Benefit Cosmetics Spring 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey
Reaction score
Benefit Cosmetics has released their latest collection for Spring 2013. The Ultra Plush Lip Gloss and Creaseless Cream Shadow are available now.  The Longwear Powder Shadow is scheduled for release in March. The new Hydra-Smooth Lip Color shown won't be released until September. I think the packaging is really cute and can't wait to see how they are!

Source

The collection includes:

Ultra Plush Lip Gloss $16

Shades: lollibop, fauxmance, a-lister, poutrageous, kiss you and icebreaker (clear, not shown)

Creaseless Cream Shadow $20

Shades:

bikini-tini, r.s.v.p. birthday suit

always a bridesmaid, no pressure!, blue my mind

my two cents, bronze have more fun, skinny jeans

Longwear Powder Shadow - coming in March!

Hydra-Smooth Lip Color - coming in September!

(no image available yet)

The packaging is adorable and is the reason I buy benefit products....yet they always disappoint me.

It does look cool, but I feel like benefit is kinda gimmicky like that, the package is better than the actual product.

The colors are really pretty for the eyeshadows I would like to test them out in the store to see how they swatch out but don't think ill be getting any of these items!

I think they are cute, but they just don't have that typical Benefit look to them.

I like their products and could potentially get one of their cream shadows; I have one already but not in this new packaging.  It's adorable.

LOVE the new packaging 
heart.gif

Love benefits packaging!!! I want to try the creaseless cream shadows. I really love cream shadows and these look really nice and have a lot of great colours.

That's super cute packaging!
I already have products similar to those though, so no purchases for me, but they're really adorable.

I agree. Benefit is all about packaging, not quality products. Every product of theirs that I've ever made the mistake of trying was a major letdown. Their stuff is mediocre, at best. Most of their products are very poor for the prices they charge. Not in the slightest bit interested in 2013's rehashed Benefit products. How is any of this stuff truly 'new'?

I agree. Benefit is all about packaging, not quality products. Every product of theirs that I've ever made the mistake of trying was a major letdown. Their stuff is mediocre, at best. Most of their products are very poor for the prices they charge. Not in the slightest bit interested in 2013's rehashed Benefit products. How is any of this stuff truly 'new'?
Aw, I love a lot of Benefit's products. I will agree that some of their products can be overpriced for what they are but I have had positive experiences with several of their items. I like Benefit's Hello Flawless foundation, Boi-ing concealer, and their blushes. I have a few other Benefit products too such as Erase Paste, cream shadows, High Beam, Lemon-Aid, and lip gloss. They are all OK for me but not must haves. The Boi-ing concealer though is my HG, I wish they would put that in some pretty packaging!

Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aw, I love a lot of Benefit's products. I will agree that some of their products can be overpriced for what they are but I have had positive experiences with several of their items. I like Benefit's Hello Flawless foundation, Boi-ing concealer, and their blushes. I have a few other Benefit products too such as Erase Paste, cream shadows, High Beam, Lemon-Aid, and lip gloss. They are all OK for me but not must haves. The Boi-ing concealer though is my HG, I wish they would put that in some pretty packaging!
I love a lot of their stuff too! But yeah, I definitely think that when they fail on a product, they tend to fail in a bad way. I'm just recalling that awful cream to powder foundation they have...ugh. But, their blushes and concealer is awesome!

I love a lot of their stuff too! But yeah, I definitely think that when they fail on a product, they tend to fail in a bad way. I'm just recalling that awful cream to powder foundation they have...ugh. But, their blushes and concealer is awesome!
I recently got a deluxe sized sample of Benefit's cream to powder foundation from Sephora, I forget what it's called but it's the one where the packaging is designed to look like a record tape. I haven't tried it yet, but from what you said I'm guessing it's not very good! The blushes are my faves, I don't wear a lot of blush but when I do Benefit's Sugar Bomb is my go to. I have a few of Benefit's boxed powders and besides liking the way they look on my face they also smell so good!

Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I recently got a deluxe sized sample of Benefit's cream to powder foundation from Sephora, I forget what it's called but it's the one where the packaging is designed to look like a record tape. I haven't tried it yet, but from what you said I'm guessing it's not very good!

The blushes are my faves, I don't wear a lot of blush but when I do Benefit's Sugar Bomb is my go to. I have a few of Benefit's boxed powders and besides liking the way they look on my face they also smell so good!
Who knows, it may work for you! I'm just a very greasy, oily lady, so it slid right off my face. And Sugar Bomb is the best. It's absolutely gorgeous.

Who knows, it may work for you! I'm just a very greasy, oily lady, so it slid right off my face. And Sugar Bomb is the best. It's absolutely gorgeous.
I just remembered, it's called Some Kinda Gorgeous! I don't think I ever had very high hopes for it which is probably why I haven't tried it yet for at least a month. Honestly it looks kind of greasy just in the pan. When I try it I'll let you know what I think.

I love Benefit! I find the makeup perfectly suited for Spring and Summer months or if you live in CA or AZ with all the highlight, peachy/pink/sandy colors they're known for. Love their blush, highlighters and mascaras. I hold on to a lot of their retired stuff too. I put my daily makeup on quickly and keep it natural so it works out for me. Plus they sent me a party package worth $800 last year so I'm pretty much a Benefit lifer and big on presentation! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I prefer buying  Benefit over old lady Estee Lauder makeup or the sourpuss faces over at the MAC counter, if we're talking about pop makeup. I'm so tempted to go on a shopping spree right now.

I think what I like most about Benefit is the number and variety of makeup kits that they put put with travel/deluxe size samples in them.  It is true that they are hit and miss, but with those kits, I am willing to tryout far more of their products, in order to find the products that I really love: Stay Don't Stray, Hoola, Belle Bomba and Erase Paste.

i don't like the packaging at all. the boxes however, are super adorable (the green/white/brown images are boxes, not packaging). the packaging is a pale off-white plastic paired with glass or plastic; they cap and uncap easily. however, it seems like a less creative knock-off of paul and joe packaging, which is super cute to me. also, the products do tend to be hit or miss. i LOVE the cream shadow in skinny jeans but am not really impressed with bronze have more fun, for example.

Latest posts

Back