MAC Rihanna Collection - RiRi [Hearts] MAC

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's nothing new that MAC has launched controversial collections in the past and this is no exception.

There will be 4 different collections called RiRi [Hearts] MAC.

The first product will be RiRi Woo lipstick (inspired by Ruby Woo) that will be released online and at her concert set on May4/5.

Summer (Online): 2 additional lipsticks, Lustre Drops, and a powder blush duo

Fall (In-store): Lipglass version of RiRi Woo, 2 multishade eyeshadow palettes and false lashes

Holiday(On-counter): nail polish, a makeup bag and additional lipsticks

What do you think of this new collection slated to come out sometime in summer/fall 2013?

Source: http://www.wwd.com/beauty-industry-news/color-cosmetics/mac-joins-forces-with-rihanna-6780854?src=nl/newsAlert/20130220-1

I have a feeling this will really hurt my wallet lol. More than Archie's Girls. The packaging is SO CUTE. Hopefully the products inside are worth it. I would hate to pass up on this because the products themselves aren't right for me. I didn't buy a single thing from Marilyn because it was all so dupeable.

Possibly pass as well. Here's a closer look at the collection from her Instagram site.

I'm not a fan of Rihanna but I love the packaging, but I dont think i will purchase

First time in almost a year I´m excited about a collection. Love the quad and the compact!

That brush is super pretty and I like that nude colored eyeshadow in the top right of the quad. But I don't wear the rest of the colors so there would be no point in getting it.

i am actually really excited to see what they both come up with! i definitely have to wait for the color story to make a decision. with all the drama surrounding rihanna and the hype that comes with mac, i will still keep my eye out on this collaboration.

From the first look it looks like it might be pretty nice I'll have to wait to see more from the collections to make a decision.

Are MAC execs drunk launching the blush palette online only? I'm really getting sick of this. Bunch of drunken monkeys.....won't be touching another pre-set eyeshadow palette from them either. The products in them are either sorely over-released, or really bad quality when compared to their single pan eyeshadows. Which themselves are hit & miss as it is. Personally, after my last few run-ins with MAC staff & the new 'company policies' set out by the codgers at the top of the company in charge of screwing things up - at least the new 'company policies' in my area - I find their shoddy treatment of customers more 'contraversial' than Rihanna's personal business. Which is none of ours. People's total lack of respect for others' privacy is really sick & twisted. She doesn't owe anybody an explanation when it comes to her relationships, good or bad.

This collection just isn't exciting me. I mean, the only thing that looks semi-interesting is her cute signature all over everything, but honestly, that lipstick is kinda scaring me! lol As much color and brightness as I've seen her wear, I'm surprised this collection is kinda bland looking.

I think the packaging is really cute!! But I honestly don't need any more nuetral eyeshadow and I don't care for the dark brown lipstick. I think I'll be passing on this collection. 

This collection just isn't exciting me. I mean, the only thing that looks semi-interesting is her cute signature all over everything, but honestly, that lipstick is kinda scaring me! lol As much color and brightness as I've seen her wear, I'm surprised this collection is kinda bland looking.
I have a feeling the lipstick is just going to be a darker Ruby Woo, it is called RiRi Woo afterall. I totally agree though, I wish they would have came out with more bright colors for this. Natural colors are getting boring and everyone has them. It being MAC LE that palette will be an insane price and just not worth it.

Hate Rihanna, lukewarm on MAC. Need almost everything in this kit haha. Might be redundant, but when is a launch date?

Latest posts

Back