible. I'm so glad I decided not to subscribe back when they were running that special.

Latest posts

Back