Sign in to follow this  
emilyd

Cupid Mystery Boxes

I've seen a lot of people on FB complain about the contents of their box. (I'm failing to understand how 5 full-sized polishes and a lip gloss aren't worth the $20 we paid) Did anyone here not receive a holo/coupon for a free polish? Once someone mentioned it on FB, it seemed that lots of others were coming out of the woodwork and complaining that they too were missing it.

I loved all the colors in my box except one (I got Alfre, Audrey, Susie, and Jane) but it didn't come with the holographic color or the coupon. I e-mailed Julep last night and they got back to me this morning asking for a picture of my box. Hopefully they'll send me either the holographic or a coupon!

ETA: They just got back to me and said they are sending me a coupon code via e-mail. I'm very impressed with their customer service.

I wasn't thrilled with any of the colors I got. They just weren't good matches for me. I didn't even like the holo I got Evangeline, but that is the risk I took buying a mystery box.

I loved the lip gloss at least, and there really is no denying the value. It was definitely worth the $20, just not my style. I gave my polishes away to my mom and little sister for Valentine's day. They we're excited about them so it turned out okay.

I got a confirmation that my box was delivered but I haven't been able to swing by to pick it up yet. And just now, I received an email apologizing for forgetting to put a coupon code in my box! Was this a mass glitch?

Originally Posted by puppyluv View Post

I wasn't thrilled with any of the colors I got. They just weren't good matches for me. I didn't even like the holo I got Evangeline, but that is the risk I took buying a mystery box.

I loved the lip gloss at least, and there really is no denying the value. It was definitely worth the $20, just not my style. I gave my polishes away to my mom and little sister for Valentine's day. They we're excited about them so it turned out okay.

Aww, that's so sweet!

My box was a total let down. Four polishes, no promo code, and a lip gloss I already have. My polishes were Sarah, Sienna, Hermione, and Glenn. Sienna is gold, which doesn't seem VDay-esque to me. Hermoine is pretty, btu it's a CRACKLE. Overall, disappointed. I'm emailing them about my polish code. I think I'll get a Patty's Day one since last year's was great, but then I'm probably done.

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww View Post

My box was a total let down. Four polishes, no promo code, and a lip gloss I already have. My polishes were Sarah, Sienna, Hermione, and Glenn. Sienna is gold, which doesn't seem VDay-esque to me. Hermoine is pretty, btu it's a CRACKLE. Overall, disappointed. I'm emailing them about my polish code. I think I'll get a Patty's Day one since last year's was great, but then I'm probably done.

I got almost the same box, but with Kate instead of Hermione. Definitely a let down. Kind of feel like I got a box of leftovers instead of a Cupid's box! Which lippy did you get? I received Poppy, which is the only lip gloss I already have from Julep. fad.gif

I actually liked my box: 4 Polishes, Lip Gloss and Free Polish Coupon

The coupon polish I picked was Susie: it's a Mint Creme Color.

Originally Posted by ledfordica View Post

I got almost the same box, but with Kate instead of Hermione. Definitely a let down. Kind of feel like I got a box of leftovers instead of a Cupid's box! Which lippy did you get? I received Poppy, which is the only lip gloss I already have from Julep. fad.gif

I received the same one and have it already. I ordered at after people were getting them, so I definitely think that's the case. Last year (early in the year) I purchased numerous boxes and they were AMAZING. They were huge with tons of product, but this was a total let down. These polishes don't scream V-Day to me and just seem like stock they wanted to move out.

It really does seem like Julep just sends leftover/discontinued polishes in most of the mystery boxes. They might come out with a new color just for the mystery box but mostly just overstock. I haven't bought a mystery box since around last summer when I only got 3 polishes and a bag they came in. Customer service told me the bag was included in the value of the box and has a retail of $5. I felt scammed and never bought another mystery box and skipped almost every monthly box since.

It really does seem like Julep just sends leftover/discontinued polishes in most of the mystery boxes. They might come out with a new color just for the mystery box but mostly just overstock. I haven't bought a mystery box since around last summer when I only got 3 polishes and a bag they came in. Customer service told me the bag was included in the value of the box and has a retail of $5. I felt scammed and never bought another mystery box and skipped almost every monthly box since.
I think you are totally right. When I swatched all the colors I got, my fiance asked if they were Julep's leftover rejects. Even he noticed, and he knows nothing about nail color! They suck you in though by saying a lucky few will get ridiculously good boxes. It's just like playing the lottery. A total gamble.

I think it would benefit Julep if they advertised these Mystery Boxes as "Overstock Mystery Box-- our loss is your gain!"  Or something like that.  No skin off their back, and new subscribers would be all over it.  

In my Cupid's box I had reiceived "Maya", "Emma", "Rose" "Charlotte" and "Evangeline" wasn't a fan of the first two polishes but it does seem they offer polishes that don't sell well in they're mystery boxes.

I am new to makeuptalk but I had to join when I found this Julep board ♥

I signed up on Feb 8 for my first Maven box and my Cupid box at the same time.  The Cupid box arrived today-not too bad since I am in Canada.  Where oh where is my Maven intro box though?!  I didn't get a shipping # for that one...guess I need to email...

Anyway!  My box contained 4 polishes + a coupon for a free polish!! I would have loved Evangeline, its totally my type of color...but I am still really happy with what I got!

Audrey 

Glenn

Madison

Eva

Poppy Lip Gloss

The lip gloss is too orange-y for me I think.  The other 4 colors are definitely valentine-y and I love that I got 3 "reds".  The pink I might never open, I am not a pale pastel kind of gal.  

Originally Posted by nvr2old4glitter View Post

I signed up on Feb 8 for my first Maven box and my Cupid box at the same time.  The Cupid box arrived today-not too bad since I am in Canada.  Where oh where is my Maven intro box though?!  I didn't get a shipping # for that one...guess I need to email...

Anyway!  My box contained 4 polishes + a coupon for a free polish!! I would have loved Evangeline, its totally my type of color...but I am still really happy with what I got!

Audrey 

Glenn

Madison

Eva

Poppy Lip Gloss

The lip gloss is too orange-y for me I think.  The other 4 colors are definitely valentine-y and I love that I got 3 "reds".  The pink I might never open, I am not a pale pastel kind of gal.  

Wow! What a great Cupid's box! Great Valentine's Day colors. :]

Originally Posted by nvr2old4glitter View Post

Audrey 

Glenn

Madison

Eva

Poppy Lip Gloss

You might be surprised with Audrey, I am not a light pink person at all but this one has some shimmer to it and I fell in love. I added some glitter to play up the shimmer (ignore the short nail! I swear it always breaks when my other nails are looking great)

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww View Post

I still haven't heard back from them! Usually Julep's CS is pretty decent, so I'm surprised.

Did things ever work out with CS?

Originally Posted by ledfordica View Post

Did things ever work out with CS?

Still nothing. When I called I was told to email them so they could get a picture. I've emailed twice and wrote on Facebook (which just resulted in snarky women with nothing to do commenting on it) and have yet to hear back. That kind of soured me since usually they're pretty good and this box was just beyond a let down.