KeepOnSingin

How much nail polish do you own?

My spreadsheet count is at 577 and that was in November. I keep buying...but I have slacked off a lot (truly I have). I'm more decisive in what I buy now & I hardly ever pay full price for polish. I know once Summer comes I'll probably be in trouble though. I don't dare get a rack cause that would show my addiction to the world...and we wouldn't want that. madno.gif

Originally Posted by glittersmycrack View Post

The racks are pretty easy to make. My girlfriend has made 3 it took her less ten an hour each time...400

These are awesome. Looks like just some wood, paint and nails but they turned out great. claps.gif

Those homemade nail polish racks look great, but I am afraid to hang my polish on the wall because of earthquakes. Maybe if there were a skinny bar across the front, like a seatbelt in principle. There are probably some spice racks that would work well, huh?

Originally Posted by sleepykat View Post

Those homemade nail polish racks look great, but I am afraid to hang my polish on the wall because of earthquakes. Maybe if there were a skinny bar across the front, like a seatbelt in principle. There are probably some spice racks that would work well, huh?

My thought exactly, I want a rack for my nail polish, but I would add something on the front...just in case you know?

I just bought 10 more polishes today... but they were all on sale(so that makes it ok, right?) And I also have like 7 or 8 more on their way from when Orly was on hautelook(should be here tomorrow, I'm SO EXCITED)

Originally Posted by glittersmycrack View Post

Yep that's all they are. My girlfriend got tired of "living with the nail polish" so she built them put them up and put all my nail polish on them lol

Anyone willing to hand craft polish racks for you is a good egg. Now she just needs to start making them, painting them up pretty, and selling them on Etsy!

Originally Posted by sleepykat View Post

That would just be a matter of adding one more small piece of wood onto the front.

I got one of these racks to hold my polish:

(source: the amazon product)

It's not very large and doesn't hold everything I have, but I think it's really cute-looking and classy. I'm going to get another one as soon as I figure out what else I want from amazon and get a few more GC from swagbucks. It only holds ~40-50 polishes (well, probably more for me since I have a lot of Juleps)  and you have to double stack them, but it's very reasonably priced for what it holds. I'm getting another one when I get the chance because I had like ~60 polishes when I got this and now I've over 100 orz. If I'm going to need a third of these, I'll have more problems than needing to pay $15 for another rack haha.

My one complaint about these is that they have no back support... I think these are supposed to be mounted on the wall, but if you just lean it up against something and the move it, allt he polish will fall out. Best to attach it to something sturdy like a dresser or bookshelf if your'e worried about having to fill wall holes.

Also, did anyone else check out workplaypolish.com's mani cave? (LOL I talk about her blog so much it's almost like i'm plugging her. orz i'm just a fan.) When I saw her collection, I was like, "Huh, that doesn't look like that much..." Then I actually did the calculations, and she has about 400 bottles. I think I'm just jaded from looking at polish lining the walls of salons. XD; Though her personal collection is enough to run a salon!

I am sporting a few wall racks like this one that I got from Head 2 Toe Beauty:

Plus I have a bunch that I don't have racks for yet that are stuffed into my big pink plastic chest of drawers.

Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

Also, did anyone else check out workplaypolish.com's mani cave? (LOL I talk about her blog so much it's almost like i'm plugging her. orz i'm just a fan.) When I saw her collection, I was like, "Huh, that doesn't look like that much..." Then I actually did the calculations, and she has about 400 bottles. I think I'm just jaded from looking at polish lining the walls of salons. XD; Though her personal collection is enough to run a salon!

OMG that actually looks so pretty! It works even as decoration O.O maybe I need to make my collection bigger and decorate the house with it O.O jk!

These nail polish shelves are so pretty!  I agree it's decoration. 

I never wore polish until I got into subscription boxes.  I only have 1 bottle of Julep right now and it's about empty.  Should be getting a bottle from Little Black Bag soon but by then I bet I'll be done with my Julep and will be back to 1 bottle.  :P 

i have about 400.. planning to cut back to 200.. so that means that I will give a looot of it away..

I mainly have China Glaze, Butter London, Julep, Milani, some Deborah Lippmann, OPI, Zoya, etc.

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang View Post

i have about 400.. planning to cut back to 200.. so that means that I will give a looot of it away..

I mainly have China Glaze, Butter London, Julep, Milani, some Deborah Lippmann, OPI, Zoya, etc.

Aww you're so nice to give it away XD;; I'd try and sell it.

You know there's a community called polishsale on Livejournal, right? I think you need to have MUA/ebay and take paypal, but you can sell your polish there.

Sooo yesterday morning I had 96 nail polishes. That night I had 106 and tonight I have 113...**sigh** I'm obsessed. Also, China Glaze's Pure Joy(christmas 2012) is EXACTLY Orly's Devil May Care...I now have 2 of the SAME glitter. That's annoying as @!#*

You know there's a community called polishsale on Livejournal, right? I think you need to have MUA/ebay and take paypal, but you can sell your polish there.

thank you for posting this. you are a god, lol.

thanks! i mainly give stuff to my friends/family but i'll check this out! thank you :]

I have just over 700, but I'm gearing up for a big purge.  Ideally, I'd like to cut that number in half... so I can use my Alex for more than polish storage.

How much nail polish do I own...hrm....definitely not enough lol my hubby thinks I'm crazy with my obsession for polishes. He honestly thinks I have so much, but I think I only have between 50-60, if that. I really need to show him what a TRUE nail polish lovers collection looks like! lol :-D

I had around 150+ but I purged and gave my Mom around 40 or so polishes for the granddaughter's. But I can't walk out of anyplace that sells polish unless I buy a few...Sad addiction once more, I need intervention.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie View Post

How much nail polish do I own...hrm....definitely not enough lol my hubby thinks I'm crazy with my obsession for polishes. He honestly thinks I have so much, but I think I only have between 50-60, if that. I really need to show him what a TRUE nail polish lovers collection looks like! lol :-D

bf says the same to me...and I have around the same as you...I'm like there's ppl w 400+! I don't have THAT much XD ( which I wouldn't mind having and don't think is wrong ^^ )

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss View Post

bf says the same to me...and I have around the same as you...I'm like there's ppl w 400+! I don't have THAT much XD ( which I wouldn't mind having and don't think is wrong ^

Absolutely! I'm gonna get there one day ;-) I'll have a little party when I reach 100! lol <3

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss View Post

It works even as decoration O.O maybe I need to make my collection bigger and decorate the house with it O.O jk!

Haha told my hub we could decorate the house with beautiful packaged makeup and polishes so I could justify having more. He didn't go for the decorating part but he doesn't whine about my purchases. He's a good hub.