How To Create My Own Mineral Makeup Line?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted a little advice. I'm a woman of color and I'm interested in creating my own mineral makeup line for women of color that has strong pigments and good foundations without the overly red undertones. I've looked at the "Make your own MMU" thread, and honestly, I've attempted it and finding the correct formula for foundations has been VERY difficult for me. I already know where to get micas to make my eyeshadows and things. It's the foundations Im concerned about. Plus I want variety as well (liquids, powder that are sheer matte etc). I guess I'm looking for a bulk manufacturer....any suggestions? 

The thing of it is, if you are looking for foundations in bulk, there aren't many manufacturers that offer that for women of color. I mean there ARE, but they don't really have a large variety in shades. I would recommend EW but again....not a huge variety. I make my own EVERYTHING except for the foundations, I find it to be a hassel....and when I was creating my own...what really through me for a loop was that I was at first making small batches but then when I got more customers......my recipes couldnt be doubled without compromising the pigmentation because lo and behold I was measuring them with measuring cups! Very frustrating.

I would recommend you try Private-label-minerals. I've been using them for my foundations and I just purchase them in bulk and I've been loving the quality and service they provide. They offer private label, bulk, and will even let you customize your own shades for free. They are geared towards manufacturing products for women of color/black women and helping you create your own business. They are honestly, the ONLY company that I know of that offers bulk foundations for women of color and have options (liquid, mousse, cream, powder) other than Monave. Monave was my first choice but Private-label-minerals is cheaper. Their site is private-label-minerals.us and private-label-minerals.com....but you can email at [email protected]

NOW as for labels, eyeshadow, blusher, I would recommend making yourself....unless you just want a finished product. You prob already know about tkb and CS. I've personally been a little miffed by both companies since 1) tkb was a little dry about price matching for me (even though they advertise that they do) and 2) CS CHANGED almost ALL of their oxide formulas! That's another thing, make SURE that you don't get premade brown oxide.....because when the supplier discontinues the product....all your formulas using that oxide will need to be reformulated. 

HIH!

The Conservatorie sells a ton of raw materials for mineral makeup, skin care products etc. They also private label, provide packaging, and labeling I believe. They have some really nice base mixtures for foundations, eyeshadows and other products. I've tried their base formulas, which they sell in bulk & smaller quantities & really like them. I'm not a woman of color, but I do remember them selling quite stew darker shades of premade mineral foundations. Regardless, they sell a lot of oxides and micas, so you could very well mix your own as well. I use Monave's foundations, all of them, and know that their cream/liquid formula are simply their moisturizers mixed with oxides, etc. You could order those moisturizers wholesale - I believe I remember seeing that they sell them that way as I have a wholesale account with them - and mix your own custom shades for your business. Anyways, just some other options :)

Originally Posted by OhMyCurlz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The thing of it is, if you are looking for foundations in bulk, there aren't many manufacturers that offer that for women of color. I mean there ARE, but they don't really have a large variety in shades. I would recommend EW but again....not a huge variety. I make my own EVERYTHING except for the foundations, I find it to be a hassel....and when I was creating my own...what really through me for a loop was that I was at first making small batches but then when I got more customers......my recipes couldnt be doubled without compromising the pigmentation because lo and behold I was measuring them with measuring cups! Very frustrating.

I would recommend you try Private-label-minerals. I've been using them for my foundations and I just purchase them in bulk and I've been loving the quality and service they provide. They offer private label, bulk, and will even let you customize your own shades for free. They are geared towards manufacturing products for women of color/black women and helping you create your own business. They are honestly, the ONLY company that I know of that offers bulk foundations for women of color and have options (liquid, mousse, cream, powder) other than Monave. Monave was my first choice but Private-label-minerals is cheaper. Their site is private-label-minerals.us and private-label-minerals.com....but you can email at [email protected]

NOW as for labels, eyeshadow, blusher, I would recommend making yourself....unless you just want a finished product. You prob already know about tkb and CS. I've personally been a little miffed by both companies since 1) tkb was a little dry about price matching for me (even though they advertise that they do) and 2) CS CHANGED almost ALL of their oxide formulas! That's another thing, make SURE that you don't get premade brown oxide.....because when the supplier discontinues the product....all your formulas using that oxide will need to be reformulated. 

HIH!
Whoa I forgot all about this topic! Just wanted to say thanks SO much for the link to the website. I'm going with the Private Label Minerals line and so far so good. They have a large amount of makeup to make your own product line for black women and hair products too. They are giving me free customization on my makeup and the prices are better than Monave from what I can tell. They have so much to chose from, I may ask private-label-minerals if they can help me create my own natural hair care line and mineral makeup line for women of color/black/African American women. I'm getting them to make a customized liquid foundation for my line. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Latest posts

Back