Topbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
who is subscribing to it and how do you like it so far with their new format of Prive boxes as well as their standard offerings?

I think its exciting. I like the surprise. I chose a Prive box last month. This month I did not.

I'm excitedly awaiting for March Topbox.  Here's a pic of what I got in my February Topbox which ended up being the Prive box for benefit cosmetics :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Still waiting for my first box!! I just got off the waiting list! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Opted for the regular bag because I didn't really like any of the Prive Box options.

Found out about the contents of the March regular box on this girl's instagram:
625ae9ce881911e2ae2622000a1fb7e1_7.jpg

I absolutely love Topbox. I basically subscribe to every box that I can get in Canada and Topbox is always on the top of my favourite list. Last month I got the prive Benefit box which was amazing, and this month I'm just getting the regular box. I love that they're trying new things with the Prive boxes and that you can kind of choose which box you'd prefer to get. Also, their customer service is pretty damn nice - especially against some of the other boxes in Canada. The samples they provide are pretty nice as well, If I remember correctly I think I was only disappointed one month (and I've been with top box since their second box - so over a year) and I still ended up using all the items I thought I was disappointed with. Also at 12$ a month (monthly subscription) they're the cheapest box you can get here.

Originally Posted by melodyyy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Still waiting for my first box!! I just got off the waiting list! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Opted for the regular bag because I didn't really like any of the Prive Box options.

Found out about the contents of the March regular box on this girl's instagram:
625ae9ce881911e2ae2622000a1fb7e1_7.jpg

Looks amazing! I would SO be on the waiting list if I were in CA!

I have gotten every Topbox since they started out.

Customer service is good and I like that they charge you just before they send out your package, so you are not trapped in some subscription that might run with your money (Glymm, Glossybox scandal).

I like how Topbox also has Canadian brands quite often!

I'm not always thrilled with everything I get, but do use or share items with family or friends.

I like Topbox. Usually smaller samples but higher price point brands. I loved my Benefit prive box from last month. I can't wait until Monday for my box! I've seen a couple of spoilers on Instagram.

My Topbox this month (February 2014) included four products, one of which was an old Essie nail polish from their Fall 2012 collection and another being a three-dollar (full size!) lip balm in grape flavor.  Definitely not luxurious!  I also had a terrible "beauty surprise" last month.  I've seen some other blog posts for this month and it looks like they were just clearing out their warehouse and sending old junk to everyone.  Lots of people got Cuccio polishes (the same shades that went out in December 2013) and I saw a lot of people receiving a B. Kamins cream that went out in February 2013

I would cancel but they charged me for March a week ago, so I'm stuck with it for another month. 

Quote: Originally Posted by lgandab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My Topbox this month (February 2014) included four products, one of which was an old Essie nail polish from their Fall 2012 collection and another being a three-dollar (full size!) lip balm in grape flavor.  Definitely not luxurious!  I also had a terrible "beauty surprise" last month.  I've seen some other blog posts for this month and it looks like they were just clearing out their warehouse and sending old junk to everyone.  Lots of people got Cuccio polishes (the same shades that went out in December 2013) and I saw a lot of people receiving a B. Kamins cream that went out in February 2013

I would cancel but they charged me for March a week ago, so I'm stuck with it for another month. 
My box is entirely different.

But I can't believe they actually sent me a Zyderma cream......lol (great product,but I just bought a bunch and do use it. tempted to give the bottle to my sister.....but also might save it for myself....).

My Topbox had:

Estee Lauder double ended mascara and lipgloss in rock candy.

So susan pore luminizer, full size (15g).

Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream 25ml tube

Zyderma 30ml bottle

Zyderma is pretty good and now on my list of must have products.
I did a couple of before and after pics for the company and got a couple bottles from that,but also have placed a couple orders for their product.

(I have a review w pics of my elbow on my blog, and just sent them a after pic of my knees...).
Also do use some of their cream on my face and it helped w some skin damage I had...but I'm not doing a before/after of my jawline- even though the product did work amazingly well....

Also just remembered in my Topbox got a travel size Lancome mascara. strange how I got 2 mascaras??

What brand is the grape lip balm? grape sounds good but lousy that it is a $3 item...

Last month I got the Benefit box. This month I got the old Essie nail polish, a tiny tube of Skiin skin tightening cream, Epic Blend Hemp lip balm in Vanilla and a lip and cheek pencil. Not bad but not great. 

There is the $10 beauty surprise add on this month. I just got the email and ordered one. January's add on, for me, wasn't the greatest but I'll chance it again. I'm hoping that they adjusted how the system works to implement certain suggestions from January. Anyone else ordered the beauty surprise?

I was really tempted, but then I'm already getting the regular topbox and have so many unopened full size and samples I have to p ass.

But so curious what is being sent out.

Also did anyone else have a problem with the So Susan luminizer? 

There is a crack near the cap of my tube and the product comes out of that too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I put the tube in a ziplok bag so it will not dry out...but kind of hard to use now.

Topbox said they would send me a replacement sample in March!

Also Topbox related. If you got the Zyderma cream, on the Zyderma Facebook page there is a before and after of my elbow and knees I did for the company (they did send me some product....but I also  do buy some of their product as well......).

I hope the March Topbox will be really good!

Slightly dissapointed w the Feb one as there was no Valentines day mention even....even paper with hearts would have been cute.....

Just got my Topbox today! I didn't even get a tracking number yet. This is definitely a first because my box usually arrives later than everyone else. Here's what I received: - Clinique Superprimer Face Primer (only a small 5ml sample) - Belvada Cosmetics Blackhead Facial Mask (received two sachets) - Lashem 3-in-1 Eye Bright (received a full sized 15ml product which is worth $40) - Miracle 10 Skincare Rich Moisture (received a 15ml deluxe sized sample) Overall, I was happy with my box. Although at first I was a bit disappointed. Later, I took a minute to think about the box and realized that I could actually use/needed all of these products. This could be the result that I updated my profile just last month! I really needed a new eye cream and facial moisturizer. I would have loved the box more if the Clinique sample was bigger. For only $12/box, this month was definitely worth the price paid. What did everyone else get in their Topbox?

Also, I purchased the beauty surprise add-on. I received a Stila Lip Glaze in Raspberry. I wasn't too excited and only felt neutral about this product. I believe it's mainly because Lip Factory spoils us with multiple lip products. So I already got my lip products fix :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . Anyways, I can't complain because I only paid $10 for the add-on and the lip glaze is worth $29 at Sephora. Did anyone else purchase the beauty surprise?

- Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey.  I'm happy but shocked at how downmarket Clinique's packaging has gone since I last bought this product a decade or so ago.  Unless they cheapened the packaging for beauty boxes.

- Belvada Cosmetics Blackhead Facial Mask.  Not on the Belvada website and I am suspicious of this brand.

- Lashem Picture Perfect Instant Wrinkle Remover.  I've tried Nanoblur and not seen significant results; this seems similar.  I don't have wrinkles yet but I do want to even out my skin tone.  We'll see.

- Benefit Bad Gal Lash.  This is a duplicate as I received it in my January box.

And my $10 beauty surprise was...

Benefit Bad Gal Lash!

I'm not joking!  It was full-size this time, but seriously?  Two tubes in one box, plus one in January!  If I liked it that much I would buy it; I want to try NEW things in a Topbox.

Topbox has promised to remedy the situation, however.  I will update!

- Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey.  I'm happy but shocked at how downmarket Clinique's packaging has gone since I last bought this product a decade or so ago.  Unless they cheapened the packaging for beauty boxes. - Belvada Cosmetics Blackhead Facial Mask.  Not on the Belvada website and I am suspicious of this brand. - Lashem Picture Perfect Instant Wrinkle Remover.  I've tried Nanoblur and not seen significant results; this seems similar.  I don't have wrinkles yet but I do want to even out my skin tone.  We'll see. - Benefit Bad Gal Lash.  This is a duplicate as I received it in my January box. And my $10 beauty surprise was... Benefit Bad Gal Lash! I'm not joking!  It was full-size this time, but seriously?  Two tubes in one box, plus one in January!  If I liked it that much I would buy it; I want to try NEW things in a Topbox. Topbox has promised to remedy the situation, however.  I will update!
That's horrible! I hope next month will be better. In regards to the lipstick, I agree that the packaging is cheap. Then again I haven't purchased the full sized one to compare. Also, isn't this product a repeat of what they offered in one of the summer 2013 boxes? I haven't tried any products from Belvada or Lashem yet. I wonder if the products are any good. To be honest, I haven't even heard of those brands prior to Topbox. I hope it won't disappoint. Will they replace your beauty surprise as well? I hope that you'll get to try something different (because of the multiple repeats). I wonder what were the variations of the beauty surprise. So far: Stila lip glaze, Benefit Badgal mascara, and Cover FX primer. I'm sure there's more but not many people have posted what they received. When topbox first offered this promo, the products were really good. It's unfortunate that I missed out the first time.

Thought I should update as Topbox "resolved" the situation.  I posted earlier that I received three tubes of Benefit Bad Gal Lash mascara from Topbox (a mini in January, a mini in March, and a full-size as my beauty surprise in March). Today I received the replacement products: TWO PRIMERS. It looks like the mini mascara was replaced by a Pari primer (super-shimmy, called an "eyeshadow enhancer" and recommended for use on the face AND body???) and the full-size beauty surprise version was replaced with a Cover FX Anti-Aging Primer, which is actually ANOTHER duplicate as I received the same product in September 2013.

Latest posts

Back