Beauty Blender Sponge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Where is the best place to get this for the best price/deal? I checked Dermstore and they have free shipping plus gift with purchase...anything better?

For dupes, any drugstore will probably offer one by Soho or a similar brand. At my local TJ Maxx, they have Cynthia Rowley branded ones. For the real deal, you can use major beauty sites like Sephora and whatnot. The prices will be comparable, just depends on where you prefer to shop.

Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wanted to get the actual Beauty Blender brand one...I think I'll just get it from Dermstore because of the free shipping and gift thing. With sephora I'd have to pay shipping.

Did you check beautybar.com? They usually have a 10 or 15 dollar off coupon. If you are a birchbox subscriber, combining a 20% off code and points may get you a better deal than anywhere else.

No, unfortunately I'm not a birchbox subscriber :/ I did order the Beauty Blender sponge today...any tips for using it and keeping it clean would be much appriciated :)I

Definitely make sure you use it wet. Using it dry will produce lackluster results and you'll be confused by why people like it lol....that was an issue I had when I first started using it. For cleaning it, I'm personally very fond of the beauty blender cleanser, and I use it on all of my brushes. 

Nope. If you're experiencing break outs it could be from anything really.

• Beautyblenders are made from natural rubber. If you have an allergy or sensitivity to rubber you maybe allergic.
  • Beautyblender dupes may be made from latex. If you're using a dupe check to see if it's latex especially if you have sensitivity or allergy to it.
  • The Beautyblender must be washed after each use. Soap and water will work.
  • Check your foundations and concealers to make sure nothing is expired or spoiled. Even if it's not expired it's possible for foundation - especially liquids and creams - to go bad due to cross contamination or improper storage.
  • Make sure your hands are clean before applying makeup.

typo

I'm one of the people who bought the Beauty Blenders and found them utterly useless. Mine also leak pink dye every time I washed them. Too bad you already ordered. I would've sold you my one unused one for $15. I bought a set of two and only tried out one. I still have the packaging as well. Should probably put it up for sale as its been sitting here useless for quite a while.

Has anyone attempted to use these with any whipped foundations? My daily now is Colorstay Whipped and I'm super grossed out using fingers.

Definitely make sure you use it wet. Using it dry will produce lackluster results and you'll be confused by why people like it lol....that was an issue I had when I first started using it. For cleaning it, I'm personally very fond of the beauty blender cleanser, and I use it on all of my brushes. 
Lol thank you for this information! !! I didn't know to wet it first. .. I bought a dupe at cvs a few weeks ago didnt know to wet it first and thought to myself how useless it was. Can't wait to use it properly now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has anyone attempted to use these with any whipped foundations? My daily now is Colorstay Whipped and I'm super grossed out using fingers.
I use that exact foundation and usually stipple it inn, but haven't had issues when I used my beauty blender sponge. They work fantastic for cream and liquid foundations.

Just use common sense in regards to replacing it. I'm sure the company would tell you to replace it every month so you buy more. That would be ridiculous. If it starts falling apart/smelling like skanky socks, growing mushrooms etc, toss it.

Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just use common sense in regards to replacing it. I'm sure the company would tell you to replace it every month so you buy more. That would be ridiculous. If it starts falling apart/smelling like skanky socks, growing mushrooms etc, toss it.
iagree.gif

I love my Beauty Blender and I use Purity to clean  mine, it's the only thing that removes those horrible foundation stains...

Back