Beauty Army March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

So I know maybe some of us (including myself) havent gotten the February box but I decided to start this thread! Some/most of you Im sure have your windows open on the 1st. Feel free to link pictures of what you choose!

aw, my window is the 25th! so i haven't even picked mine out yet, haha. monday monday monday.

Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif
9th for me. Such a lifetime away.
9th for me too!  I'm really not excited about the remaining samples, I feel like I've gotten all the cool stuff in my first 3 months... but I'm thinking of dropping this for Starlooks, so it may work out!

Moving this to where it belongs.
smile.gif

mine is the 27th, i have a feeling i'll be skipping though. trying to cut back on samples and i have no need for the skinn color tint thing lol

thanks dalylah! i always seem to create the forums in wrong area sometimes hehe XD

so my selection is today...but it won't show me any of my selections. there is no link for me to click on...this is my second month so i'm not sure where to go. any suggestions?

this is what is says:  

NEXT SELECTION WINDOW

9:00 am PST, February 27, 2013

and i have no way of actually choosing anything...I also never got an email.

I will be getting a box this month. My selection is: Not your mothers hairspray johnathan dirt texturizing paste the cream multiuse blush/lip/eye product the mark red lipgloss (I really liked the honey one) Hothouse flower perfume (it must be good considering all the buzz I hear about it on here) A yes to... facial wipe of some sort. basically I got all the past "one item I liked in the months selection" to show up in the same window!

I'm looking forward to getting the Ineke Hothouse Flower perfume sample - I want to see what all the fuss is about.  I'm also looking forward to trying the Whip Hand Cosmetics Locked & Loaded eyeshadow.  I really like Medal of Honor, which I got last month.  I kept getting Special Forces in my sample options, which I thought was the one I got last month, so I kept refreshing.  Oops.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get all the colors at some point.  I'd like to try Green Baret too.  

How do you guys apply the Whip Hand Cosmetics eye shadows?  The brushes I usually use for eyeshadow don't fit in the container too well and I always end up getting way more on the brush than I wanted.  I don't have any experience using loose pigment eyeshadow.  I have been getting compliments on my eyeshadow when I wear Medal of Honor, but applying it is kind of a PITA.

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you guys apply the Whip Hand Cosmetics eye shadows?  The brushes I usually use for eyeshadow don't fit in the container too well and I always end up getting way more on the brush than I wanted.  I don't have any experience using loose pigment eyeshadow.  I have been getting compliments on my eyeshadow when I wear Medal of Honor, but applying it is kind of a PITA.
Depending on my mood and the look I'm going for....

With a sponge applicator OR a small brush. With pigments I find, for my own looks, that I like patting it on with an applicator versus applying with a brush because I'm still too old school and like my sponge applicators. If I'm applying it as an eyeliner then with a brush. I use a fluffy brush (crease brush) to blend it out.

For loose pigments like that I usually flip the product over so a little gets on the inside cap when I reopen it and apply from there versus dipping my brush in the container. it offers more control of how much product is used and the cap is bigger so you could use a slightly bigger brush

I'm looking forward to getting the Ineke Hothouse Flower perfume sample - I want to see what all the fuss is about.  I'm also looking forward to trying the Whip Hand Cosmetics Locked & Loaded eyeshadow.  I really like Medal of Honor, which I got last month.  I kept getting Special Forces in my sample options, which I thought was the one I got last month, so I kept refreshing.  Oops.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get all the colors at some point.  I'd like to try Green Baret too.   How do you guys apply the Whip Hand Cosmetics eye shadows?  The brushes I usually use for eyeshadow don't fit in the container too well and I always end up getting way more on the brush than I wanted.  I don't have any experience using loose pigment eyeshadow.  I have been getting compliments on my eyeshadow when I wear Medal of Honor, but applying it is kind of a PITA.

Originally Posted by lilsxkitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For loose pigments like that I usually flip the product over so a little gets on the inside cap when I reopen it and apply from there versus dipping my brush in the container. it offers more control of how much product is used and the cap is bigger so you could use a slightly bigger brush
 OH!!!!  I didn't think about putting some in the cap!  I'll try that tomorrow morning.  Thank you!

So I decided to reactive my box this month just because the selection was great :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I haven't bought a box since November so its been a long break. 

Here is what I ended up with (the blush sucked me...yes I have issues)

Oh! Skinn Cosmetics is back! Oh yeah! Love Skinn products (it's Kristi's fault).

I skipped this month, i didn't see anything I like...and the only new thing since my last selection window was the cheek tint :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The Whip Hand colors that I missed out on are popping up in my selection window. I can't decide which one to get though! What are your favorites ladies? Does anyone have pics of swatches of all of them?

Latest posts

Back