Beauty Army: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Little sneak peek (once my laptop loads I'll up a sneak peek pic).

Beauty Army's Whip Hand Cosmetics​

Medal of Honor eyeshadow​

That was in my January box!  It was the one that everyone received with a wonky cap.  Are they not doing a new/different one for February?

Oops, wrong one. Special Forces is the one that had problems this month with the cap which is why it's on my mind. I did tell Kristi when I saw her at IMATS about it but had previously told Nancy-Lee so they're aware of it. The caps should be find on the Feb jars.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oops, wrong one. Special Forces is the one that had problems this month with the cap which is why it's on my mind. I did tell Kristi when I saw her at IMATS about it but had previously told Nancy-Lee so they're aware of it. The caps should be fine on the Feb jars.
I sure hope so :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> mine spilled a bit 
icon_cry.gif

I'm kind of disappointed in this color.. I already have NYX in Oro, which I think looks pretty similar.  I'm also not thrilled that 3 out of 4 of the line are variations on brown - Locked and Loaded - brown, Special Forces - sparkly peach/neutral, and Medal of Honor - gold.  Green Beret was the only actual "color"!  I just feel that there were so many other military-inspired colors they could have used, like navy blue, gunmetal grey, cadet blue... "black ops" or "silver star" would have been awesome colors!

Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to play with my beauty profile til it shows up this month... it's a beautiful gold, and it may look very different from Oro when swatched.  I just think they missed an opportunity to show how versatile this line could be.  

I have Oro and Medal of Honor. Let me go wash my hands (having lunch right now) and do some swatches side-by-side.

Medal of Honor is far more warm than Oro. The word pumpkin comes into mind when I look at this color on me because it's very warm. None of my NYX loose shadows comes close to having the same warm pumpkin feel to it (not even Orange Zest). Oro to me has a cooler feel to it.

Over POREfessional primer (which I had handy).​
Jar pics with flash on. Swatches in full daylight, no flash.​

Medal of Honor is far more warm than Oro. The word pumpkin comes into mind when I look at this color on me because it's very warm. None of my NYX loose shadows comes close to having the same warm pumpkin feel to it (not even Orange Zest). Oro to me has a cooler feel to it.

​
Over POREfessional primer (which I had handy).​
Jar pics with flash on. Swatches in full daylight, no flash.​
You're amazing.  Thank you!!! That is such a beautiful, warm gold, and NOW I MUST HAVE IT.  Fall colors are my fave, and just hearing the word "pumpkin" makes me want it!

I do stick by my statement that I wish they had branched out a bit more with the colors, but I'm definitely getting this shade!

(and I hope you enjoyed your lunch!)

I did until a fly landed in my french fries. LOL
Noooooooo!!! I hope you were all like "BAM!" No more fly. 
box.gif

LOL No. I tossed the food with the fly (who landed in the box so it was trapped) out to the trash can outside. I let it live figuring it'll die with a cold snap. LOL

It's gorgeous!!!! I am loving that gold. Oro is good too. I think they lean towards neutral because they are more wearable. Green is fine, but navy blue and cadet blue can be tricky to wear. I'd love a gunmetal gray too but I rarely do smokey. The series do make great day to-go looks.

I am so excited about this sub! I get to pick my new samples on the 4th. I love having a little control over what I get.

Feb will be my 2nd Beauty Army box. Will there be a lot of new items available on the 1st or do the options stay mostly the same from month to month?

Also I was wondering if you have the option to get repeats or do they remove the items you've already gotten from your selections? I could see how removing them would making choosing more convenient but it might also be nice to pick something again if you really like it. I guess it doesn't really matter either way to me... just curious!

Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am so excited about this sub! I get to pick my new samples on the 4th. I love having a little control over what I get.

Feb will be my 2nd Beauty Army box. Will there be a lot of new items available on the 1st or do the options stay mostly the same from month to month?

Also I was wondering if you have the option to get repeats or do they remove the items you've already gotten from your selections? I could see how removing them would making choosing more convenient but it might also be nice to pick something again if you really like it. I guess it doesn't really matter either way to me... just curious!
The samples are constantly being changed.  As far as I can tell, when they get a new supply of something, they split it up and add a certain amount of inventory of that product for at least 30 days.  That way, everyone gets a "fair" chance to get a hot new item.  

They do remove items you've had before, but if there are variations on an item, you can still get a variation if it's available the next month (the best example for this is the Bath&Body Works shower gels.  You can get Paris Amour one month, and Japanese Cherry Blossom the next, but you can't get Paris Amour two months in a row.)  I hope this info is helpful, and be sure to post your selection once you pick!  We all love seeing what everyone else gets! 

I want the olive oil soap, the grand central mask, the Whip hand pigment and idk what else. But those 3 for sure!

Latest posts

Back