Makeup Kit Suggestions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im starting a diploma in makeup course and need to build up my own kit, does anybody have any suggestions in what staples i should have including products brands etc also any tips are welcome xxx
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Yes! First off, some questions: will you be applying the makeup on models or on yourself?

If on models, then pick up LOTS of stuff.

Foundation: Graftobian. Its cream foundation that is so slick that it can be worn either full coverage or be thinned done to a sheer liquid. Love, love, love, love, LOVE this stuff.

Lips: Well, you should get some lipstick and balm before you go into gloss or stain. Here are my faves :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Balm: if you live in the Americas, get Burt's Bee's plain balm. As a back up in case the model/you can't stand beeswax or mint, get Nivea. If you're in Europe, get labello.

Lipstick: As far as brand goes, you'll have to research since every brand depends on the person. My sister can't handle revlon, but I love it. But here are the basic colors everyone needs: Plum, red, nude, that perfect color that looks natural but is better than your actual lips (known as "my lips but better" or "mlbb"), coral, hot pink, and soft pink.

I am SO not an eye makeup chick. Sorry.

Brands to stock up on:

Loreal infallible lipstick

maybelline lip gloss

maybelline colorsensational lipstick

i wll be applying on models :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i must try out that foundation it sounds really good thanks
icon_lol.gif

i have a brand new burts bees plain balm and labello so im sorted there :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

and i will stock up on lipglosses and lipsticks xx

thanks for the advice, very much appreiciated xxx

Back