(SPOILERS) Ipsy February 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Too early! Never too early for me. So what do you girls think they will include for the month of love!? I am so excited to see. I hope we get some sort of chocolate again this year as a bonus treat!

I'm a bit undecided if I want to stay with them this month, BUT if they have a Valentine's Day themed makeup bag then I'll be sold.

Originally Posted by Baberanza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What is it about them that has you on the fence?
Absolutely nothing about Ipsy that I'm on the fence about! Mostly just that since I'm on a student budget I only want to keep one subscription sub right now, and I'm trying to decide when would be a non-awkward timing (points wise) to cancel my Birchbox sub for a little bit. I hate making decisions! In the past four months I've had Ipsy though, I've been *more* than happy with each bag.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Absolutely nothing about Ipsy that I'm on the fence about! Mostly just that since I'm on a student budget I only want to keep one subscription sub right now, and I'm trying to decide when would be a non-awkward timing (points wise) to cancel my Birchbox sub for a little bit. I hate making decisions! In the past four months I've had Ipsy though, I've been *more* than happy with each bag.
Ohhh! I'm on a student budget as well so I totalllllly understand you, but I'm currently only subbed to Ipsy so a.) it's a reasonable cost to keep for me and b.) this is all I have to be hyped about lmao. I got my bag just recently and have already tried everything and I'm so happy that I want Feb's bag already. lol. I *really* am dying to see what they have in store for us for valentine's day! I really loved the bag last year too - it was all pink with a black heart print. super cute.

I just signed up for Ipsy last week after seeing how awesome January was. I can't wait to get my first bag! I'm hoping for some heart glitter nail polish or delicious lip gloss :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> When do they usually reveal what's the bag and when do people start receiving their bags?

Originally Posted by MintyBerry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just signed up for Ipsy last week after seeing how awesome January was. I can't wait to get my first bag! I'm hoping for some heart glitter nail polish or delicious lip gloss
biggrin.gif

When do they usually reveal what's the bag and when do people start receiving their bags?
They usually start posting spoilers closer to the 1st of the month, and they generally ship by the 15th.

As for February, I would love to get a tarte lipsurgence or NYX jumbo lip pencil in a pretty color. A pretty cream shadow or shadow pencil. A blush. A highlighter powder. A heat protectant spray or styling cream for the hair. A good eye cream. Shoot, not hard to please, lol. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oooh I totally second the blush want! I feel that'd be perfect for v-day too, if it's a v-day themed back *which I am hoping it is*

Originally Posted by MintyBerry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just signed up for Ipsy last week after seeing how awesome January was. I can't wait to get my first bag! I'm hoping for some heart glitter nail polish or delicious lip gloss
biggrin.gif

When do they usually reveal what's the bag and when do people start receiving their bags?
Like yousoldtheworld said, normally not til around the 1st, but I'm so excited to talk about this bag I started this thread rather early. lol!

Finally the appropriate month for a pink lip product. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

If I had to pick 5 products for this bag it would be:

Pink lipstain

Pink blush

Champagne Cream shadow

Sparkly Body/Hair Product

Sparkley Red Polish

last February was an awful bag, so I have high hopes for this one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally the appropriate month for a pink lip product. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

If I had to pick 5 products for this bag it would be:

Pink lipstain

Pink blush

Champagne Cream shadow

Sparkly Body/Hair Product

Sparkley Red Polish

last February was an awful bag, so I have high hopes for this one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
This sounds pretty good! Instead of sparkly red polish i'd love valentine nail stickers from a good brand - like sally hansen. 

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They usually start posting spoilers closer to the 1st of the month, and they generally ship by the 15th.

As for February, I would love to get a tarte lipsurgence or NYX jumbo lip pencil in a pretty color. A pretty cream shadow or shadow pencil. A blush. A highlighter powder. A heat protectant spray or styling cream for the hair. A good eye cream. Shoot, not hard to please, lol. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Totally agree with that

It sort of makes me nervous that there is now a wait list for Ipsy. I hope that doesn't mean the value and quality of this sub is going to start to go down in order to keep up with the demand.

Hopefully I'm just paranoid!

I hope the February bag is a bunch of pinks and reds!! (and something edible!) Even though red isn't my go to color for anything I was sooo disappointed I got the nude nail polish this month instead of the red since I never do nude nails :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The red would have been perfect on my toenails, I just did an OPI pedicure last night (tried the nude on my nails but HATED it). Oh I would totally second (well third) the Tarte Lipsurgence!! I have a nice coralish one but would LOVE a pink one :) 

I'm hoping for a REALLY BRIGHT FUCHSIA (something along the lines of the bubble mailers they use, but a cream, not a metallic/frost) lip pencil/stain/stick, but *not* a gloss.  I'm thinking something along the color lines of Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Anime, although not necessarily *that* product.  I'll probably end up buying it.  I absolutely love hot pink/neon fuchsia lip color, and the more vibrant the better, but the color needs to be a little bit darker than bubble gum for me.  MAC Girl About Town, Rocker Chick, and Show Orchid are three of my favorites.  I have OCC Yaoi (I would advise you to *not* Google that one at work because the color name comes from something that is, ahem, NSFW), and it's gorgeous, but it's a little bit too light and frosty for me to wear on a regular basis.  And I'm definitely hoping *against* a pink nail polish because I despise pink nail polish.

But!  February is also Mardi Gras time.  Gold, green, and purple ahoy!  But here's something else to consider:  Mardi Gras is on the 12th, and Valentine's Day is the 14th.  In both cases, after the way shipping went this month, I would be more than a little surprised to see a bag of stuff entirely intended for V-Day since pretty much no one received their bags by the 14th this month (I think the first bag photo showed up on Instagram on the 14th), and I can only imagine the uproar if they sent out Valentine's Day-themed/specific stuff that didn't hit mailboxes until the 19th.  A pink lip product would still be okay because pink is supposed to be the general trend in lips for the spring, so the timing on that would be good for this bag:  Great if it arrived in time for V-Day, but if it didn't, it would still be on-trend (and I *hate* that phrase, but I can't think of a better one to use.  

Anyway.  Due to how late stuff arrived this month, I am going to hope for lots of emerald green stuff for St. Patrick's Day being sent out in February so it's in our hands in time for the wearing of the green,  Orange, too (green is actually an Irish Catholic thing, and orange is an Irish Protestant thing), but emerald green seems more appropriate/likely then orange because it's Pantone's color of the year.  Plus only trivia/history freaks are likely to understand the orange thing.

I would love to see:

champagne eyeshadow

a makeup remover pen of some sort

lip scrub! it's chapped lip season.

pink blush (stain, powder, or papers)

Lol, I hope they incorporated some sort of makeup - I tend to think they'd lean more towards valentine themed over mardi gras (atleast with makeup) because a pink blush more likely to please than a blue or green eyeshadow, but that's strictly my personal opinion (and possibly honest lack of knowledge; I don't celebrate mardi gras or participate in any mardi gras events). I feel like we'd all be upset without some sort of makeup in Feb's bag & I am dying for them to include a blush! No, not blush papers again, and actual blush woot woot lol 

*edit, I just reread beautymadn3ss's post and realized emerald is supposed to be an "it" color this year so maybe we will see some of that!

Originally Posted by Baberanza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol, I hope they incorporated some sort of makeup - I tend to think they'd lean more towards valentine themed over mardi gras (atleast with makeup) because a pink blush more likely to please than a blue or green eyeshadow, but that's strictly my personal opinion (and possibly honest lack of knowledge; I don't celebrate mardi gras or participate in any mardi gras events). I feel like we'd all be upset without some sort of makeup in Feb's bag & I am dying for them to include a blush! No, not blush papers again, and actual blush woot woot lol 

*edit, I just reread beautymadn3ss's post and realized emerald is supposed to be an "it" color this year so maybe we will see some of that!
Yes yes! Cuz I NEED another blush! XD (meaning I don't need another one, but I just want another one!)

Latest posts

Back