Lunch/Snack Ideas for Work

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm trying to regularly bring lunch to work instead of buying lunch all the time but I'm having a hard time coming up w/lunch ideas. Looking for somewhat healthy lunches as I'm trying to lose some weight and get healthy. I have a list of the usual salads (my friend recently made a really good spinach salad w/nuts and cheese and raspberry dressing), tuna salad, chicken salad but need help for other ideas.

Any suggestions?

Also looking for snack ideas?

I like yogurt with granola or cottage cheese and fruit. Dehydrated fruit, veggies and hummus, peanut butter. I like pita chips, crackers(whole grain)..

I like turkey sandwiches made with whole wheat bread & 2% cheese and a side of baby carrots and an apple or an orange. Yogurt is a good snack, also peanut butter & apple slices or celery sticks.

Pre shelled pistachios are my new favorite thing! They're so tasty and very good for you. I also bring sandwiches to work. I like to make croissant sandwiches with turkey or ham and Havarti or white cheddar cheese. I usually pack some strawberries, blackberries, or raspberries. I like fruits that don't require too much messiness. I usually bring a couple of chips ahoy cookies as well just to have a little dessert. Homemade potato salad and tuna sandwiches make a great combo too. Really anything that you make at home is going to be way healthier. I think staying healthy is all about moderation. If you want a cookie, eat a cookie! Just don't eat 10 cookies. That's great that you're trying to be healthier. It makes you feel so much better when you eat fresh food.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I've been "brown paper" bagging lunch and snacks all week!! :)

I like yogurt or a handful of almonds as a snack for lunch.. I also discovered Sea Snax which are an awesome low cal snack. Sometimes I will eat a snack bar or half a protein bar. As for lunch, I will either have some brown rice with  Amy's vegan chili, soup with a half sandwich on olive bread, or salad with a couple of pierogis. 

It's expensive to eat healthy in NYC, so when I had to pay $15 for my healthy buffet style lunch I knew I had to bring my own food to work. I try to cook more the day or two before and pack leftovers for lunch. A pice of rotisserie chicken with spinach or romaine lettuce and a bunch of sun dried tomatoes, chicken soup, pasta with meatballs make good lunch. For snacks, fruits, yoghurt and nuts.

Back