Sign in to follow this  
Dalylah

Glossybox February 2013

Hmmmmm....hope there's more coming in this box! I ordered an extra. The LiSi cosmetics both retail for $6.90 on their website. Kinda excited about the snail mask though, lol. But I could get that AND and full size BB off their website. Still on the fence with this one. I have been eyeing the nail strips at Walmart though, lol!

I think the snail mask sounds awful. I honestly thought it was satire when I was reading the description on the website about how far some people will go to look younger - by rubbing snails on their face. Now I'm just grossed out and sad about it.

Hmm. Well...I'm glad this box looks boring, because it's supposed to be my last box, and at this rate, I won't be tempted to resub! And I'm glad my box will be free, because the only thing I see that I would spend money on is the snail mask, unless the liner is in colors other than black.

I guess I should have waited a day or two to subscribe. I'm really disappointed if this is all they're going to put in the box. It seems like every time I subscribe to a box that has been good in the past, they f*** it up. I'm looking at you, December PopSugar box. sadno.gif

• Like 1

Well, the snail stuff is going to go straight to my trade list.  I will throw up if I try to put snail stuff on my face.  (I tend to overthink stuff, and I will just envision snails crawling on my face and freak/gross myself out)

I'm so disappointed in this box.  I got lured in by the International theme, and it looks like they just pulled the lamest stuff they could find.  I mean seriously... soap? a snail mask? The same lipgloss and eyeliner we get in EVERY SUB BOX EVER?

I just went on the website and cancelled just to make sure I don't get next month's!  Which, knowing my luck, will probably be awesome.

LOL I was just busily cropping and zooming in on all the items for the last half hour, too! I am pretty much not impressed with this box from the looks of it so it may help me resist re-subbing.

Is anyone else annoyed that they have Missha when their Facebook header has "I <3 Japan" ? It annoys me when people talk about South Korea and Japan as if they were the same country. I was also really looking forward to trying a new brand from Japan. :( So, I'm hoping that there are more than just those items in the spoilers.

Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

"The products are a surprise until you open [the box]"  

Obviously, they've never met us.  icon_cheesygrin.gif

Does anyone know what the Bvlgari item is?

You guys should be detectives!

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss View Post

The Super Aqua product is a Missha product if I make no mistake. Yup it is, hope it's the snail cream XD

Yes....

it's the snail cream mask!!!!!!

I am pumped! I've been dying to try the

snail cream products!!!!

I adore

Bvlgari and I can always use an eyeliner Hopefully an everyday color like blue, purple, black, brown. As for the nail rock, I'll take that anyday over EYE ROCK. Blah.

I feel positive there's another box variation so I won't get too excited just yet.

Wow I didn't get the snail product or Bvlgari. Also I'm trading a couple of the items. I got: [spoiler=Warning: Spoiler!] full size Tarte Glamazon pure performance lipstick in Fierce Sebastian Potion 9 styling treatment fresh umbrian clay mattifying serum liquid sand polish by OPI in color Can't let go narciso rodriguez for her sample pack of Le Metier De Beaute replenishing daily solution   *** I am trading the fresh umbrian clay mattifying serum (5 ml tub) *** Also the Tarte Glamazon lipstick. I don't do reds. I would eally love another color or possible will trade for something else. 

That's the January box. The snail stuff is in the February box, which hasn't shipped yet.

Haha duh! don't know what I was thinking...

Really want to try another color in the tarte. 

Anyway, can't wait to find out what else is in the feb glossy box besides the 2 things we know..wondering if I should cancel this month as well...

W

Originally Posted by Marciaxtrois View Post

Hello,

Does anyone know if you can cancel online? I've looked everywhere for the option and i cannot find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I just cancelled.  You were right; it was very tricky.  I went to FAQ on the site and it explained how to do it there.  After I logged into my account, I clicked on manage subscriptions and then on monthly subscription.  Next, there was a small button on the lower right that allowed me to unsubscribe.  Whew!

I'll be excited for the nail rock because I do actually buy those so that is kinda nice. However it really sucks about the acne treatment because I don't need that, and I'm pretty sure that the snail cream is not friendly to snails, so I probably won't end up using this either. Sad I was so looking forward to this box!

Originally Posted by smiletorismile View Post

I'll be excited for the nail rock because I do actually buy those so that is kinda nice. However it really sucks about the acne treatment because I don't need that, and I'm pretty sure that the snail cream is not friendly to snails, so I probably won't end up using this either. Sad I was so looking forward to this box!

I use the Michael Todd organics KNU and it is made with the same ingredient.  They said it is humanly harvested by simply cleaning out their habitat.  I don't know about this brand though.  It doesn't feel any different then any other face cream it's just shiny white in the jar.  I love it though, my hg.

ive been using the snail mask for over a year---it weirds you out thinking about it, but once you get past that and try not to think about the texture when you're putting it on (its not that bad, its just subconsious), its great! Makes my skin feel soft and I feel like it soothes my under eye area.

Originally Posted by eparks53 View Post

I use the Michael Todd organics KNU and it is made with the same ingredient.  They said it is humanly harvested by simply cleaning out their habitat.  I don't know about this brand though.  It doesn't feel any different then any other face cream it's just shiny white in the jar.  I love it though, my hg.

That's good to know! Thanks for the info. For some reason I was picturing some people squeezing little snails to death. :(

Originally Posted by smiletorismile View Post

That's good to know! Thanks for the info. For some reason I was picturing some people squeezing little snails to death. :(

I recommend that you not look up civet as used in perfume.  Or, really, any natural musk used in perfume.  (I wear perfumes that involve a lot of different types of musks, but the company that makes them is cruelty-free, so they make vegan musks, which means they're accords assembled/synthesized from natural non-animal components.)

Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

I recommend that you not look up civet as used in perfume.  Or, really, any natural musk used in perfume.  (I wear perfumes that involve a lot of different types of musks, but the company that makes them is cruelty-free, so they make vegan musks, which means they're accords assembled/synthesized from natural non-animal components.)

That's so gross *plus they are so cute!*! I looked up a list and the only one that I've even considered buying is the Chanel No 5, so that's good, I guess its a plus that I tend to stay away from musky type scents to begin with. (: