Do you have to have credit to rent a place?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering something and i hope some of you have the answer to this. me and my bf are breaking up and i want to get into an apartment of my own to rent. i am 20 yrs old, i dont have credit yet. i have never really been on my own before. am i able to rent a place w/o having credit? hope to hear from you all soon.

Eva

Most places do require some sort of credit. They at least check to see if its bad. They may go by how long you have been at your current job. Do you have someone that would co sign for you?

If you don't have credit, you may need a co-signer. I am a leasing agent for an apartment complex and we will ask for a co-signer if someone doesn't have credit.

umm i know you have to have good credit to rent a apartment cause they do check that , but like the girls said if you have a co-signer then you sould be fine wish you luck:icon_love

thanks girls, yeah i will be ok. emotionally i am over him. i currently live in michigan and after the holidays are over i am going to move to south carolina where my brother lives and i am going to stay with him until i get a job there and get my own place. he is 23 and he has good credit, so if all i need is a co-signer than i have no worrys. thanks gals.

Sorry to hear about your situation but im glad you have a back up :clap

thanks, you all have been a big help to me. that is what makes this forum a great place.

forever greatful,

Eva

We are glad to help you in any way we can. If your brother has good credit and meets the requirements and has the qualifications, it shouldn't be a problem. Best of luck to you.

Latest posts

Back