I HATE MY HAIR!!!!!! How do I fix it???!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay so, my hair is extremely thick/frizzy/wavy/curly. It's like I got the worst from it all, with none of the good. I've tried several expensive shampoos/conditioners for hydrating my hair but none of it works very well, and I'm constantly having to brush out, "rats nests," because my a**h*** husband thinks it's funny to tangle my hair up! Is there anything I can do to it? I've tried having it layered but it never comes out nice, I was thinking about the keratin treatment but I'm not sure if that will work for my hair type. I've already gone to salons for deep-conditioning treatments but it never lasts more than a day or two. Can anyone give me some advice on this? Thank you.

I know a lot of our members love Miss Jessie's stuff. They give out free samples too so you can try it before you buy.

I dont have very thick hair but not thin either. I used to have super frizzy wavy hair cause I straightened it everyday from 7th grade to 11th. After my straightener broke I decided to stop and treat my hair. I started using the macadamia hair mask and it did wonders for my hair, after a few times of using it my hair wasnt frizzy and I am now able to go out without straightening my hair.. Also have you tried thinning out your hair so it isnt so thick?

oh my goodness. you and I are hair sisters....and my boyfriend likes to tangle my hair too -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll tell you whats been fixing it lately. I use tressemee split remedy shampoo and conditioner, then, I let it dry in a towel while I do my eye makeup, then I brush it(use a wide toothed comb, not a brush, I like to use a cheap conair one I got at rite-aid, its just black) I spray my hair with 1 of 2 products(depending on my fancy that day) Alterna Kendi dry oil mist(non-drugstore) OR fX formula 10 Miracle Leave-in Mist(drugstore). brush again. and then I use Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Blow Dry Perfector straightening balm. comb it once again so that it gets "evenly dispersed" then I use about 4 drops Josie Maran argan oil--DO NOT PUT IT ON YOUR ROOTS, it should only go from your ear down to the end. then comb again. then blow-dry your hair using the diffuser till its mostly dry(don't comb or anything while blowdrying your hair) then once its mostly dry you can comb it again, then put it in a hair clip(you know the big ones with 4 prongs on each side, they were popular in the 90s?) then do the rest of your makeup. when youre ready to leave the house, take it down and your hair will be smooth and have a pretty wave and curl to it. I get sooo many compliments on my hair from random strangers too!!

I have the same problem too. My hair is really thick, a bit frizzy, and wavy. I can never seem to get my hair to look good when its naturally wavy. It frizzes REALLY bad and just looks like I have never brushed my hair a day in my life! I picked up Not Your Mother's Curl Defining and that seems to work a lot better for me when I want to go natural. The frizz is gone and my waves are much more pronounced. It smells good too! 

I haven't tried Miss Jessie's yet. They have a sampling program going on right now & I just ordered 2 samples last night - so you might want to check that out too!

I'm not sure about a Keratin treatment, I've thought about it but the prices scares me away. Recently I've found a great combo for my hair. I decided to try Aussie's Miraculously Smooth shampoo & conditioner. I was VERY surprised at how well this worked on my hair! My hair has never felt so smooth, soft, and managable! I don't straighten my hair that often, but I bet it would be a breeze since I've used this stuff. 

For curly or wavy hair, it's best to not brush, but comb through it. I use a wide tooth comb or just finger comb through after washing and have given up traditional cleansing methods. I condition my hair, shampooing every week or so with a clarifying shampoo. That's helped with oil and some of the frizz. I have used Miss Jessie's products and do like them a lot. But I still mix a little hair gel in to get hold. I like to take my wet, clean hair and put leave in conditioner, then serum or oil. Currently, that's consisted of Macadamia oil and FX Formula 10. Then, whatever styling cream mixed with gel; using Miss Jessie's Curly Buttercreme and a Garnier gel at the moment. Mist a little hairspray all over, clip it out of my face and do my makeup, then blow dry with a diffuser. I've used prestige and drugstore products, but that method seems to work best for me regardless of brands. I've got defined curls, hold, and little to no frizz. Depending on the hairspray and gel, my hair is initially a bit crunchy. I usually scrunch it to break that up or just use flexible hold hairspray.

​
I would 100% recommend a keratin treatment. They are amazing! No matter what hair type you have, it will smooth and soften the hair. I've had a keratin treatment and I loved it sooooo much. It is extremely important that if you choose to get one done, it must be formaldehyde free.​
Also, I suggest using sulfate-free products. It has made a world of a difference for me. I have super damaged hair from bleaching & dying tons of times, and this is the only thing that has worked for me. ​
I use:​
-SudzzFx Cashmere Shampoo ($20)​
-MoroccanOIl Moisture Repair Conditioner ($20)​
 ​
Once a week or so, I use this product and leave it in for about half an hour with a shower cap and blow dryer:​
-Hayashi System 911 Emergency Pak Reconstructor for Damaged Hair ($15-40)​
 ​
When choosing styling products, go for items that contain Argan Oil/Moroccan Oil or Keratin. I use all these products when wet:​
-One 'N Only Argan Oil Spray Treatment ($12)​
-GK Global Keratin Serum ($25)​
-Ojon Damage Reverse Instant Restorative Hair Serum ($25)​
 ​
Some cheaper options:​
- Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Moroccan Oil Treatment  ($5)​
-Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Heat Defense Leave-in Conditioner ($3)​
-Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Smooth & Shine Serum ($3)​
-Organix Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Oil ($7)​
 ​
Organix carries a bunch of Keratin and Moroccan/Argan Oil Products too. 
smile.gif
 ​

I'm not saying that keratin or other products don't work, but I'd definitely caution you to read ingredient labels before buying a product. Often times, the wonder ingredient is towards the bottom, meaning there's very little of it. A lot of these products contain cones and other things that'll just coat your hair, giving it the appearance of being nicer and better. Especially with argan oil; I've tried several different products with it and they've usually performed no better than other products I've used before. Not to mention, there was hardly any argan oil in the actual product...

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not saying that keratin or other products don't work, but I'd definitely caution you to read ingredient labels before buying a product. Often times, the wonder ingredient is towards the bottom, meaning there's very little of it. A lot of these products contain cones and other things that'll just coat your hair, giving it the appearance of being nicer and better. Especially with argan oil; I've tried several different products with it and they've usually performed no better than other products I've used before. Not to mention, there was hardly any argan oil in the actual product...
Yeah, I definitely agree. Argan oil products, for example, I choose because they have argan oil, and then if they work, I keep them.

Also, not all cones are bad- there are ones that don't create build up. I do straighten my hair, and cones are pretty much necessary in coating the hair for heat protection.

Latest posts

Back