Pawalla Subscription Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone else subscribe to Pawalla for their cat and/or dog?  This is my first month, and I was really pleased when I got the box.  I have four kitties (ages 18, 7, 2, and 1.5), so I got the cat subscription (but only one box - as four of them would be a bit expensive).  

We got four cans of grain-free wet food, 2 types of treats, kitty catnip toys, wild salmon oil, and a trial of dehydrated cat food.  We also got some coupons to buy more of the items that were in the box.  Thus far, we've tried pretty much everything, except the dehydrated food, and everything has been a HUGE hit with the kitties.  

It was honestly also quite a trip to see our little Bartowski's name on the mailing box.  Had to explain that one to the mailman - LOL!  

When we opened the box, 3/4 of the cats *RAN* to the box to see what was there.  Butters, our 2 year old, began to rummage through like a wild man.  

All in all, I could not be happier with the Pawalla box.  Very excited to try out new treats/toys for the kitties, and it was really fun to see the cats all excited about the mail.

You get the choice when you sign up to choose a box for an elderly cat, cat, or kitten.  I went with the middle box since our eldest cat is on a special diet, and we have no kittens.  Overall, I'm really pleased with the box though - and the kitties seem to be as well!

Here's a pic of the box we got (and Butters with his head rooting through it!).

Do you think it's worth the $25+/- for the box? I know they have a new $12 mini version which was 1 food, 1 treat and 1 toy.

I do, but then again, we have a variety of kitties that would use each item in the box.  I also appreciated that almost all of the items were full sized.  The two Grizzly salmon items retail at $16 on their own, and I haven't seen the treats or canned food here in town (so it was nice they got to try something new).

I signed up with a code for February a few days ago. Not sure if it's still working, but VDAY35S makes the standard box only $16.90. VDAY35M makes the mini box only $9.10. 

Very excited to try this subscription, though! Did the mailing label literally have ONLY the pet's name on it? Sending this to a professional workplace with a lot of employees so I certainly hope not...

I know. LOL But does it count if it's for my cats and they'll eat everything in the box?

I dunno. I'm seriously contemplating sending a gift box to the cats at my parents' house. One of them insists upon getting presents at every major holiday anyway. Valentine's isn't a bad holiday to add to the list.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know. LOL But does it count if it's for my cats and they'll eat everything in the box?
No! It does not count if you have to buy it anyway and you get more product for less money! This is how I justify the food boxes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yup. The first Easter we had her (I was like 11 and my brother was like 7) she got so upset that she didn't have a basket, we had to go to Petsmart and buy her some toys and put them in a basket. Now she gets Christmas and birthday gifts like a real kid.

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup. The first Easter we had her (I was like 11 and my brother was like 7) she got so upset that she didn't have a basket, we had to go to Petsmart and buy her some toys and put them in a basket. Now she gets Christmas and birthday gifts like a real kid.
I can't tell if that's cute or spoiled...probably a little of both. I can just picture a sad little kitty pouting over not getting an Easter basket like everyone else.

Quote: Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I signed up with a code for February a few days ago. Not sure if it's still working, but VDAY35S makes the standard box only $16.90. VDAY35M makes the mini box only $9.10. 

Very excited to try this subscription, though! Did the mailing label literally have ONLY the pet's name on it? Sending this to a professional workplace with a lot of employees so I certainly hope not...

Yes, it only has your pet's name on it.  Mine was my address and the name was Bartowski (no last name even. lol).  Our mailman definitely asked some questions.

Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't tell if that's cute or spoiled...probably a little of both. I can just picture a sad little kitty pouting over not getting an Easter basket like everyone else.
It's both, but she's small and cross-eyed, so we still think of her as a little kitty even though she's a real grown up kitty.

Originally Posted by Brelki /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, it only has your pet's name on it.  Mine was my address and the name was Bartowski (no last name even. lol).  Our mailman definitely asked some questions.
Nooo! Not sure what to do...maybe change my profile so my "pet's name" is actually the addressee's name. It would be cute if it was like "Owner's Name AND Pet's Name." Boo.

Edit: Yep, changed my pet's name to the addressee's name instead (both names fit luckily)...now let's hope for no custom cat tags! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I signed up for this towards the end of last year, and it was fun to receive but I did not see it being worth it for me. I have two cats, and they are picky jerks. They rejected two out of the three types of treats, and I thought three bags of treats was a bit too much anyway, especially since one was a ginormous bag of Greenies. I've also tried a lot of different premium canned foods with them, and they only like a couple of brands.

Value-wise, I found that retail value matched about what I paid, but you get to try new things and get to be surprised so it's definitely worth the price. So if you have a lot of cats and/or they are not as ungrateful as mine, then it's worth a try.

Now as soon as I heard about the mini box, I signed right up. One treat, toy, etc, per month seems more reasonable to me. I'll feel better about them rejecting a $14 box than a $26 box...lol.

Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nooo! Not sure what to do...maybe change my profile so my "pet's name" is actually the addressee's name. It would be cute if it was like "Owner's Name AND Pet's Name." Boo.

Edit: Yep, changed my pet's name to the addressee's name instead (both names fit luckily)...now let's hope for no custom cat tags! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Actually, I order their boxes every month and it is addressed under my name and "Attn to: my kitty's name". I think this is absolutely adorable that they do this. Of course it's gotta be sent to the name of the person in the household, but I love that they also give the attention to my cat, as well. It's always nice to know that there are other people who acknowledge your pets and my cat runs over to the box every morning it arrives as if she knows it is addressed to her!

Maybe it was a system glitch that just had your pet's name on the label? So weird... I've never had a box sent to me with just my cat's name on it before and I've received about 8 so far...

I love this box -- originally I was going to only sign up for a month but my two kittens went through everything so quickly that I sprang for another. I'm kind of excited for them to see what arrives in the next box. Since we keep their toys and some of the treats in last month's box (the small compartments are great for storage), they've become quite protective of the box.

Latest posts

Back