Urban Decay Oz the Great & Powerful Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just in time to break my no-buy, Urban decay is releasing two gorgeous Oz palettes late January!  Priced at $49, these palettes come with a lip and eye pencil.  What do you think?  Image from A Model Recommends.

!I love the idea of them, but I'm not sure if I really need one... BUT I know I'm getting an Ulta gift card for my birthday on Sunday plus I have a friends and family 20% off postcard that starts on the 27th SO it is going to be really hard to resist!

They both look pretty, I'm obsessed with urban decay shadows so chances of me buying one is high. I just don't know which one I like better yet.

Yeah I expected one of the pallets to have crazy vivid colors and the other one to just have pretty girly colors. I love urban decay but I think I may pass on this one...not what I expected.

I need to see swatches!  Some photos of the palettes look unremarkable, but others look super interesting and unlike anything I have.  The Glinda palette looks like a better original Feminine palette... springy and light.  

I adore Urban Decay palettes. I have read a press releases on these from various beauty bloggers. Even though the colors are not as wild or interesting as I might like I am definitely going to get a close look at these and sad to say, I will probably be sucked in to purchasing both due to packaging and the fact that I love, love, love limited edition palettes for some reason. They know my weaknesses :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

$49 EACH?!?!?!? yeah, as much as I want them soooooooooo badly. my wallet can't handle that right now.

Boy.. this kind of sucks. I wish they would have made an "Oz" palette similar to that of their Alice In Wonderland palette they put out a few years ago with an Emerald city pop up ect. and tons of rainbow "Oz inspired" eyeshadow colors. That would have been awesome and so much fun. Instead they give people this? it's alright, but I expect more presentation and imagination from a hip funky brand like Urban Decay.

Originally Posted by aquaeyes77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Boy.. this kind of sucks. I wish they would have made an "Oz" palette similar to that of their Alice In Wonderland palette they put out a few years ago with an Emerald city pop up ect. and tons of rainbow "Oz inspired" eyeshadow colors. That would have been awesome and so much fun. Instead they give people this? it's alright, but I expect more presentation and imaginatiion from a hip funky brand like Urban Decay.
YES! that's EXACTLY was I was expecting from an Oz palette...not these soft pastel bawring colors

i really like it.. considering that we get a REUSABLE beautiful PALETTE, POP OUT EYE SHADOWS (which you can switch it around if you have Urban Decay's newer eyeshadow packaging), an eyeliner, and a lip pencil.. the value is way beyond amazing! count me in to get both of these limited edition sets!!

This didn't pop to me at all. Where is the red ruby slippers and the bright colors from munchkinland? As someone who owns the Alice palette, this really lacks to me.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This didn't pop to me at all. Where is the red ruby slippers and the bright colors from munchkinland? As someone who owns the Alice palette, this really lacks to me.
That's how I feel too. It's a great value and all, but if the colors aren't too appealing, there's no point in spending money on something that you probably won't use. I wish UD would have released bright colors for this collection.

Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's how I feel too. It's a great value and all, but if the colors aren't too appealing, there's no point in spending money on something that you probably won't use. I wish UD would have released bright colors for this collection.
Agreed, maybe a palette w bright colors and one w softer ones

LOL hub saw it and said "Maybe they use that one (the one on the left) on the scarecrow" 
laughing.gif

i wish that there were more fun shades too buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I'm pretty sure that some of us are still going to get it even if they aren't too excited for it.. lols 
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back