Cupid Mystery Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of people on FB complain about the contents of their box. (I'm failing to understand how 5 full-sized polishes and a lip gloss aren't worth the $20 we paid) Did anyone here not receive a holo/coupon for a free polish? Once someone mentioned it on FB, it seemed that lots of others were coming out of the woodwork and complaining that they too were missing it.

I loved all the colors in my box except one (I got Alfre, Audrey, Susie, and Jane) but it didn't come with the holographic color or the coupon. I e-mailed Julep last night and they got back to me this morning asking for a picture of my box. Hopefully they'll send me either the holographic or a coupon!

ETA: They just got back to me and said they are sending me a coupon code via e-mail. I'm very impressed with their customer service.

I wasn't thrilled with any of the colors I got. They just weren't good matches for me. I didn't even like the holo I got Evangeline, but that is the risk I took buying a mystery box.

I loved the lip gloss at least, and there really is no denying the value. It was definitely worth the $20, just not my style. I gave my polishes away to my mom and little sister for Valentine's day. They we're excited about them so it turned out okay.

I got a confirmation that my box was delivered but I haven't been able to swing by to pick it up yet. And just now, I received an email apologizing for forgetting to put a coupon code in my box! Was this a mass glitch?

Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wasn't thrilled with any of the colors I got. They just weren't good matches for me. I didn't even like the holo I got Evangeline, but that is the risk I took buying a mystery box.

I loved the lip gloss at least, and there really is no denying the value. It was definitely worth the $20, just not my style. I gave my polishes away to my mom and little sister for Valentine's day. They we're excited about them so it turned out okay.
Aww, that's so sweet!

My box was a total let down. Four polishes, no promo code, and a lip gloss I already have. My polishes were Sarah, Sienna, Hermione, and Glenn. Sienna is gold, which doesn't seem VDay-esque to me. Hermoine is pretty, btu it's a CRACKLE. Overall, disappointed. I'm emailing them about my polish code. I think I'll get a Patty's Day one since last year's was great, but then I'm probably done.

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box was a total let down. Four polishes, no promo code, and a lip gloss I already have. My polishes were Sarah, Sienna, Hermione, and Glenn. Sienna is gold, which doesn't seem VDay-esque to me. Hermoine is pretty, btu it's a CRACKLE. Overall, disappointed. I'm emailing them about my polish code. I think I'll get a Patty's Day one since last year's was great, but then I'm probably done.
I got almost the same box, but with Kate instead of Hermione. Definitely a let down. Kind of feel like I got a box of leftovers instead of a Cupid's box! Which lippy did you get? I received Poppy, which is the only lip gloss I already have from Julep.
fad.gif

I actually liked my box: 4 Polishes, Lip Gloss and Free Polish Coupon

The coupon polish I picked was Susie: it's a Mint Creme Color.

Originally Posted by ledfordica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got almost the same box, but with Kate instead of Hermione. Definitely a let down. Kind of feel like I got a box of leftovers instead of a Cupid's box! Which lippy did you get? I received Poppy, which is the only lip gloss I already have from Julep.
fad.gif
I received the same one and have it already. I ordered at after people were getting them, so I definitely think that's the case. Last year (early in the year) I purchased numerous boxes and they were AMAZING. They were huge with tons of product, but this was a total let down. These polishes don't scream V-Day to me and just seem like stock they wanted to move out.

It really does seem like Julep just sends leftover/discontinued polishes in most of the mystery boxes. They might come out with a new color just for the mystery box but mostly just overstock. I haven't bought a mystery box since around last summer when I only got 3 polishes and a bag they came in. Customer service told me the bag was included in the value of the box and has a retail of $5. I felt scammed and never bought another mystery box and skipped almost every monthly box since.

It really does seem like Julep just sends leftover/discontinued polishes in most of the mystery boxes. They might come out with a new color just for the mystery box but mostly just overstock. I haven't bought a mystery box since around last summer when I only got 3 polishes and a bag they came in. Customer service told me the bag was included in the value of the box and has a retail of $5. I felt scammed and never bought another mystery box and skipped almost every monthly box since.
I think you are totally right. When I swatched all the colors I got, my fiance asked if they were Julep's leftover rejects. Even he noticed, and he knows nothing about nail color! They suck you in though by saying a lucky few will get ridiculously good boxes. It's just like playing the lottery. A total gamble.

I think it would benefit Julep if they advertised these Mystery Boxes as "Overstock Mystery Box-- our loss is your gain!"  Or something like that.  No skin off their back, and new subscribers would be all over it.  

In my Cupid's box I had reiceived "Maya", "Emma", "Rose" "Charlotte" and "Evangeline" wasn't a fan of the first two polishes but it does seem they offer polishes that don't sell well in they're mystery boxes.

I am new to makeuptalk but I had to join when I found this Julep board ♥

I signed up on Feb 8 for my first Maven box and my Cupid box at the same time.  The Cupid box arrived today-not too bad since I am in Canada.  Where oh where is my Maven intro box though?!  I didn't get a shipping # for that one...guess I need to email...

Anyway!  My box contained 4 polishes + a coupon for a free polish!! I would have loved Evangeline, its totally my type of color...but I am still really happy with what I got!

Audrey 

Glenn

Madison

Eva

Poppy Lip Gloss

The lip gloss is too orange-y for me I think.  The other 4 colors are definitely valentine-y and I love that I got 3 "reds".  The pink I might never open, I am not a pale pastel kind of gal.  

Originally Posted by nvr2old4glitter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I signed up on Feb 8 for my first Maven box and my Cupid box at the same time.  The Cupid box arrived today-not too bad since I am in Canada.  Where oh where is my Maven intro box though?!  I didn't get a shipping # for that one...guess I need to email...

Anyway!  My box contained 4 polishes + a coupon for a free polish!! I would have loved Evangeline, its totally my type of color...but I am still really happy with what I got!

Audrey 

Glenn

Madison

Eva

Poppy Lip Gloss

The lip gloss is too orange-y for me I think.  The other 4 colors are definitely valentine-y and I love that I got 3 "reds".  The pink I might never open, I am not a pale pastel kind of gal.  

Wow! What a great Cupid's box! Great Valentine's Day colors. :]

Originally Posted by nvr2old4glitter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Audrey 

Glenn

Madison

Eva

Poppy Lip Gloss

You might be surprised with Audrey, I am not a light pink person at all but this one has some shimmer to it and I fell in love. I added some glitter to play up the shimmer (ignore the short nail! I swear it always breaks when my other nails are looking great)

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I still haven't heard back from them! Usually Julep's CS is pretty decent, so I'm surprised.
Did things ever work out with CS?

Latest posts

Back