Let me re-introduce myself. *TG*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have introduced myself once before, and kind of feel like I should again, because I want to be true to myself here and to you all. I don't post much, however, last time I made an introduction, I never specified, I am transgender. s:....

Personally, about me, I am a pretty....nerdy TG person. Yes, I like anime, and yes I like games, however, I like the feminine aspects of life just as much, if not, more. I like bringing both world together in the form of cosplay and crossplay. For a while, I been on these forums mainly as a lurker from time to time, but I was, and still am, kind of a newb to makeup. I have and had cheap little things I would pick up at Walmart or a local Dollar store, but as of late, I have been looking to improve myself. As it stands, I am getting there..... by no means am I great at it, but I am trying to learn, and will continue until I am great at it. I have been on another forum giving them updates on my progress of makeup use and such picture by picture, and they have informed me I am definitely getting better. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />....

Anywho, I never made friends with anyone here previously, but I apologize for the lead-on in the beginning. :c..... A lot of you here are too kind, and I really would love to be a part of this community.... well, a bit more involved than a lurker that knows little to nothing. I don't want to just "know" makeup, I want to be all I can be with it. It might take weeks, months, years..... but I want to, and I hope to!

With the formal introduction out of the way, I will give a bit more about me:

- Name: N/A.... TG, I never really gave myself a feminine name. Online friends call me Yuki for short, but that's it. :/

- Occupation: Server onboard a bus transportation from Boston to New York

- Genre of Entertainment: Mainly comedies and dramas with romance. Dislike action, hate sci-fi, hate sports. :/

- Current Line of makeup I use: Mainly Elf, since it is cheap and I am still practicing.

- Hobbies: Video games (However, this is a near dead hobby), Video editing (On and off), Forum posting (Everyday), and of course, Makeup (Which I am trying to learn gradually)

- Music: Practically anything but Rap. Even world music. Sure, I am an anime fan, so I like JP stuff, but I also like Korean (Koyote for example, favorite group), German (E Nomine), and other well varied singers and groups from Adema, to Rascal Flatts, from Orgy to Carly Rae Jepsen, from Within Temptation to m.o.v.e.

- Personality: I am someone who loves to make people laugh.... I get ALOT of enjoyment keeping people happy and smiling, even at the expense of my own humiliation. Outside of that, I am usually crying..... like, alot. It sucks really. I cry to music, TV shows, even things not even sad. Terrible, I know. >.>.... Don't know how I hide it. I will say though, I am as open-minded as a person can come.

- Foods: Fish, Artichokes (Dear GOD yes.....), Pistachios, Strawberries, and Clementines. Give me these 5 things, and I would be set for life.... of course, that's hard to do monetary-wise. :/

- Family: I have my mother (Knows I am TG), Father, 3 Brothers, and 6 cats. (Yeowch!)

Any other info you all would like to know, or more in detail like shows or games or movies or whatever, feel free to ask away. I don't bite. c:....

Thanks! v_v

Welcome to Makeup Talk...again! I appreciate your honesty.  I am happy to have you here learning with us. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to message me.
smile.gif

Some of our most well-loved sections are:

Subscription & Sampling Programs

Makeup Discussion

Makeup Videos & Tutorials

Nail Talk

General Chit Chat

Hair Care Talk

Thank you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Trying to be more open everywhere with who I am, so no more holding back! Thanks for the links, and I shouldn't need to message you, but I am very happy you offered that! Never been to the sampling area. Might have to go and see what's going on there. s: ... and yes, learning is good. I hope to learn some here from you makeup gurus. c:

Originally Posted by Yukiko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Trying to be more open everywhere with who I am, so no more holding back! Thanks for the links, and I shouldn't need to message you, but I am very happy you offered that! Never been to the sampling area. Might have to go and see what's going on there. s: ... and yes, learning is good. I hope to learn some here from you makeup gurus. c:
The sampling area is a ton of fun, especially if you are on the lookout for new products.

Welcome! I'm an anime fan myself :3

I went for years without ever touching beauty products, but joining a sample subscription program helped me ease my way into learning about makeup slowly and affordably. Don't be afraid to experiment!! Also youtube tutorials have been a big help to me, because I learn by watching.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The sampling area is a ton of fun, especially if you are on the lookout for new products.
Awesome. I kind of am, since I want to get a feel of what would work best with me. I am kind of buying blindly lately. Been hearing people recommending MAC products to me lately, and that the only bad thing is the price, but hey. s:.... Once I get a bit more comfortable with it, maybe I will! Hope the sampling program would help me find something good for the meanwhile. Thanks again!

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Welcome! I'm an anime fan myself :3

I went for years without ever touching beauty products, but joining a sample subscription program helped me ease my way into learning about makeup slowly and affordably. Don't be afraid to experiment!! Also youtube tutorials have been a big help to me, because I learn by watching.

Yay! Anime fan! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So, you got into it through the sampling program? Nice, then I definitely have to check it out and try. c:

Oh, I am not afraid to experiment. xD That phase is waaaaaaaaaaay over. The only "afraid" I have left is comfort shopping IRL for products, but other than that, I am fine. :3....

And yes, I have been following youtube tutorials. So many good ones out there. They definitely helped my current progress. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Yukiko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay! Anime fan! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So, you got into it through the sampling program? Nice, then I definitely have to check it out and try. c:

Oh, I am not afraid to experiment. xD That phase is waaaaaaaaaaay over. The only "afraid" I have left is comfort shopping IRL for products, but other than that, I am fine. :3....

And yes, I have been following youtube tutorials. So many good ones out there. They definitely helped my current progress. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yup! I started off with Birchbox and now I have also signed up for Ipsy. Birchbox is more skin care/general beauty products whereas Ipsy is more makeup. I've enjoyed getting a variety of products I wouldn't normally try. If you look in the Subscription & Sampling Program forums you'll find information about them and other programs too, there are lots of different programs out there now that cater to different demographics and interests!

Too great. c:

Now you have me interested. I will have to check. s:... As a subscription program, is it like, they send you different products every month or something? I mean, as a subscription thing, that is how I would assume, but I could be wrong. s:.... That could be a great way to find things. Do you get to choose shades in the packages for makeup though?.... I mean, obviously, if I get some foundation or something, I would want something my tone, not super dark. x_o

You can check out the threads in subscriptions and see what people are getting each month. Each sub is different. It's almost a sport for some of us here haha

Welcome!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Glad to have you here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> definitely check out the subscription forums! They are fun! and the subscriptions help a lot in building your make up collection, they have helped me for sure! Elf is a great brand! I have a few of their brushes that I love! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So even if it's cheap, you are not using bad make up at all, some products are not so great, but some stuff is awesome :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you Beauty! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, Elf has really nice stuff. I have about 6 or so brushes from them so far. I know I have a contouring brush I use alot. That's the only brush I really know so far. D:.... I have a few others people recommended to me, like the C Eyeshadow one, and an angled brush, and a smudge brush, and like two or three others. s:.... I mainly have face stuff since I don't exactly have an ideal face structure, I need to figure out how to build one. Thinking about moving to learn more lip-wise though soon. I haven't given the lips any attention really. D:

And wow, another subscription recommender? Must be some pretty hot stuff there. c:

Call me Gabi ^^ .I would recommend the studio line(black ones) over the regular ones(white)...The powder brush is amazing and super soft. The studio ones have better quality, whereas I've found the white ones shed A LOT.  Oh yeah subscriptions are amazing, if you find the right one for you :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Okay Gabi! Nice to meet you! ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yep, I have the studio black brushes. I think the only white one I have is the smudge brush. s: To be honest, I don't even think I used the smudge one yet though. They definitely feel better quality than my other little brush set I got though, haha. s:

Yeah, I just skimmed Birchbox and was shocked at all the packages to choose from. This could be very fun. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Nice to meet you too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have the smudge brush and I like it, but it shed a bunch already :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The Sonia Kashuk ones I've heard are good. Also the cheap beauty blender dupes you can find on ebay/drugstores, work as well as a beauty blender, I'd recommend that lots! I do have an original Beauty Blender and after finding out dupes work as well I've been kicking myself -.-' Beauty Army is pretty cool too, cuz YOU get to pick what you get :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

It's funny. I got these brushes recommended to me, and I don't even know their main use. xD.... And really? ):.... Well, the brushes are pretty cheap to buy I guess. Get whatcha pay for? s:

Beauty blender? o.oa Sorry, again, newbbbbbie. ):

I'll check out Beauty Army next. I just finished looking over Ipsy. I seriously might consider one of these after all. Might want to try a random one though. Getting various products without my choosing would be best to explore I think. s:

Thanks! ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ohhh! I see. These little egg shaped sponges. s:.... Wow, yeah, 25 for a double pack. x_x.... but dupes work just as well? I think I really might be needing a new kind of sponge in the end. That might help with making my foundation look less cakey..... maybe. I been using those little ELF sponges applying, and for some reason, it just turns out awful. Maybe that's an idea that I never thought of. Maybe it isn't the product, but the sponge. Hmmm.

And a powder brush huh? s:... I might have to look into this brush. s:

Nope, I dab it like I should be. I know THAT much. xD.... Either the sponges aren't too great, I prep for the foundation bad, or I put too much. One or the other (two). s:

And nice to know. I will perhaps look into some soon then. I am ACTUALLY almost ready for another makeup splurge.... ALMOST. I know I need lipliner. I still need to get my skin matched and get more accurate foundation and concealers and more. Kind of hoping to get that done Wednesday if all goes well. s:

Latest posts

Back