Birchbox March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vogliadivintage

vogliadivintage
Reaction score
tumblr_mic6xuNYUc1qbz3xno2_1280.jpg

It's very, very early I know, but they've just released some pictures on the blog previewing what's going to happen in March's boxes.  Teases!

I think they're sampling eyeshadow next month.

Nail polish? In the far right v side.. what is that blue bottle? Makes me think of sexy, healthy hair. .

I would loooooove some eyeshadow!  And yeah, that does look like nail polish... I got the green color club in my Feb box, but I'll take more!  

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nail polish? In the far right v side.. what is that blue bottle? Makes me think of sexy, healthy hair. .
ooh, good eye!  I think that's exactly what that blue bottle is.

ooh, good eye!  I think that's exactly what that blue bottle is.
Hmm. . Lol, I saw their blog post and the pretty shadow the woman was wearing, so that could be fun. For the Healthy, Sexy Hair. .I was just in Ross/TJ Maxx and saw some of that brand, so the bottle is a fresh memory! Lol.. we shall see, I guess.

I haven't even gotten my February box yet and I'm already looking forward to March!!!

I always look forward to March!  It's when my town really comes alive after staying inside for the winter.  Everything just *feels* different.  The air is different, the rain is different, even the mud is different.  It's our reward for getting through November and February.  December and January aren't hard, but February is the loooooongest month of the year.  I don't care what the calendar says.  It already feels like it's been about five weeks long, and it's only the 18th.  

I feel like CSI. 

I believe the red bottles on the left are Serge Normant Dry Oil and Dry Shampoo

The blue might be the Evolvh products

and the single eyeshadows look like the stila single shadows.
exciting!

Yay!  I am ready for March!  March 2012 was good to me BB wise.  7 items to review and it weighed over 1lb!

Yay!  I am ready for March!  March 2012 was good to me BB wise.  7 items to review and it weighed over 1lb!
Oh wow! I bet that was awesome! Maybe they'll follow suit this year? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm excited for March! I still have yet to receive my Feb. box. Birchbox shipped my box to my billing address this month for some reason and my box was forwarded to my local post office. I don't have a way to get there though so hopefully I'll figure that out soon!

Is it just me, or have they finally started sending us bigger samples?  Maybe they've got more of us buying from their store with the pick 2 packs and are making enough money to step up their game a little?

Originally Posted by vogliadivintage /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it just me, or have they finally started sending us bigger samples?  Maybe they've got more of us buying from their store with the pick 2 packs and are making enough money to step up their game a little?
I think this isn't  fair assessment. for the past 26 months the samples have been both large and small, in sort of a random way, since it really depends on the marketing budgets of the companies they partner with that month. 

And the subscription service is what makes up the bulk of their earnings. They have received 12 million in funding, and I believe they have somewhere upwards of 200k subscribers, at $10 a month, is 2 million a month, 24 million a year, I highly doubt the e commerce end of things makes even close to that. 

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think this isn't  fair assessment. for the past 26 months the samples have been both large and small, in sort of a random way, since it really depends on the marketing budgets of the companies they partner with that month. 

And the subscription service is what makes up the bulk of their earnings. They have received 12 million in funding, and I believe they have somewhere upwards of 200k subscribers, at $10 a month, is 2 million a month, 24 million a year, I highly doubt the e commerce end of things makes even close to that. 
I didn't realize all the samples were given to BB for free.  12 million in funding?  

I'd say it's a close call between the revenue of the sub service and their direct commerce business at this point.  I've read that half of the 200k subscribers buy full-sized items.  If that 100k is anything like me, I've definitely spent more in the shop than I have on the subscription service alone.  I imagine their goal is to keep increasing the shop, giving us incentives to spend and to ultimately make that their biggest source of revenue.  

The box is like a fishing tackle to get us to buy.  I've read that since they started they've become the leading retailer of Benta Berry in the states and even one of the leading retailers of Color Club.  They charge $8 a pop for one of those polishes you could probably find elsewhere for cheaper, but you buy it in their shop because you want to reach the limit to get their promotions, and it's a low priced item.  

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just gettin' this thread in my updates :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You know on the bottom of the page, before the reply box there is "unread posts / subscribe / search this thread / preference"? If you click the subscribe, you can set your subscription/notification options and it'll add it to your front page stream.

It's also one way to remove your subscription if you're done following a thread 

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You know on the bottom of the page, before the reply box there is "unread posts / subscribe / search this thread / preference"? If you click the subscribe, you can set your subscription/notification options and it'll add it to your front page stream.

It's also one way to remove your subscription if you're done following a thread 
That is how I go about subscribing to threads, but where is the front page stream? I don't think I'm using this website correctly or to it's full potential.

Okay, now I'm going to have to go back and see what was in my March 2012 box! You have me thinking about that now! LOL

Latest posts

Back