Playedinloops

The confessional/oops I slipped up thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitlin1209 View Post

The body butter was only like $4 instead of the usual $15 so it could have been worse! You are the best cheerleader :)

Heeeee! I try :) No, seriously, you did awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSquared View Post

I can't decide if my January no buy sucked or was ok. Part of my New Years goals was $50/month at sephora. January's rule was no makeup. Total for the month, I spent $25 at sephora, but then dropped $44 at ulta, so slightly over my goal.

For makeup, I bought the UD Naked skin powder, and picked up an eyeliner at sephora today to get samples I wanted. The rest of the money was skin care.

So that SOUNDS like massive fail, but I honestly owned ZERO pressed powders so I had no way to touch up when I was at work. And the eyeliner was paid for with a gift card I found in my purse and had forgotten about....maybe I'm just enabling myself.

Not sure if I feel proud or lame yet. I will say I bought FAR less than normal and abandoned many, many carts full of makeup on various sites. I'm trying to remind myself "just because you have money doesn't mean you have to spend it".

We can only take it a day at a time, and look at it this way - the year's just beginning, you still have 11 more whole months to do great with your goals. Also, I think your last two sentences summed it up -- baby steps. So yes, you bought a pressed powder that sounds like you needed, and ulta was a minor slip up, but think of all the other hundreds of dollars' worth of carts you were able to walk away from. If you actually need something, there's no reason to feel lame for getting it. No buys or low buys are not meant to be self inflicted floggings when we actually acquire something, especially because we need it. It's about finding balance and not draining out bank accounts due to impulse. If you ask me, you did just fine :) 

This week I slipped and purchased some non-beauty goodies for work. A stethoscope ($75), a pair of cute compression socks ($10), and a new pair of work shoes ($60). In all fairness one of my favorite pairs of work shoes have needed to be thrown away but I was putting it off.

Oh wait. I forgot to mention the cute moccasins ($30) that I bought when I went to buy my work shoes. No excuse for that!

Okay, so I told myself that starting 2014, I will go on a yearlong no-buy...And this month, I bought 3 new items :( Bless me father, for I have sinned.

So, I slipped up last night and went to Ulta (didn't get anything, but now want to buy lots of stuff!) and TJMaxx and I bought $36 worth of stuff- some gummi bears, some shortbread cookies, a cute purse by Nine West that I can turn into a belt bag, and some rosehip oil.

I also bought on Ebay for $132  three VS yoga bras, some Nike running pants, and a running jacket by Nike.

Why? Because I found out my husband wants a divorce. I'm supposed to be on a no-buy from now through February. But I guess.... well, we'll see what happens and how strong I can be. I feel like the running gear will help be get into shape and focus on that and maybe not so much on makeup and spending on other 'things'. I definitely don't need more 'stuff' if I'm going to have to move out. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19ten20 View Post

This week I slipped and purchased some non-beauty goodies for work. A stethoscope ($75), a pair of cute compression socks ($10), and a new pair of work shoes ($60). In all fairness one of my favorite pairs of work shoes have needed to be thrown away but I was putting it off.

Oh wait. I forgot to mention the cute moccasins ($30) that I bought when I went to buy my work shoes. No excuse for that!

Hey, your purchases seem necessary to me, except the cute moccasins, but hopefully they add some cheer to your days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroneko View Post

Okay, so I told myself that starting 2014, I will go on a yearlong no-buy...And this month, I bought 3 new items :( Bless me father, for I have sinned.

Hehe, this made me giggle.

Quote:

I just slipped up again. This time for about $100. I bought some Gelish gel nail polish products so I can do my own nails. However, I did this as a "reward" for working my first day of the season. It was a 23 hour shift!

Hey, a 23 hour shift? Wow, congratulations on getting through it! You rock. Are you a nurse or a doctor or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastofthesun View Post

So, I slipped up last night and went to Ulta (didn't get anything, but now want to buy lots of stuff!) and TJMaxx and I bought $36 worth of stuff- some gummi bears, some shortbread cookies, a cute purse by Nine West that I can turn into a belt bag, and some rosehip oil.

I also bought on Ebay for $132  three VS yoga bras, some Nike running pants, and a running jacket by Nike.

Why? Because I found out my husband wants a divorce. I'm supposed to be on a no-buy from now through February. But I guess.... well, we'll see what happens and how strong I can be. I feel like the running gear will help be get into shape and focus on that and maybe not so much on makeup and spending on other 'things'. I definitely don't need more 'stuff' if I'm going to have to move out. :(

Oh my gosh, honey!  I am so sorry!  I really hope everything works out for you (even if right now it's not clear what the end result will be).  Lots of hugs, and we're all here for you!

Quote:

Hey, your purchases seem necessary to me, except the cute moccasins, but hopefully they add some cheer to your days!

Hehe, this made me giggle.

Hey, a 23 hour shift? Wow, congratulations on getting through it! You rock. Are you a nurse or a doctor or something?

I am a respiratory therapy. I work in hospitals and with hospice patients.

Oh I forgot to mention on here that I bought 4 new Mac lip products. Those huggable lip colors are evil! Now I am in the process of blocking all the tempting sites from my computer. Now, just avoiding the stores. I almost bought eyeshadow at Claires when I went to get a purse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylilee View Post
@eastofthesun Oh sweetie :( *hugs* Hang in there. 

Quote:

@eastofthesun

I'm sorry for your bad news. I hope that simplifying your life will help you get through these bad times and help you reach your goals of less makeup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

Oh my gosh, honey!  I am so sorry!  I really hope everything works out for you (even if right now it's not clear what the end result will be).  Lots of hugs, and we're all here for you!

Hey ladies, thanks for the support! It's really nice to read. You are all my friends in discipline, heheh!

I still don't know what's going to happen exactly yet... it's kind of all  up in the air and just awful. Anyway, I'm strong and I can get through this.

Thanks!

Quote:

Hey ladies, thanks for the support! It's really nice to read. You are all my friends in discipline, heheh!

I still don't know what's going to happen exactly yet... it's kind of all  up in the air and just awful. Anyway, I'm strong and I can get through this.

Thanks!

Yes you are. Keep your chin up. We'll be here for you! 

Quote:

Thanks!

You are very brave, I wish you all the strength in the world. Lot's of love :hug:

I slipped up a little, I bought a nailpolish when I was shopping with my mum in germany, it was cheap and I won't get anymore, but I am very happy with the shade I got so I don't really feel I slipped up. But I also orderd a eyeshadow quad and some bb cream samples. I really shouldn't have ordered the quad, because I have plenty of eyeshadow. It has been a sucky week and I didn't care anymore about my resolutions, so I ordered it anyway.

Even though I slipped up, I refuse to feel guilty. As long as I don't fall back into a shopping addiction I think I should be able to buy something nice for myself.

I bought something today. My last purchase was in October. I had used all my BB points on Chuao chocolate bars for Valentine's Day. Today I got a 25% code for being with BB for 16 months.

I bought:

Revealed Palette $34

Chauo Firecracker Bar $6.00

Mystery Pack (Free with $35 purchase)

So with discount and free shipping I spent a total of $30. Getting back on the wagon.

Hey girls, I have definitely gone off track with my no buy :(

I was so good through December and January, but I just NEEDED to shop at the beginning of February. I went through a breakup and after having to return all of his V-day gifts that I didn't have to give him, I just felt like buying STUFF. (With the money I got from the returns, haha) I work at a drugstore so I always see lucky girls who just buy random makeup and other products and I definitely envied that. I'm keeping a list of what I bought, so at least I can keep myself in check when I'm out, but February was the first month I've slipped up so far, so I might make March a total no buy and April as well, and then buy a couple things for myself in my birthday month of may. 

I'll try my best to resist!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneychantelle View Post

I was so good through December and January, but I just NEEDED to shop at the beginning of February. I went through a breakup and after having to return all of his V-day gifts that I didn't have to give him, I just felt like buying STUFF. (With the money I got from the returns, haha) I work at a drugstore so I always see lucky girls who just buy random makeup and other products and I definitely envied that. I'm keeping a list of what I bought, so at least I can keep myself in check when I'm out, but February was the first month I've slipped up so far, so I might make March a total no buy and April as well, and then buy a couple things for myself in my birthday month of may. 

Personally, I like the idea of buying yourself something with the money from his returned V-day gifts! 

Quote:

I know I'm guilty of doing this myself, but don't let yourself fall down that hole! You don't know what the lives of these girls are the moment they are not in your store. Those purchases could be meaningless to their lives, be blissful moment or be the source of conflict and doubt, etc. 

And it's okay to treat yourself every so often. You deserve whatever you spend that money on way more than he did those presents. =D

I know I'm guilty of doing this myself, but don't let yourself fall down that hole! You don't know what the lives of these girls are the moment they are not in your store.
Definitely.

Quote:

I went through a breakup and after having to return all of his V-day gifts that I didn't have to give him, I just felt like buying STUFF.

Hey there, I totally feel for you, as I'm going through a divorce right now. :( I'm sorry to hear about your breakup. Yeah, I've been buying myself stuff too, in a way to fill the sadness, but I think it's not really working.

I slipped up this month, which was supposed to be a no-buy. Oh well. I'll try harder next time.