Eye makeup tips for deeply creased outer eye area?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a little hard to explain, but I have a deep crease in the outer corner of my eyes. This little crease prevents me from connecting my eye makeup from my upper lash line to my lower lash line at the outer corners of my eyes. It's so annoying because I feel like I can't get a 'finished' and fluid look to the outer corner of my eyes when doing my eye makeup. I've included a pic where you can see the little crease and pointed an arrow at it lol, you can see that it makes a pretty long line past my lower lash line.

Does anyone have any tips for eyes like this?

Also, is this eye shape considered 'hooded' when looking at the eyebrow/lid area? Just wondered!

I have a friend with eyes like this. I just pull the upper and the lower gently at the same time and I can get into the corner. Use the hand closest to that eye and put your fingers in these spots and pull the upper one up gently and the lower one down a little. It should open that up so you can doodle in there.

I have a friend with eyes like this. I just pull the upper and the lower gently at the same time and I can get into the corner. Use the hand closest to that eye and put your fingers in these spots and pull the upper one up gently and the lower one down a little. It should open that up so you can doodle in there.
Thanks for the tip! I've tried to put makeup in that little creased area, but it kinda works itself out and ends up all smudgy (in a bad way) at where that little line ends. I'll give it another shot with your tips and maybe try to put some primer there to hold the color better...?
What she said..and love that eye liner! What is it? Lol
Thanks! It's Stila liquid liner in Moss, got it from the BB shop :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's what I do. I press my middle and index finger down on the extended crease, and then make a peace sign. It keeps the skin taught. Apply a little bit very close to the eye, release, apply a little bit more, and release. Keep doing this because if you apply what appears to be the correct amount and release the skin, it will likely turn out to be far too much when the skin is in a relaxed position, so just add little bits at a time. Another thing you can do is use tape. If you stick the tape near the top of the crease and pull it up to your hairline, it will hold the skin up long enough for you to do your entire eye area look (from concealer to mascara) and keep it in the exact same position for the sake of uniformity.

All the advice to pull the skin tight and use a liner that doesn't run or seal it is great! but you need to get your liner up against the lash line, you have the oreo cookie effect, pull the lid from just under the brow and get the liner into the lash line then finish the top edge. This will give you a polished look and you wont notice if you have connected the corner.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the tip! I've tried to put makeup in that little creased area, but it kinda works itself out and ends up all smudgy (in a bad way) at where that little line ends. I'll give it another shot with your tips and maybe try to put some primer there to hold the color better...?
Primer should definitely help.
smile.gif

I find if you put the liner into that crease a lot of natural oil builds up and the makeup ends up smudging away. I would suggest a good primer (urban decay eye primer *love*) use your waterproof liner and then set it with a powder on top. The powder will help to absorb that oil that that part of the eye seems to produce. Hope that works!!

Back