Sigma brush cleaning glove

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do people actually waste money on something like this?!  It's most definitely a rip off @ $39!!  I guess it's good for the lazies! 
wacko.gif

I actually like the idea behind it, but for $39? I'll pass. I'm hoping it becomes a fad and a cheaper one comes out for $10-$15 from another brand. Then I'd probably buy it. Until then I'll just use my damp sponge.

I just saw this on youtube it's a rip off and 40 bucks for this? NOOT worth it!

I actually like the idea behind it, but for $39? I'll pass. I'm hoping it becomes a fad and a cheaper one comes out for $10-$15 from another brand. Then I'd probably buy it. Until then I'll just use my damp sponge.
A damp sponge? To clean your brushes???

A damp sponge? To clean your brushes???
Yep. I damp a sponge and put drops of baby shampoo on it then clean my brushes with it. I clean them after each use and so far this is the method I like best.

This looks like another one of those Japanese gimmicks, like eye and mascara shields, vibrating make-up sponges and mascara wands. What's wrong with using the palm of your hand to wash brushes? Who ever comes up with an automatic brush washing machine, I am buying it.

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This looks like another one of those Japanese gimmicks, like eye and mascara shields, vibrating make-up sponges and mascara wands.

What's wrong with using the palm of your hand to wash brushes?

Who ever comes up with an automatic brush washing machine, I am buying it.
That would be Koren. His prototype was at IMATS but I'm not sure when his actual one will be out for sale. At this time he hasn't set a price point on it. If you want to do a DIY version get one of those sonic baths for jewelry, PVC pipe to build a "cage" and some thick pipe insulation to cover the PVC then make slits for the brushes to hold again and tip the brushes down into the bath to wash.

One one hand I do see the merit of this type of glove because it can get into the bristles most than just your hands and fingers but at that price - even with a 10% discount from a promo code - it's still pricey at over $35. I'll stick with my Mona Lisa's Pink soap and Koren's soap (it has a loofah) to wash my brushes. If I can get my hands on one of these gloves to try then maybe I'll change my mind OR if I can find one similar for less on EBay or an Asian import store then maybe I'll change my mind again. Basically, it's going to be a pass for me due to the price, if it were $10 or less then I'd get one.

I was just making a general reference with the Japanese comment, as they come out with all the interesting and eyebrow raising fads, gadgets, trends, gimmicks and so on. So you're saying that some one has come up with a brush washing machine??? I was just kidding, but hey... I am all ears on that one.

Yup, someone's made a brush washer machine. LOL I'm kind of regretting not taking a picture of it at IMATS.

LOL, that's too much. But it would certainly look cool on mine or anyone else's make-up station... And then turn it on. Imagine the looks from your chair... I'd be crossing my arms and slowly nodding my head...

Lol! I have a glove similar to this.... for washing my dog. I use my hands, but the damp sponge sounds interesting. I'll try it tomorrow.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they did. I remember seeing something similar at Cosmoprof last year from one of the international vendors. There was one by a company in England that had a glove like the Sigma but used for to detangling hair.

I wouldn't touch this piece of overpriced rubbish with a 10 foot pole. Sigma overcharges for all of their makeup, and now this. Not to mention some of their crappy 'accessories'. Sigma really must think their customers are morons.

I wouldn't touch this piece of overpriced rubbish with a 10 foot pole. Sigma overcharges for all of their makeup, and now this. Not to mention some of their crappy 'accessories'. Sigma really must think their customers are morons.
Brainwashed by youtube 'beauty gurus' is what Sigma counts on and knows their products will sell either way.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol! I have a glove similar to this.... for washing my dog.
LOL!  I was gonna say - I have a grooming glove just like this that I got for my cat - at Petco, and it was about $10!  But I'll save that for keeping his coat shiny - as for my brushes, I do pretty well with mild shampoo and warm water.  
cat.gif

And $39 - that's crazy for a rubber glove with bristles, no matter what you're using it for!

LOL i actually sort of want one.... i wash my brushes very frequently and especially in winter this makes my hands really chapped and uncomfortable.  a glove would be a great solution!  maybe I'll check out my local PetCo and see if they have something similar, hehe.

Latest posts

Back