Eye Lash Curler?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the super cheap Sephora one (I think it was about $3?) - it doesn't pinch and works well for me.

Right now I'm using Chella's heated lash curler but to be honest I just bought it at IMATS and only begun to use it today.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Right now I'm using Chella's heated lash curler but to be honest I just bought it at IMATS and only begun to use it today.
i've been eyeing it for a while now... tell me if it works please :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have the Tarte one & I love it. It fits my eye shape very well & gets all the lashes, even at both corners of the eye. Plus, they also sell the little curler pad refills to extend the life of the curler. 

Also, any lash curler can be used as a heated curler. Just hold the eye piece of the curler in front of a hair dryer on high for a few seconds. Make sure you test how hot the curler is on your hand/arm before you bring it anywhere near your face and eyes. It's pretty easy to get the hang of to get a nice curl & I think it holds a bit longer. This way you can get two functions -regular & heated- out of one product. 

I have a Tweezerman plastic curler with white silicone pads that I love and have been using for about 3 years now. The sides on it are open ended so it makes it very easy to get all my lashes it. It never pulls any of them out. I heat the pads with my hair dryer and it curls my lashes perfectly. As for heated curlers, I've wasted a fair amount of cash on them. They've never done a damn thing for me. I don't find any of them heat up enough to do anything, and the only ones I've seen are meant to just hold at the base of or stroke along the lashes. Useless every damn one of them. I'm interested in seeing what kind Zazi has, though. Maybe it's quite a bit different from the ones I've bought.

Sounds like the pads are too hard from the lack of cleaning them. Which are probably breaking your lashes at the pinch-point leading edge of your curler. The pads need to be soft like silicone rubber. In order to get that, you have to clean them at least once a week with either a water-proof eye make-up remover or 99%. I clean mine after every use (2-3 times a day with 99%) and my original pads are still very soft after 15 years of use. I use the transparent plastic Tweezerman lash curler and a plastic Japonesque individual eye lash curler.

The one Zazi has looks similar to the one I bought a few years back. Thanks for posting the pictures :) If they had a crimper to curl the lashes, those heated ones might work. As for heated lash curlers ripping lashes out, I also don't agree with that. I heat my own curler up til it's far hotter than the battery operated heated ones and I haven't yet had any lashes come out as a result of that. My lashes won't hold a curl unless I really heat mine up, no matter what type of curler it is.

If you're talking about Revlon's heated gadget, it doesn't do a damn thing for me. Most useless piece of rubbish I've ever bought. It was more than $15 at the time. P.O.S. extraordinaire!

My sister and I both use the Shu Uemera eyelash curler and love it. When I went to Sephora to purchase a new one, the girl told me they don't carry it anymore-- not sure why... but it's amazing! So I just buy replacement pads..  This eyelash curler is the only one that works for me

Latest posts

Back