Birchbox Points Savers Support Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hola Ladies!

If you're anything like me, you can't wait to get up to 100 points to buy yourself a little something fun from the BB shop every few months. This time, I would like to try to save all my points from now until December, then have myself a little BB points splurge for Xmas! 

Will I have the willpower to see all those delicious juicy points staring back at me, and not spend them? That's what this thread is for! I'd love to hear about how many points you've been able to save up at one time, or about your plans to save X amount before spending, and what you have your eye on in the shop!

I have no idea what I would buy with the points I want to save, but I'm sure I'll find something :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I Currently have 99 pts on one account, and 28 on the other. 

Yay! I have 155,  i want to get to 300 and then we will see if I can keep on going.

I've saved before, but I haven't been able to lately. I only have 30 points right now. I want to save up again for a bigger ticket item. Maybe a perfume or a Clarisonic. 

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Holy Mackerel! Good saving!
I actually have 597 now because I had a few things left to review for this box, haha. I can't decide what to get!!

At this point in my BB experience, I'm past the discount codes unless they have a special sale. Plus, I lost my part time job so we've got to low-buy for a while....so it's the perfect time to save up since I won't have the codes tempting me, on my original account at least LOL...I think I'm at 7 months on my second account. 

One of my accounts (I have three, for shame) has 1000 points and I can use the 20% off 9 month anniversary coupon until the 23rd. I am having the hardest time figuring out what to get. None of the points I have now will expire any time soon, so there's no real rush, but I definitely want to combine points with a discount when I do use them.

I've racked up over 3500 points on that account alone, by only purchasing from the Birchbox shop when they add bonus points to your order. I wish I had saved all of those points, but I spent $250 of them in the last couple of months on products I really loved.

Originally Posted by supermary /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One of my accounts (I have three, for shame) has 1000 points and I can use the 20% off 9 month anniversary coupon until the 23rd. I am having the hardest time figuring out what to get. None of the points I have now will expire any time soon, so there's no real rush, but I definitely want to combine points with a discount when I do use them.

I've racked up over 3500 points on that account alone, by only purchasing from the Birchbox shop when they add bonus points to your order. I wish I had saved all of those points, but I spent $250 of them in the last couple of months on products I really loved.
Wow...that's a lot of points! I currently have a measly 32 points in my first sub (bought the Miss Jessies when there B1G1, and just bought the Balm Jovi). This is the first month on my 2nd sub so that has 50 points. I have a ways to go! I love the idea of saving until December and then Merry Christmas to me! We'll see how long I can hold out!

I have two accounts and am trying to save til December or November for one..April for the other account. That's my bday month and of course, I'd want to spoil myself a little. I'm at 100 points on one account and less than that on another. I've never made it past 400 points before cashing in lol.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have two accounts and am trying to save til December or November for one..April for the other account. That's my bday month and of course, I'd want to spoil myself a little. I'm at 100 points on one account and less than that on another. I've never made it past 400 points before cashing in lol.
Oooh, that's a great idea. My birthday is in October, so I could save in one account for a nice birthday gift to me! 

Oooh, that's a great idea. My birthday is in October, so I could save in one account for a nice birthday gift to me! 
I think that can be a major incentive, especially for us multiple account holders. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Plus, I have Sephora to shop at lol.

I had been saving my points in my main account last year for a Thanksgiving Day splurge, but then they didn't really have anything I was particularly interested in, so I ended up ordering nothing, and now I will have 985 points on that account once I do feedback, and I'm *still* not really digging anything enough to burn up my points.  I wish I was this picky about spending my actual money.  I did get quite a few things with secondary accounts last month, though.  I find it easier to spend points when I have $50-ish worth of points.  Once I start going above that, I find myself thinking, "If I hold off another two months, I can get *even more*!" and then another couple of months go by with no order, and then I get even *more* obsessed with not spending my points, and then I'm at almost a thousand points and sighing in disinterest at the shop.  I seem to recall that there's a term for this when it comes to either paying off debt or saving money:  The snowball effect.  You start with something small, but then the bigger it gets, the easier it is to make it even bigger.

ETA:  I am actually trying once again to make a big splurge order this weekend because Monday is my birthday (the only way I get birthday presents is if I buy them for myself), and I'm *still* having problems finding pretty shiny things to order. #pickypickyprincess

I have 145 right now! I wish I upgraded to the annual when they were doing that bonus 110 on top of the 110..but I didn't. Boo.

I might email BB about referral points - I *think* one of my sister's friends signed up using my link but I am a little embarrassed to ask her if she did or didn't. 

Not having a point total ending in a 0 is driving me nuts! I have a 3month20 code right now but I don't really need/want anything...except for 5 points 
sadyes.gif

ETA: I'm saving up to buy a Mia or to have as $ for make up once grad school kicks in and real money kicks out..

Oooh man, hopefully this will help me save! I've already been thinking about what I can buy, then I get that Amika shampoo this month and it smells Uh-mazing. I currently have 520 points on my first account, and 322 on my second. (that one I bought the Dr Jart with a few months ago, once I hit 300 haha.) I really love the idea of saving, my bday is in September, so if I can hold out that long, it would be awesome!

Latest posts

Back