The French Valentines GlossyBox ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi!  What do you think about the french Valentines GlossyBox ?

What is the difference with the U.S. glossybox? In your opinion? 
heart.gif

Exemple:

Salut Fleur de Soleil!

Thank you for posting the video of the French Valentine's box.Ii blieve the UK box was sismilar, I had seen the cute bow on front of the box before. Our box in the US was supposed to be an international theme this month. Some subsribers seem to enjoy theirs but I also read a lot of negative comments. you can find them in the Glossy Box US 2013 February thread. I got a silver eye liner (this came in several colors), cheetah print nail appliques (those polish stickers), a bulgari soap, a spt treatment for your face (some others got the hydrating 'snail mask') and a highlighting powder in a brown tone. Personally I was not very excited about the products but I guess the concept is to try to learn about new products.
wink.gif

A bientot!

K

Omg french sounds so awesome <3 

Your box is SO pretty! Love the fact they used a different design for the box for Valentine's day!

Glossybox Canada got the shower gel as well.

Love your outfit!

Glossybox France seems so much better than US :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hello Sunflowercake and BeautyMadaness ! 

Merci beaucoup d'avoir répondu à mon post, cela me fait très plaisir ! Et je suis contente que vous ayez aimé la vidéo et la Glossybox française ! Je ne sais pas si vous avez compris quelque chose ? Est ce que vous parlez un peu français ?

Thank you for responding to my post, I'm very happy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm glad that you enjoy the video and the french glossybox !

But maybe we prefer box from others countries (like me who found your GB great!). I don't know if you have understand something from what I said in the video ? Do you speak a little bit french ?

Je m'appelle Victoria et j'habite à Montpellier (dans le sud de la France), je suis actuellement étudiante en chimie en 2ème année de licence et je voudrais travailler dans la parfumerie. J'ai d'ailleurs fait un stage à Guerlain à Paris d'un mois !

I'm Victoria and I live in Montpellier (in the south of France), I'm currently a student in chemistry and I would like to work in perfums. I've worked a month for Guerlain in Paris :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Je commence tout juste mon blog et ma chaîne ! Je suis très contente de discuter avec des anglophones ! 

I'm just started my blog and my Youtube channel and I'm glad to discuss with english-speaking people !

Sunflowercake Je pense que tu as raison, GlossyBox va s'améliorer ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Ceci dit je pense que l'on préfère toujours ce qu'ont eu les autres (moi par exemple je trouve votre box très bien !). Je trouve très sympa que tu aies écrit quelques mots en français :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Si ce n'est pas indiscret, dans quelle région/pays habites-tu ? Et qu'est ce que tu fais dans la vie ?

I think that you are right, GlossyBox will improve itself ! And I really appreciate that you write a couple for words in french :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If it's not too intrusive, I would like to know in which country do you live ?  And what are you doing in life ?

beautymadn3ss Pour moi le français est ma langue maternelle donc je n'arrive pas à juger de la beauté des sons. En revanche, j'adore l'anglais/l'américain et je suis fascinée lorsque quelqu'un parle ! J'ai vu que tu habites à New York, je trouve ça génial, ça me fait penser à Sex and the City. D'ailleurs que penses-tu de cette série ? Est-ce que ces séries tournées à NY sont "réalistes" ?

For me french is my native language so i can't judge only the sound..However English sounds are amazing to me ! I'm fascinated when someone speak ! I saw that you live in NY I think it's amazing ! It makes me think about Sex & the City, although what do you think about it ? Are these series (filmed in NY like Gossip Girl) "realistics" ?

I'm really sorry for all the mistakes I make (don't hesitate to correct me) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Bisous !

Xoxo

Oh, ça fait du bien de voir un autre français ici!   vous me donner l'envie d'essayer la glossybox francais!

Quand je vivais en Amérique, j'ai eu l'glossbox américain, c'était pas mal mais je pense que je préfère le glossybox français dans la vidéo. ^^

Originally Posted by Fleur De Soleil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Merci beaucoup d'avoir répondu à mon post, cela me fait très plaisir ! Et je suis contente que vous ayez aimé la vidéo et la Glossybox française ! Je ne sais pas si vous avez compris quelque chose ? Est ce que vous parlez un peu français ?

Thank you for responding to my post, I'm very happy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm glad that you enjoy the video and the french glossybox !

But maybe we prefer box from others countries (like me who found your GB great!). I don't know if you have understand something from what I said in the video ? Do you speak a little bit french ?

Je m'appelle Victoria et j'habite à Montpellier (dans le sud de la France), je suis actuellement étudiante en chimie en 2ème année de licence et je voudrais travailler dans la parfumerie. J'ai d'ailleurs fait un stage à Guerlain à Paris d'un mois !

I'm Victoria and I live in Montpellier (in the south of France), I'm currently a student in chemistry and I would like to work in perfums. I've worked a month for Guerlain in Paris :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Je commence tout juste mon blog et ma chaîne ! Je suis très contente de discuter avec des anglophones ! 

I'm just started my blog and my Youtube channel and I'm glad to discuss with english-speaking people !

Sunflowercake Je pense que tu as raison, GlossyBox va s'améliorer ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Ceci dit je pense que l'on préfère toujours ce qu'ont eu les autres (moi par exemple je trouve votre box très bien !). Je trouve très sympa que tu aies écrit quelques mots en français :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Si ce n'est pas indiscret, dans quelle région/pays habites-tu ? Et qu'est ce que tu fais dans la vie ?

I think that you are right, GlossyBox will improve itself ! And I really appreciate that you write a couple for words in french :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If it's not too intrusive, I would like to know in which country do you live ?  And what are you doing in life ?

beautymadn3ss Pour moi le français est ma langue maternelle donc je n'arrive pas à juger de la beauté des sons. En revanche, j'adore l'anglais/l'américain et je suis fascinée lorsque quelqu'un parle ! J'ai vu que tu habites à New York, je trouve ça génial, ça me fait penser à Sex and the City. D'ailleurs que penses-tu de cette série ? Est-ce que ces séries tournées à NY sont "réalistes" ?

For me french is my native language so i can't judge only the sound..However English sounds are amazing to me ! I'm fascinated when someone speak ! I saw that you live in NY I think it's amazing ! It makes me think about Sex & the City, although what do you think about it ? Are these series (filmed in NY like Gossip Girl) "realistics" ?

I'm really sorry for all the mistakes I make (don't hesitate to correct me) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Bisous !

Xoxo
I guess we always think the grass is greener on the other side ^^ So maybe that's why your box looks better than ours XD

:eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Oh wow you worked for Guerlain! That  sounds so awesome!!Also I want to go to school for chemistry ^^

Yeah I do live in NY, sadly I don't live in the city :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love Sex & the City and Gossip Girl! Can't really tell if they are so realistic, though I do know there are a lot of rich girls in the city, so I guess to some extend it might be. 

Hi!  What do you think about the french Valentines GlossyBox ?

What is the difference with the U.S. glossybox? In your opinion? 
heart.gif

Exemple:
That was a great box!

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess we always think the grass is greener on the other side ^^ So maybe that's why your box looks better than ours XD

:eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Oh wow you worked for Guerlain! That  sounds so awesome!!Also I want to go to school for chemistry ^^

Yeah I do live in NY, sadly I don't live in the city :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love Sex & the City and Gossip Girl! Can't really tell if they are so realistic, though I do know there are a lot of rich girls in the city, so I guess to some extend it might be. 
I lived in NYC most of my life Brooklyn and Queens. I would say there is some reality to these shows but not the average NYC girl. We have a lot less money lol.

I get both the American and the German Glossybox. So far I have gotten better products from the German Glossybox. Here is a picture of my

February Glossybox from Germany.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I lived in NYC most of my life Brooklyn and Queens. I would say there is some reality to these shows but not the average NYC girl. We have a lot less money lol.
Oh of course not MOST people is rich, but there are some socialites and rich girls :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> not most of them are, likely they are a minority, but they still exist XD

How fun to see the German Glossybox!! I am originally from Germany and I have not looked into the German versions yet. my mom sends me a lot of products from Ives Rocher. For the most part I like their scents.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I get both the American and the German Glossybox. So far I have gotten better products from the German Glossybox. Here is a picture of my

February Glossybox from Germany.

Salut Victoria!

Je m'apelle Katrin et je suis d'Allemagne mais je vis aux états-unis aux St. Louis -Missouri. Je travails dans un hotel ici....I sell hotel rooms to groups...ce s'appele 'sales manager'.

J'ai la famille en France mais mon francais c'est pas tres bien. J'ai un cousin aux Montpellier et famille aux Chartres. Mais il y a une ile qui j'aime en France : l'ile d'Oleron. C'est tres tranquille! Mes parents, mon frere et moi viens la tous les etes et je viens la avec mon mari pour notre voyage de noces.

J'aime le glossybox ici mais je veux decouvrir le glossybox a France aussi. Je vais me abonner a ta chaine!

-je suis desole - ma fracais n'est pas parfait :)

A bientot!

Katrin

Bisous !

Xoxo

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How fun to see the German Glossybox!! I am originally from Germany and I have not looked into the German versions yet. my mom sends me a lot of products from Ives Rocher. For the most part I like their scents.
I have not tried too many things from Ives Rocher, seems like a good brand. Any product that you can recommend? What part of Germany are you from? I live in Stuttgart. 

Hello Everyone ! 

Hello Kitten ! I didn't know that we can try the Glossybox from other countrie than our ! It looks like we can because JC327 received several boxes !

I made an other video for the January Glossybox and I will do a video for the next 4 months so you'll can see the difference :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hy BeautyMadness ! "Also I want to go to school for chemistry" You want to work in chemistry or just study it ? And yeah I've worked for Guerlain 1 months, it was amazing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Is Guerlain a famous brand in the US ? I though that It was not really known.

Hallo JC327, like i said to Kitten I didn't know that we can try a box from other countrie ? And Yes it was a nice box ! Especially the shower gel ! Gorgeous smell !

Your German GlossyBox looks really nice ! You live in Stuttgart, it's a beautiful town isn't it ?

Coucou SunFlowerCake ! Merci pour ton long post en français cela m'a fait très plaisir ! Tu t'exprimes très bien ! Simplement quelques petites erreurs mais tout français te comprendrait ! Les quelques fautes que tu fais sont surtout les accents ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Salut Victoria!

Je m'appelle Katrin et je viens d'Allemagne mais je vis aux Etats-Unis à St. Louis -Missouri. Je travaille dans un hôtel ici....I sell hotel rooms to groups...ça s'appelle 'sales manager'. (Je vends des chambres d'hôtel à des entreprises/compagnies)

J'ai de la famille en France mais mon français c'est pas très bon. J'ai un cousin à Montpellier et de la famille à Chartres. Mais il y a une île que j'aime en France : l'île d'Oleron. C'est très tranquille! Mes parents, mon frère et moi allons là-bas tous les étés et je vais/suis allée là-bas avec mon mari pour notre voyage de noces.

J'aime la glossybox américaine mais je veux découvrir la glossybox française aussi. Je vais m'abonner à ta chaîne!

-je suis désolée - mon français n'est pas parfait :)

À bientôt!

Katrin
St Louis est je crois une ville très jolie, il me semble qu'elle est jumelée avec Montpellier (j'ai failli partir là-bas étudier). Pour ce qui est de l'ÃŽle d'Orelon je connaissais mais uniquement de nom !! Ceci dit Google vient de m'apprendre que c'est là-bas que se trouve Ford Boyard x (si tu ne connais pas, il s'agit d'un jeu télévisé). 

Merci beaucoup de d'être abonnée à ma chaîne :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ! Es hat mich sehr gefreut !

Bis Bald !

Once my GB subscription ended I've chosen to test the "JolieBox" for 6 months too. Did you have a JolieBox in the US / in Germany / in the world :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ?

I'm going to do an other video about nail art (but i just can't decide what to do, which color to chose...) ! 

xx

Hello Everyone ! 

Hello Kitten ! I didn't know that we can try the Glossybox from other countrie than our ! It looks like we can because JC327 received several boxes !

I made an other video for the January Glossybox and I will do a video for the next 4 months so you'll can see the difference :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Once my GB subscription ended I've chosen to test the "JolieBox" for 6 months too. Did you have a JolieBox in the US ? Or in Germany ?

Hy BeautyMadness ! "Also I want to go to school for chemistry" You want to work in chemistry or just study it ? And yeah I've worked for Guerlain 1 months, it was amazing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Is Guerlain a famous brand in the US ? I though that It was not really known.

Hallo JC327, like i said to Kitten I didn't know that we can try a box from other countrie ? And Yes it was a nice box ! Especially the shower gel ! Gorgeous smell !

Your German GlossyBox looks really nice ! You live in Stuttgart, it's a beautiful town isn't it ?

Coucou SunFlowerCake ! Merci pour ton long post en français cela m'a fait très plaisir ! Tu t'exprimes très bien ! Simplement quelques petites erreurs mais tout français te comprendrait ! Les fautes principales que tu fais sont justes les accents ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

St Louis est je crois une ville très jolie, il me semble qu'elle est jumelée avec Montpellier (j'ai failli partir là-bas étudier). Pour ce qui est de l'ÃŽle d'Orelon je connaissais mais uniquement de nom !! Ceci dit Google vient de m'apprendre que c'est là-bas que se trouve Ford Boyard x (si tu ne connais pas, il s'agit d'un jeu télévisé). 

Merci beaucoup de d'être abonnée à ma chaîne :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ! Es hat mich sehr gefreut !

Bis Bald !

I'm going to do an other video about nail art (but i just can't decide what to do, which color to chose...) !

xx
Bonjour Victoria:

The US glossybox cannot be sent to me in Germany, my mom lives in the US and I have it sent there. Its a good opportunity to try both boxes and

make an oppinion on them. I love living in Stuttgart it is a beautiful city. I have been to Paris and Strasbourg and would love to explore more places in France. Any place, food or activity you can recommend?

JC327, in France there are a lots of thing ! Depends on your style :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But I can recommend you some places like "Le Mont Saint Michel", it's really near the ocean (so don't go there in winter !).

Le Mont Saint Michel, France

In another style, there is Menton, Cannes, Saint Tropez.. it's really sunny, there is a lots of boat, beach...but Menton is maybe more "typic".

Menton, France

And of course, the Châteaux of the Loire Valley 

Châteaux of the Loire Valley, France (here is Chambord)

There is also Saint Malo, it's a town near the ocean,

Saint Malo, France

Carcassonne is a beautiful medieval town, and its fireworks are well knowned

And a lots of other things ! Tell me if you want more informations ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Carcassonne, France 

Hello Everyone ! 

Coucou SunFlowerCake ! Merci pour ton long post en français cela m'a fait très plaisir ! Tu t'exprimes très bien ! Simplement quelques petites erreurs mais tout français te comprendrait ! Les quelques fautes que tu fais sont surtout les accents ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Bis Bald !

Once my GB subscription ended I've chosen to test the "JolieBox" for 6 months too. Did you have a JolieBox in the US / in Germany / in the world :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ?

xx
Both ^^ their makeup is known, pricey though XD

JC327, in France there are a lots of thing ! Depends on your style :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But I can recommend you some places like "Le Mont Saint Michel", it's really near the ocean (so don't go there in winter !).

In another style, there is Menton, Cannes, Saint Tropez.. it's really sunny, there is a lots of boat, beach...but Menton is maybe more "typic".

Menton, France

Saint Malo, France

And a lots of other things ! Tell me if you want more informations ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Carcassonne, France 
Thank you for all your great recommendations! I will look more into these places. Also any good food you can recommend?

Hy JC317 ! 

I can recommend you lots of thing because in France every places have "regional specialities". For example, in the north (near Belgium), we eat lots of a Maroilles Cheese.

I personally put the cheese on slices of bread in the oven. Toast the bread and cheese melts. I eat it with a salad and fries. You can drink Belgian beer with. It is delicious: p Otherwise, the cassoulet of Castelnaudary is very good. The veal stew, the stew, beef Bourguignon, steak frites, mussels and chips, pot au feu, aligot (specialty of the Auvergne), the "Quiche Lorraine" ... In France, there are so many dishes! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Juste try some meets :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Menton, France

Saint Malo, France

Carcassonne, France 
omg I die :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I so want to tour around Europe for like a year or something! Some day...I guess XD

Latest posts

Back