Lip Exfoliator

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello ladies!  So i'm currently obsessing over lipsticks but I have a problem.  My lips tend to get dry and peel often which can make my lipstick look terrible.  Im looking for a really good exfoliator and figured if anyone would know, it would be you all.  I already have the Befine but its not soo great in my opinion.  Would like something more of a thick moisturizer with alot more scrub to it. If any of you know where I can find this pleeeease let me know.

Thanks Ladies!!!
arco.gif

What is your opinion on this one?

I use Fresh sugar lip polish.  It's very scrub-by, and it leaves my lips feeling soft and moisturized.  Sephora.com is offering it as one of the samples with a $25 purchase with code 2013 right now if you want to try it.  Also, it's not very expensive if you just want to buy the full size.  It lasts forever since you don't need very much on your lips. 

Not familiar with the bliss one, but love fresh's exfoliator. Recently purchased an elf one,which I haven't tried yet. It was sort of a mistake, but it got high reviews, so maybe it's good.

Do you know if Ulta has Fresh sugar lip polish?  I'm trying the search the site for it but i'm getting this message:

not_offered.jpg

You can also look up recipes to make your own. Who knows you might have some of the ingredients laying around your housr. And you can put your own spin to it.

My favorite lip exfoliator is my own.  I just take a teaspoon of sugar and add a few drops of olive oil or liquid coconut oil until it makes a runny paste and use that.  It's far cheaper than those that you can buy and I like it better.  I've started using just coconut oil as a lip balm too and I love it.

Ooh I might try some of the recipes to make a homemade scrub! I've been using two from LUSH that I really enjoy (Bubble Gum and Popcorn) - both taste great, work well, and are fun to use.

I use baking soda. I mix it with water and use very little of each. It works great, but I don't suggest using it too often. Just make sure you keep moisturizing in between uses. 

I use a drop of Extra Virgin olive oil and a pinch of sugar or brown sugar. I rub it in gently on both top and bottom then use a little warm water to rinse it off. I then add my EOS on top and my lips feel so soft.

I recently made my own and I really like it. I used brown sugar, coconut oil, honey, and a bit of vanilla extract (for the scent mainly). It does help smooth my lips out and mine is completely edible too ^_~ If anyone wants the recipe I would be happy to share!

i make my own lipscrub a different few ways,

vaseline and sugar mixed together with a drop of honey

an unscented or scented lip balm and sugar with a drop of honey
icon_lol.gif

Back