Any recommended felt-tip liners out there?...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Preferably, not the light ones that can mess up with a lash getting in the way (I have a L'Oreal "Lineur Intense"), but one of those pen-type liners. I see a few people on youtube using them from time to time, and I DO know of them and such, but what is a good black (and white) one I should look into getting? Where can I get it? I had a terrible twitch when applying eyeliner some time ago, and as of recent, I have gotten over it, and pretty far used to the pencils now, but I want to move from them now and get something better and preferably less maintenance (Sharpening, bleh. :/) so I was thinking of getting one of these. I am sure ones from MAC, MUFE, and all those high-end ones will be recommended, but if they are good, lay them on me. Thanks!

My favorite felt tip pen type liquid liners are Stila's Stay All Day in Carbon and I'm just trying out the Eyeko skinny liner in Black that I got in my birchbox. If you're looking for a slightly lower price point, the ULTA brand one was my favorite when I had a lower budget

Sounds pretty unanimous with the eyeko here. s:.... Looks like I will have to look into this one. Thanks!

Also, does it come in white as well? If not, what is a good white one?

It doesn't come in white and I haven't found a good white myself, though I wouldn't personally get a felt tip white liner,  because I only use white on my lash line.

Eyeko liner comes in: Black, Purple, Brown, Green and Blue.

MUFE has a white one. Technically it's a liquid that you dip the felt tip into. (Just like what you would do with nail polish).

I don't think I know of any white felt tip liners, like @beautymadn3ss I only use it on my lashline and I'm not particularly picky about this one.

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MUFE has a white one. Technically it's a liquid that you dip the felt tip into. (Just like what you would do with nail polish).
Is it any good? Of course, since it is MUFE, I would assume so, but you never truly know unless you try them first hand. To be honest, dipping it kind of makes me iffy. >.o

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It doesn't come in white and I haven't found a good white myself, though I wouldn't personally get a felt tip white liner,  because I only use white on my lash line.

Eyeko liner comes in: Black, Purple, Brown, Green and Blue.

What would you recommend for white then? s:.... Hopefully something that isn't creme because I have a creme coffee liner, and that just doesn't work with me. s:

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think I know of any white felt tip liners, like @beautymadn3ss I only use it on my lashline and I'm not particularly picky about this one.

Yeah.... thinking more about it, that's true. Probably best just sticking to a pencil maybe.

Originally Posted by Yukiko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it any good? Of course, since it is MUFE, I would assume so, but you never truly know unless you try them first hand. To be honest, dipping it kind of makes me iffy. >.o

What would you recommend for white then? s:.... Hopefully something that isn't creme because I have a creme coffee liner, and that just doesn't work with me. s:
Well sadly I can't recommend any specific one, because I haven't tried a good one myself. I have one from essence and I don't like  it much :S

Ah. I am currently using one from Wet n Wild.... a cheap 99 cent pencil, and it isn't bad. Did kind of rub off a bit though. *Shrug* Oh well, I'll just have to keep my eyes and ears peeled for talk about the discovery of a good one. x: Thanks as always Gabi. :3

Glare on my laptop screen is making that hard to see, but is it a thick or thin tipped liner?

Either way, I am hoping if I have the time, the right location (5th and 48th in New York?...) and don't turn back, to go to Sephora today  to see if they have any of those Eyeko liners.

It's a thin tipped liner! They got 3 stores in the city. The one you're referring to is actually on 48th and Broadway! They have a booth setup in Macys in Herald Square as well, but that's always crowded with tourists so you're better off going to the actual store.

Eyeko are my fave! you can make your lines thick or thin and they sure do stay put!

Yes it's good. Almost has a creamy texture to it, and we all know the quality of MUFE, so the pigment is good. You have to shake it very well until you hear the ball rattle around inside the bottle.

Ah. I am currently using one from Wet n Wild.... a cheap 99 cent pencil, and it isn't bad. Did kind of rub off a bit though. *Shrug* Oh well, I'll just have to keep my eyes and ears peeled for talk about the discovery of a good one. x: Thanks as always Gabi. :3
Pencils tend to do this, I use two white pencil liners, one from NYX and one from Lancôme. The NYX is ok, and the Lancôme one is quite vivid. I also like the longer length of the Lancôme liner. I've tried the white one from MUFE, but I found the white to be a bit muted.

I don't quite have enough practice with cream liners just yet, but once I get good enough with them, I will definitely look into it. Thanks a lot Vogue. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As for the black, I got an Eyeko one. Will try it out later on. Thanks folks!

Back