Military discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jerricabenton7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

dude!! is there a beating a dead horse emoticon?!!!

did you really just suggest i velcro a baby blanket to the wrap so it would fit?!?! do you have a government job? if not,you totally should!!!!!!! epic solution.
Wow. Just wow.

By the way, my hubby works for the US government (and I used to, as well). Just FYI, they don't give away top secret security clearances to just anyone. So yeah ... most times, those with government jobs have to go above and beyond what others do to *get* those jobs. And often, government employees don't make as much as their private sector counterparts do. My hubby would make twice what he does now, if he worked for a civilian company.

BTW, my husband has created over 100 patents that the government uses for revenue, saving the American people thousands upon thousands of dollars in taxes. You're welcome. o_O

I'll bet that you're one of the first people to whinge and complain over potholes on your street, but the last person to say "thank you" to that frustrated, tired, underpaid postal worker who's had to work overtime on Christmas Eve. At least, that's what your post tells me. o_O

Removed by mod
My husband was an Army Company Commander for 6 years and took his men to Afghanistan. I wonder what your husband would say if he knew you were bad-mouthing not only a former superior officer (and one of the GOOD ones who actually did just as much, if not more, than what he asked his men to do,m unlike some), but also his employer (yannow ... the US Government?)?

If he's as honourable as the men I've known, he'd be pretty pissed. Edited by mod.

that is utter bs. my husband has been company commander for 2 tours which is army regulation max.try again.

that is utter bs. my husband has been company commander for 2 tours which is army regulation max.try again.
I believe the regulation you're talking about is for "normal optimum" tour length. And I also believe that tour length is based on "the needs of the Army" and the "stability of the unit."

He served as Company Commander for "his" company (Delta), and then went on to be CC for two other companies (Alpha and Bravo). *shrugs*

All I know is that I went to three different transition ceremonies. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

totally not trying to fight with you, obviously he's not combat arms.national guard? everything you have in quotes is wrong.SORRY MODS BUT I TAKE IT PERSONAL.

Originally Posted by BeachBoheme /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My husband was an Army Company Commander for 6 years and took his men to Afghanistan. I wonder what your husband would say if he knew you were bad-mouthing not only a former superior officer (and one of the GOOD ones who actually did just as much, if not more, than what he asked his men to do,m unlike some), but also his employer (yannow ... the US Government?)?

If he's as honourable as the men I've known, he'd be pretty pissed. Edited by mod.
Um, she's a spouse, therefore, she is not bound to not "bad-mouth" a "former superior officer". There is NO rank among spouses.

totally not trying to fight with you, obviously he's not combat arms.national guard? everything you have in quotes is wrong.SORRY MODS BUT I TAKE IT PERSONAL.
Yes, until he was deployed to Iraq (2007), he was Army National Guard. Once deployed, he became active duty. So? How the monkey-fudge does that matter?!

I had no idea what regulations you were going on about, so I looked up the AR-600 and found the phrases I quoted therein. That was a buttload easier than calling my hubby while he's on travel.

As for taking things personally, it'd be nice if you could see that you're not the only one who's taking things personally. In the interests of getting this behind us, my husband's worked with the DEA (a government agency), worked for the US Navy for 15 years, and served in the Army National Guard (and served active duty for a total of about 6 years before retiring as a Lt. Col) for slightly over 20. Overall, that's about 25 continual years working for the US government in some fashion.

My mother was an FBI agent. My uncle was a US Marshall. I've worked for the government (both county and state) as a court appointed forensic psychologist. So, yeah ... my entire life has involved working for the government (either myself or a family member). Can you really not see how insinuating that only idiots work for the government might not be highly insulting?

And then, to add fuel to the fire, you even state that your husband is, in essence, a government employee.

I'm not trying to fuel this argument. I'm just letting you know *why* that comment pissed me off. I'm damned proud of my family and it's accomplishments and it's service to our nation and community. Considering that your husband works for it, too, I'd think you would be, too.

Now, I'm done. If you want to see my husband's service records or any of his commendations, just let me know. o_O

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Um, she's a spouse, therefore, she is not bound to not "bad-mouth" a "former superior officer". There is NO rank among spouses.
That's true. But when my hubby was in the service, he'd have killed me for bad-mouthing any other servicemembers, much less a superior officer. Wives are usually held to a standard just as high as any servicemember.

The Base Commander was a scary looking guy ~ and I made a comment to that effect to him once. He was less than pleased that I'd bad-mouthed *his* superior officer. I made the assumption (however rightly or wrongly) that her husband would feel the same way.

And he sure as hell would've killed me for bad-mouthing the US government, his very employer, the very entity that paid his salary.

infantryman-creed.jpg

Originally Posted by BeachBoheme /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Freaking amazeballs!!! Not only is he totally kah-yoot, he's also got a great sense of humour! You lucky woman!
heart.gif
Originally Posted by Beauty-Flawed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is awesome!
LOL Thanks!  He's so funny!  And he works for the federal government.  And was also in the Army.  I cannot even make this stuff up!

Latest posts

Back