Complex 15 Face vs Body

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm a guy, I have no idea if this is the right section, and I honestly don't know if this is the right site for this. Skin Care Talk sounds close enough, so here goes.

I've been using Complex 15 for a while now and like it a lot. My question pertains to the differences between the face and body formulas. Both creams look and feel identical in the hands and on the skin, so I was curious as to what was actually different in the ingredients list.

After breaking everything down, here's what we're left with. I'm listing what each lotion has that the other doesn't.

Face:

PEG-40 Stearate

Disodium EDTA

Body:

Tetrasodium EDTA

That's it. Big difference, huh? Both of the EDTAs are just preservatives / stabilizers, so the premium for the face lotion basically is for the PEG-40 Stearate.

With a Google search, I found that PEG-40 Stearate helps water mix with oil and dirt, so it can presumably be washed off.

Now for the questions. Does this ingredient really matter for a lotion that's going to be staying on my face all day? Wouldn't it be more useful if this were a face cleaner that goes on and immediately get washed off? Also, how effective do you guys think this ingredient even is in the first place? Is it alone worth the premium?

Prices obviously range from time to time, but they generally average to about the same ballpark over time. Right now the Body is going for $1.04 an ounce and the Face is $2.46 an ounce. Obviously this is a gigantic difference, and I just want to know if the PEG-40 Stearate is at all worth it, or if I should just pocket the money and put the body lotion on my face too. I plan on using this stuff for the foreseeable, so that's quite a bit of money over years and years.

Thanks.

Yes, you can put body lotion on your face, but ONLY if it's sensitive enough for your face so test first, and also if it absorbs into your skin and mosturizes it, its probably good but if it just stays on top of your skin for the whole day you better wash your face every day cuz you know what dude dirt and germs and icky stuff will get stuck on the lotion and its gonna be on your skin for the whole day. And also, if the lotion has paraben then its probably not good for your skin. Hope this helped :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by lakiesha12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, you can put body lotion on your face, but ONLY if it's sensitive enough for your face so test first, and also if it absorbs into your skin and mosturizes it, its probably good but if it just stays on top of your skin for the whole day you better wash your face every day cuz you know what dude dirt and germs and icky stuff will get stuck on the lotion and its gonna be on your skin for the whole day. And also, if the lotion has paraben then its probably not good for your skin. Hope this helped
smile.gif
As said, it's pretty much the exact same formula, save the different preservative and the PEG-40 stuff. It will absorb fine I'm sure.

I just need to know if PEG-40 is even necessary, especially considering I wash my face every day. There also may be a reason why they use different EDTAs to preserve the lotions. Something tells me it has to do with the addition of PEG-40 needing the different preservative, but maybe Tetrasodium EDTA just isn't as good for the face or something.

I just don't know these kinds of things, and I'm hoping a guru knows about these 3 ingredients specifically. I did some Googling, as noted, but an inside, experienced opinion never hurts.

This PEG 40 sounds harmful, i heard it was castor oil. Castor oil is good, but before its harvested it has toxics, so you should do alot of research on that specific chemical because it migt harm skin. Tetrasodium ETDA is just a fancy name for a more "healthier" chemical that are in products in substitute for paraben, but in my opinion i think they are both chemicals to avoid. I think you should switch mosturizers, it might help. Some brands i that might be better are Neutrogenia, Aveeno, or La Roche Posay, if they arent too feminin... Aveeno is a brand that also sells baby products, and their mosturizers are very mosturising! Neutrogina is a popular brand for acne care, but they have mosturizers too. I havent tried out Neutrogina though. Now, La Roche Posay Effaclair H mosturizer is the mosturizer im currently using, and i think its so good, and it doesnt have any parabens in it. Its pricey though. All of these brands sell in drugstores so you can get them easily but i just think these are amazing branda for facial care. Vichy has the most amazing facial cleansers, but pricey. Go to loal drugastore and see what suits you best :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

It looks like the only reason to use different EDTAs is based on the PH of the product, so there really is no fundamental difference as to whether one should be used on the body or face.

This stuff always goes on immediately after washing my face, so I don't see PEG-40 Stearate as necessary. Even if I put it on at other times, while it might be helpful at some small level, necessary isn't a word I would use to describe it.

I'm not going to pay a 150% premium for it over the body lotion, so I guess I won't be ordering anymore of the face lotion once I use up the two tubes I currently have.

Thanks for the replies lakiesha12.

Latest posts

Back