What products do you use to keep your hair straight when it's humid?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have thick wavy  that I have to straighten but whenever it's hot or it rains my hair puffs right out & looks like hell. I know there has to be something out their that helps, what do you guys use?

I typically avoid that scenario altogether and just leave it curly when the weather's against me, but on the rare occasion I do straighten I use Argan oil and hairspray. Finding a lightweight hairspray is key-I used one by Pantene at one point but I don't know if they make it anymore and I don't know of any other drugstore brands. If you're up for spending some serious cash, Alterna makes a brushable hair spray; Sebastian's Shaper hairspray is also supposed to be brushable, as is Lamaur Vita-E (though I'm not so sure that I'd ever use that, the only time I've ever seen that is when my older relatives had it, and that was a long time ago...)

I don't think there's anything you can do about direct water contact however I usually but Dimethicone straight as it's the main active ingredient in all of the expensive frizz humidity stopping serums. You can get it at TKB......a mixture with cyclomethicone is good as well

I like this to use after washing my hair: 

Also use a deep moisturizing conditioner on the ends of hair.  And if I know it's going to rain I carry an umbrella with me.

Back