Birchbox Points: What did or will you buy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey
Reaction score
This is for anyone who has been a BB subscriber. What have you purchased with your BB points? Saving your points for something juicy? Tell us what you are wishing for.

My last points purchase was Shea Terra Organics Whipped Shea Butter Ultimate Moisturizing Body Creme in White Chocolate. Love it!

I was browsing through the site this morning and saw a few more things I might wanna save my points for:

theBalm cosmetics Balm Jovi Rockstar Face Palette

Shea Terra Organics Rose Facial Set

theBalm® cosmetics NUDE 'tude™ Nude Eyeshadow Palette

Yes, I am a terrible sucker for Shea Terra as well as cute palettes lol

Clarisonic Mia Sonic.  Going to try and wait till my 9 month promo code and all my points to go towards it... should only be about $30 then
icon_cheesygrin.gif

theBalm® cosmetics NUDE 'tude™ Nude Eyeshadow Palette
I SOOOO want this myself but it keeps being out of stock drives me nuts...lol might have to give and just order it full price from thebalm.com also waiting for it on hautelook so what ever happends first

I keep falling 10 points short of the next $10 (I'll have 290 after this month). So I'm saving for now. I've bought a lot of skin, body & makeup stuff with Christmas money though so I think I'll look into hair care products with my BB points. But we'll see. Hoping to have a good amount by my 6 month to use the anniversary code too!

Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I keep falling 10 points short of the next $10 (I'll have 290 after this month). So I'm saving for now. I've bought a lot of skin, body & makeup stuff with Christmas money though so I think I'll look into hair care products with my BB points. But we'll see. Hoping to have a good amount by my 6 month to use the anniversary code too!
I'm 5 points short! such an awkward number that i'll never be able to smoothly work out!

The nude tude palette is an AMAZING palette I love it! And it kinda makes me feel better about not having naked or naked 2 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> since it fulfills my neutral needs and more <3 I'm saying get it ladies, you won't regret it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm a point hoarder:  After this month's reviews are done, I will have 985 points on my main account.  And I'm just not seeing anything in the shop I really want, so the balance will just keep going up up up, although my annual subscription *will* be up in a month or two, so maybe I'll try to use the points for that since they used to allow that.  I had points on other accounts that I used for some shopping sprees:  The stila lip gloss and smudgestick holiday sets, nail polish, hair pins, and a few other things I can't recall.  I still haven't used any of the gloss, but I *love* the eyeliners!  I'm tempted to buy another pack so I have duplicates in my makeup bag, but I *will* stay strong!  One set is plenty, especially considering the UD liners and shadow pencils and tarte shadow sticks I have.  I'm thinking about some of the other smudgesticks in colors that weren't in the set, like dark blue or peacock, though. I don't have any dark blue liners, so I'm not duplicating anything.  I'm just expanding my color options.  

And I *was* going to splurge on another bottle of Nuxe multipurpose oil because it worked wonders for me last winter -- but then I received a $100 Chella moisturizer in a sneakpeeq box that made my skin FREAK THE HELL OUT, which caused me to Google "allergic eczema" on Christmas Eve since it had been going on all weekend, and then I discovered my HG moisturizer when I was desperately searching for *something* to treat the nastiness:  Cetaphil.  Walgreen's version of Cetaphil, to be exact.  Less than eight bucks for sixteen ounces.  No need for that Nuxe oil.  

If Birchbox started carrying Tokyomilk, though, I would run through those points *very* quickly.  Tainted Love is the only alcohol-based fragrance I've been able to deal with in a few years, and I might be able to handle other scents from them if I could tear myself away from TL long enough to try something else from the line.  Or, hey, I'll settle for TL hand cream.  Oh, and Carnival Wax.  I really, *really* want 1971, but I'm having a hard time justifying $90 for one rollerball when I flit from one perfume oil to another to another to another.  It will take me probably at least ten years to use that sucker up.  But if I could use points for it, I would snatch it up in an instant.

I'm thinking I'm going to use the points I've been saving, only 400 ish to get the Oscar de la renta Live in Love perfume. I've been with BB 9 months now and got the 9mnth coupon code for 20% so I don't think I can hold out any longer.

I just bought theBalm Balm Jovi Palette when BB was offering it for $24.5 along with Shea Terra African Black soap and only paid $3 out of pocket. I also already have over 100 points again. Not really sure what I want to save for. Maybe a clarisonic.

I got my husband some Beard Lube for Christmas and then got myself the Mary Lou and the Juicy Couture rollerball. Now I can't decide between saving up for a Clarisonic (which has been recommended to me several times for helping my KP) or picking up the Stainiac and the BodyBuilder mascara (can you tell I really like theBalm?) because makeup is fun and I like fun. I love the point system so much. Everyday I go look at what's in the shop and I've changed my mind about 1000 times on what I'm going to get next. 

I have used my points on Benefit's Porefessional, the Borghese Spa Divine gift set, and the Harvey Prince Scents of Purpose gift set.  I love all of these purchases.  The awesome point system makes it well worth the 2 years I have subscribed (even if I have had plenty of dud boxes) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've used points to get beauty blenders and right now im trying so hard not to spend my points, I want to wait and see if i can last a year but everyday I go on their site and change my mind about what I want. I might go for some shea terra

I want the fine one one from benefit or the Shea terra body butter or for some pore professional. right now I'm at 105 points. still have a long ways to go

I just used up my 900 points on the 3.4 fl oz Viva La Juicy...my favorite!! 50 of my points expired though =/ very sad.

I bought the smaller size Trefle Pur from Atelier Cologne.  Love that scent!   I used points completely for that (and had a 20 or 25% off code, so that was great).  I've used codes and a combo of points/money to buy the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant (which has become my HG exfoliator), some of the teas, the Zoya nail polish remover (also has become HG product), and something else, but I can't remember what just at the moment.  Oh, a Pangea cleanser.  It's OK.  I like it but probably won't re-purchase.  The smell is just not quite right...

I got the Juicy La Fleur 2.5 oz. and a pack of the Chauo Potato Chip pods. I haven't tried them yet but looking forward to it. For the future, I want to get the Wei Golden Root Mud Mask and the Amika Hair Mask.

Mary Lou-Manizer.  Now that I've depleted my points, I might join the "save up your BB points thread."

Latest posts

Back