Sign in to follow this  
JC327

Julep: March 2013

Originally Posted by hiheather View Post

Ew. I hate sheer polish or any polish that reveals my nail line.

Anyways, does anybody else thing 'rock candy' is a weird name for sheer polish? I feel like it'd be some cool new nail effect.

i dont' have a nail line because my nails are so short lol maybe that's why i like them

Honestly, I'm glad they changed the packaging for that hand scrub. It looks A LOT nicer now, much more modern and pretty.

The old package is just so boring and plain. Plus I hate white tubes because if you have any dirt on your hands at all, or any dust lands on them, it gets into the little grooves where the plastic is pinched together on the end and it looks so nasty.

I might switch to the products box for awhile since I have sooooooo many nail polishes already!

I hope the sheers look more like jellies. That photo just looks like stained nails. D:
That's what I'm hoping for. I'll wait for better swatches and whatever options are available. . I'm not a huge fan of sheers either, but if they're more jelly.. count me in!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean View Post

I'll jump on sheers, depending on the shades. More options for a jelly sandwich!

too funny, MissLindaJean and I are were just talking about jelly sandwiches yesterday and look here...more options.  I've always had a hard time finding jellies...any suggestions?  I know about Zoya Frieda (thanks MissLindaJean!) but any others?  Does Julep have any jellies?

OPI had a line of jellies a couple of years ago.  They called them "sorbets," but it's the same thing.  Check out the Texas Collection.  Zoya has several other jellies, too.

I thought you quit/switched to SquareHue! XD Julep is very addicting isn't it
Missed the promo for Square Hue and succumbed to Julep upon whispers of holos. Call me a weak willed woman with pretty nails lol.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean View Post

Do you care to expound and enlighten us? Lol... we love spoilers!

Oh, I was a sneak peak maven for march. I can't say much until the 20th, but I felt there was no harm in putting a few peoples' fears to rest! 

Originally Posted by ledfordica View Post

I hope the sheers look more like jellies. That photo just looks like stained nails. D:

The photo just looks like one layer of jelly polish on its own... to me at any rate.

Originally Posted by Sarah22 View Post

You can NEVER make to many jelly sandwiches! I wouldn't mind getting jelly polishes for that reason alone!

Sorry guys- newbie to getting into polishes here, please tell me what is a jelly sandwich? icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

http://zoyanailpolish.blogspot.com/2012/08/zoya-nyfw-2012-gloss-collection-jelly.html

Something like this. Jellys are fairly sheer, so they can build up. You combine them with each other and more opaque polishes to get different effects

Thank you for explaining! I was kinda getting hungry seeing all that Jelly sandwich talk but now I understand rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Beeyutifull View Post

Sorry guys- newbie to getting into polishes here, please tell me what is a jelly sandwich? icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by javagirl87 View Post

yeah i don't know what a jelly sandwich is either...

I had to google it, lol. Essentially it's layering. Sheer polish, glitter (or glitter polish) topped with another coat of sheer polish. At least that was what I understood from my research. smile.gif

Edited to add: Oops..should have been a little more observant. Kyuu beat me to it!