Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dollysantana

Birchbox February 2013

Recommended Posts

I just received my Feb box (I think it was 22?) and the Lancome mascara has a smell to it. This is the same mascara that was in the Sephora ItKits a few months back and one of the Lancome mascaras I received back then had this same smell so I didn't put on my trade thread. The other didn't have a smell to it at all. (I had a mascara that had the same smell when I was in high school, I kept it for the longest time because it had pretty Avon packaging.) But now I don't even want to use it, it smells like it's gone bad and that sucks for me because in the same box, the Skin&Co. body gel spilled. Has anyone else who received the mascara gotten one like mine? Is it supposed to smell bad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by mirandamanda View Post

 

I just received my Feb box (I think it was 22?) and the Lancome mascara has a smell to it. This is the same mascara that was in the Sephora ItKits a few months back and one of the Lancome mascaras I received back then had this same smell so I didn't put on my trade thread. The other didn't have a smell to it at all. (I had a mascara that had the same smell when I was in high school, I kept it for the longest time because it had pretty Avon packaging.) But now I don't even want to use it, it smells like it's gone bad and that sucks for me because in the same box, the Skin&Co. body gel spilled. Has anyone else who received the mascara gotten one like mine? Is it supposed to smell bad?

I got the Hypnose Star in a Sephora It Kit.  It does have a scent to it, but not a bad one, I just thought Lancome scented their mascara.  I'm about to throw it away, though, it clumps and globs and does nothing for my lashes.  I miss my Benefit They're Real frown.gif (Nov Ipsy bag)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

 

I got the Hypnose Star in a Sephora It Kit.  It does have a scent to it, but not a bad one, I just thought Lancome scented their mascara.  I'm about to throw it away, though, it clumps and globs and does nothing for my lashes.  I miss my Benefit They're Real frown.gif (Nov Ipsy bag)

 

 

I've thrown away the ones I got from the ItKits but maybe if someone wants to deal with the scent I'll throw my BB one on my thread. It's not an entirely unpleasant smell but its not something I want to put on my eyelashes if it has that strong of a fragrance. It clumped on me too, the one that I did try. What's odd to me is that out of the three samples I've had, only one didn't have that smell. Oh well, on to next months Birchbox! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't know if this has been mentioned (just coming to this thread for the first time and there are just too many pages) but has anything been mentioned about the fact that for box 2 (i believe that's the number) the picture shows the lancome la base pro but the box and card and reviews all have the bi-facil? not a big deal to me, just wondering

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by amidea View Post

 

i don't know if this has been mentioned (just coming to this thread for the first time and there are just too many pages) but has anything been mentioned about the fact that for box 2 (i believe that's the number) the picture shows the lancome la base pro but the box and card and reviews all have the bi-facil? not a big deal to me, just wondering

I got this box and it had the bi-facil in it I think the person taking the pictures messed up. It was also one of the boxes that was very delayed because of the snow storm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I received the Bi-Facil but the picture was La Base. Somebody got the picture wrong, but the review page was correct. So we did review what we actually got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by msbelle View Post

 

Yes, I received the Bi-Facil but the picture was La Base. Somebody got the picture wrong, but the review page was correct. So we did review what we actually got.

Same here...box contents picture showed the La Base, contents list showed the Bi Facil, and I received the Bi Facil....and love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha! Yes, the points made up for the chocolate. =) This more recent box was pretty decent, I was lucky enough to get the one with the Macadamia products and I have to say I loved the mask so much I went out and purchased it.

 

I'm going to give them a few more months but I've been so, so disappointed with them lately.  Hopefully they turn it around!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Posts

    • My personal recommendation would be the beauty products from Spa Ceylon, a Sri Lankan brand that combine Ayurvedic ingredients to form natural beauty products. A favourite would be the Neem & Tea Tree Purifying Mineral Masque as it worked wonders on my sensitive blemished skin.
    • I need to do western blot of RBC globin but i can't find how to extract globin from the cells. I will use anti-AGE antibody. Did somebody do something like that? Thank everybody for answers!               show box  
    • Step #1: Select the best Wella Toner as the above tips. Step #2: Next, mix up the Wella hair toner. Step #3: Now shampoo your hair. Step #4: Time to apply the Wella hair toner onto places that need it the most. Step #5: Now you can leave Wella hair toner to process for about 5 minutes as per your need of to neutralize, brighten or deepen hair. Step #6: wash your hair and applies hair conditioner to rehydrate your colored hair. Don’t shampoo your hair again. It will ruin your entire effort. AND How do you use a Wella toner?
    • My skin is dark in color. Is it possible to undergo skin whitening treatment? Is there any cream or lotion which can be used? I heard about  APT Medical Aesthetics that they provide various treatments, but didn't know more about them. Is there anyone who had heard about them? Please suggest me good treatment for solving my problem.
    • I have the same skin problem! But I put up, started working hard. I went to a maxi casino and won my first million, after which I had an operation, now there are no problems with girls and acne. Believe in yourself the main thing! Just have a peek at these guys!

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×