Pick up anything lately that you really like?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was just looking to use a credit at Sephora the other day (like I ever have any trouble finding things to buy there) and picked up Bare Minerals spot corrector I think its called. Its a little container of powder that conceals and has sulphur and tea tree in it to help try out zits. I think it also has a touch of yellow cast to the powder to counteract redness. I tried a bit at the store and thought it worked really well! It comes with a nice little brush for $18 and I thought PERFECT. Then I saw nearly the exact same thing by ELF brand at Marshalls, has sulphur and tea tree in it as well and was only $5! Well, I didn't get it but if you're curious about it but don't want to shell out $18 check your Marshalls.

Anyhow, you pick anything up lately that you're really digging?

I haven't bought anything big for a few weeks since I went crazy at Christmas. However I did just get a perfume sample in my Birchbox that I am now dying to have the full size of. It's called Skinny Chic from Harvey Prince.

Two things:

1) Almay Smart Shade Mousse

2) Maybelline Volum' Express Mega Plush (best mascara I have EVER used)

I went looking for mascara, and this caught my eye, plus I've had luck with Maybelline mascaras before (but I was looking for something new -- the life of a product junkie!
wink.gif
 )...and as I was wandering towards the checkout, weaving through the rest of the makeup aisles, I saw that Almay finally had a shade that was darker than a medium, so of course, I had to try it out!

I picked up another Tokyo Milk Lip Elixer in the clove cigarette, which is awesome and stirs some crazy beatnik-hippie-punk memories of my happily misguided youth lol..plus the ELF HD powder and a L'Oreal Colour Riche lip gloss in The Queen's Shine from the Fall 2012 Project Runway collection, clearenced at $1.74. I couldn't resist, that's a darn good price!

Benefit Moisture Prep Toning Lotion. Got it for $29 at Ulta and my skin has never felt so soft. Plus I had some free samples I'd gotten from an Origins kiosk in Macy's, which work AMAZING with the Toning Lotion so I just got those too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I picked this up a while back but only now started using it.  A foundation brush from MAC.  Love it!

I haven't bought anything since I spent so much money last Christmas. . 

The Kenra blow dry spray which I got for free a couple months ago is AMAZING!!!! I haven't bought the full size though because I'm on a no buy, but it made my hair so manageable and really decreased the drying time. I love that stuff. Plus, it had an amazing smell.

Boots No 7 Protect & Perfect Lipcare.  I picked it up at Ulta last night on clerance for $2.59, I think.  It's a lip treatment that's more like a lotion for your lips than a lip balm or gloss.  My lips have been super chapped lately and after using it for the last 18ish hours- chapped no more!  Also smooths and mattifies, perfect lipstick base!

bareminerals try, believe, love it kit! I want to see how this goes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also china glaze turned up turquoise! I love this nail polish so much!

Nars Sheer Matte foundation in Stromboli (I'm NC40 at MAC for reference).  I want to use this foundation for special occasions (dinner dates, job interviews, etc)

I plan on getting the MAC Matchmaster foundation too for everyday use.  I have to find winter shade foundations since I lost the little bit of color I do have

1. LUSH massage bar that looks like Dali's clock, forgot the name. It's awesome and my husband loves it too, we will be repurchasing for sure :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
  2. Trees Ritual Bath and Shower Gel - Magnet - GWP at DermStore.com. I loved it, the sandalwood scent is not overpowering and the lather is very thick and creamy and it just feels so good on the skin.

i bought two lip creme stain....and the urban decay eye liner....I like both the items.

When I was buying to make sure I finished the year as a Sephora VIB, I added Origins Super Spot Remover Acne Treatment Gel to my online order just to qualify for free shipping. Seriously the best acne product I've tried, hands down. I also got the TokiDoki Ciao Ciao perfume on clearance and I adore it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I was buying to make sure I finished the year as a Sephora VIB, I added Origins Super Spot Remover Acne Treatment Gel to my online order just to qualify for free shipping. Seriously the best acne product I've tried, hands down. I also got the TokiDoki Ciao Ciao perfume on clearance and I adore it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The Tokidoki perfumer rollerballs were such a score! I ended up snagging three of them, liked them soo much, I had to reorder a few to distribute as Christmas gifts lol.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I picked up another Tokyo Milk Lip Elixer in the clove cigarette, which is awesome and stirs some crazy beatnik-hippie-punk memories of my happily misguided youth lol..plus the ELF HD powder and a L'Oreal Colour Riche lip gloss in The Queen's Shine from the Fall 2012 Project Runway collection, clearenced at $1.74. I couldn't resist, that's a darn good price!
I just got my first TokyoMilk lip elixir in Smoked Salt this week.  Different scent but I'm liking it.

I just got my first TokyoMilk lip elixir in Smoked Salt this week.  Different scent but I'm liking it.
Yes!They are wonderful.. they're interesting and unique. I'm definitely a fan.

Back