Just Starting out on Youtube. Advice, Tips?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I just started a Youtube channel because I LOVE talking about makeup and fashion and want to share it with the world. Sometimes it's hard to know what you should be mindful of when you're filming or talking to people, or even just how to manage your channel.

Does anybody have any tips or steps I can take to make my channel better?

Hi Niyah,

I have been on YouTube a while though am only just starting to put a little more effort into my channel.  You can find it here http://www.youtube.com/amylovebrierly

I've found the YouTube Creator Academy to be very helpful, also watch other YouTubers to assess the way they film and edit things.  I always love watching bloopers!  Everyone makes mistakes, so make you video... post it and accept any feedback you get from them to help improve your channel.  As my channel is still building up I do not get many comments but learn by reading the comments from viewers on other peoples channels.

I think just by recording, posting and learning more about editing as you go will help you in finding your on YouTube style.  A learn as you go kind of approach.  Asking for help is a great start! 

I'd check out your channel but am at work right now and can't access it.  Send me a message and I'll check it out once I get home :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Happy to help you and share.

Amy xx

Latest posts

Back