Glossybox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey
Reaction score
I know some of the January boxes are still rolling in but February is almost here. Anyone seen any sneak previews of Feb?

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have ANY January boxes even been mailed?
Don't think so - received an email from them this weekend saying that they were late with shipping, so many boxes sold, blah,blah, have 50 glossydots for being patient while waiting. Boxes are shipping next week.

This means I'll be getting my Jan box in the middle of Feb if they're shipping via carrier pidgeon (aka Newgistics).

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have ANY January boxes even been mailed?
If you look at the January thread a member did get her box already. 

I'm hoping for some serious winter skin care moisturizers in the February box.

And nail polish, they can never go wrong with nail polish! Something from an upcoming spring collection (OPI, China Glaze, etc) would be awesome.

The Glossybox for Canada still Royally SUCKS!

I saw a preview on Facebook and some people got a Prevage Day cream SPF 15.....exp date 01/13???

when will Glossy learn? 

The other samples were no better- a Burts bees sample cream, Beauty So Clean makeup wipes (those are super tiny), Elizabeth Grant moisture stick.

And the pathetic thing is I was subed last year and got all those exact same items.

So basically they are trying to clean out their warehouse here??

Maybe for Canadians it should be Renamed Garage Sale Box
mad.gif

If you look at the subscription sign-up page it says "Sign up now and receive February's International Style box". Also when you click it it says Feb's boxes will ship between Feb 19, 2013 and Feb 23, 2013, which is standard because it's the 3rd week.

Oooooh, international style? I'm tempted to sign up if this means some foreign brands!

Hmmm international style.. and they did just run a GlossyBox-Missha Contest.. Anyone thinking possibly BB cream??? A girl can dream, right? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

hmm I think international style might just be a new way they are describing themselves, as they've always claimed to have international products etc.

so, I don't know which month it will be, but I just got an email from jewelmint saying that they and glossybox are teaming up and that packages start at $60....I think thats a little extremely crazy. considering Jewelmint isn't worth the $30 it charges already..

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

so, I don't know which month it will be, but I just got an email from jewelmint saying that they and glossybox are teaming up and that packages start at $60....I think thats a little extremely crazy. considering Jewelmint isn't worth the $30 it charges already..
They're selling glossybox subs in 3, 6, and 12 mo. Doesn't look like anything else.

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Those earrings GB sent in a previous box were so cheap.  It was worse than costume jewelry.  I've never checked out Jewelmint, but I certainly won't after those earrings.  I got huge gold (which I am only using to describe the color, not the material) hoops.  I'm sure someone must've liked them, but I only wear pearl studs and white gold.  Yellow gold looks AWFUL on me.  I'm tempted to see if the theatre department at my school would be willing to accept them as a donation...

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They're selling glossybox subs in 3, 6, and 12 mo. Doesn't look like anything else.
Are they getting desparate for customers now?

Too many disgruntled people leaving? Sounds like it.

Those earrings GB sent in a previous box were so cheap.  It was worse than costume jewelry.  I've never checked out Jewelmint, but I certainly won't after those earrings.  I got huge gold (which I am only using to describe the color, not the material) hoops.  I'm sure someone must've liked them, but I only wear pearl studs and white gold.  Yellow gold looks AWFUL on me.  I'm tempted to see if the theatre department at my school would be willing to accept them as a donation...
Actually, some jewelmint pieces are pretty nice and you can usually get discounts (I don't know anyone who actually pays the $30) on everything. The problem is, the jewelry sent in the December boxes seems to be all the stuff that they had as leftover stock because those pieces didn't sell. I'd say about 30% of the pieces are worth looking at every month but there are some HUGE missteps. I wouldn't write it off entirely but the stuff we got sent was certainly not their best (actually it was their worst). Regarding the feb box, I'm just hoping they don't create a huge clusterf**k for themselves again and just get the boxes out.

Originally Posted by martianeskimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually, some jewelmint pieces are pretty nice and you can usually get discounts (I don't know anyone who actually pays the $30) on everything. The problem is, the jewelry sent in the December boxes seems to be all the stuff that they had as leftover stock because those pieces didn't sell. I'd say about 30% of the pieces are worth looking at every month but there are some HUGE missteps. I wouldn't write it off entirely but the stuff we got sent was certainly not their best (actually it was their worst). Regarding the feb box, I'm just hoping they don't create a huge clusterf**k for themselves again and just get the boxes out.
I did like some of the pieces that got sent out... alas, those were not the ones I received. The rings I got were resemble the ones you can get from quarter machines.. or it provided some competition for the metal cuff (from Popsugar Lux Box).

An international theme could be interesting. I THINK the first box had products from around the world right? I liked that box. I love trying new stuff I've never used or seen, or can't afford.
icon_lol.gif

Latest posts

Back