Dry Shampoo

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally use baby powder or body powder! Cheaper than dry shampoo, or around the same price, and they last a loooot longer. It may be noticeable if you don't have blonde hair though. Suave or Psssssst, I believe it's called, are amazing. Treseme's is amazing as well.

I've used Psssssst and Batiste.  I prefer Batiste.  When I use Psssssst, I can feel if when I run my hands through my hair, and I can't seem to stop myself from running my hands through my hair when I have stuff in it.  Batiste is less noticeable.

I tried both baby powder and corn starch years ago.  It left my hair looking like a powdered wig.

i agree with the cheap dry shampoos working the best. i've tried Suave, Dove, Oscar Blandi, Bumble & Bumble (for dark hair - left stains everywhere!!!) and probably a few more, hahaha... Dove is by far my favorite. 

I felt like the Tresemme made my hair feel "muddy" after I used it.  I currently use Batiste and I really love it.  After I do a full blow out or my hair is dry, I'll spray a little for some extra volume and it also helps my style last an extra day.  It seems to work because instead of just soaking up the oil that's there, it puts this protective barrier on the clean hair to help it stay non-oily for a little bit longer.

Thanks for all of the suggestions ladies!  I've heard lots of good things about Batiste.  When I was looking on Ulta at it, there are  few different kinds.  I see they have like original, blush, etc.  Anyone know what the differences are between them?

Originally Posted by misschelle025 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for all of the suggestions ladies!  I've heard lots of good things about Batiste.  When I was looking on Ulta at it, there are  few different kinds.  I see they have like original, blush, etc.  Anyone know what the differences are between them?
I also love Batiste, and I believe it's a scent difference except the ones that specifically say that they're colored ("A Hint of Color"). Batiste really refreshes my scalp if it feels a little oily.

I use the blush because I like the scent and I feel it helps to refresh my hair a bit more with that.  I also have medium/dark brown hair and I don't feel like it lightens my hair like some other brands.  I really work it in with my fingers and then I comb it.

Not Your Mother's makes a great one. Redken's is ok. It has a very strong scent. Philip Kingsley's is good too, but also has a very strong fragrance. Oscar Blandi powder works, but it takes a long time to work the white cast out. I think it's better for lighter hair colors. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My concern is, don't you have to brush them out? I have a curly perm, and a brush will frizz it out pretty badly. I'd love to try a dry shampoo (especially nice getting the Klorane in my December Birchbox) but don't want to tear my hair up either. Any suggestions?

My concern is, don't you have to brush them out? I have a curly perm, and a brush will frizz it out pretty badly. I'd love to try a dry shampoo (especially nice getting the Klorane in my December Birchbox) but don't want to tear my hair up either. Any suggestions?
Start with a light spray and then run your fingers through it. In your situation, if your hair is darker, you might want to consider getting one specifically for darker hair since you can't brush it out. The Not Your Mothers brand didn't leave a white cast in my hair today and I just finger combed it through as I had curled my hair the day or so before. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that Dry shampoo should be used really occasionally. It's good if you don't have time to wash your hair before a meeting or a night out, but shouldnt replace a real shampoo

I think that Dry shampoo should be used really occasionally. It's good if you don't have time to wash your hair before a meeting or a night out, but shouldnt replace a real shampoo
Oh yea definitely lol

I have not try to use dry shampoo because I take a shower almost everyday.  I have long dark hair so I need to wash it frequently. But as I heard about it I wanna give a try for occasion. I watched video about doing dry shampoo and it's very easy.  

Latest posts

Back