New Subscriber Questions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know there are probably countless threads like mine but I'd like to ask some questions about ipsy and I know you're the best resource. 

So, I just waitlisted myself today (3/3), do you guys know how long the approximate wait time is? 

Also, how much is charged in total to california residents? 

Is it worth it? I currently sub to (bear with me): birchbox, glossybox, sample society (just re-joined), julep, influenster (though that's free), and popsugar.

I love makeup and I'm trying to get a big makeup based sub (I'm also considering lip factory but I read some not so great posts earlier that made me doubt the company) and I'm wondering how good ipsy is for that? 

Thanks again for being such a great source of info ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by martianeskimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey guys, I know there are probably countless threads like mine but I'd like to ask some questions about ipsy and I know you're the best resource.
do you guys know how long the approximate wait time is? Some members were on it for three weeks.

Also, how much is charged in total to california residents? I believe it's over $11 with state tax. Ok went to look up California sales tax which is 7.5% so if that's the most sales tax then at most it would be $10.75.

Is it worth it? Depends on your expectations and likes. Many find it worth it and many don't due to the type of items sent out. Each bag value has been well over $20 but if you don't like the items or use it then it's not worth it.

http://help.ipsy.com/customer/portal/articles/890431-what-is-your-sales-tax-policy- Due to ipsy’s physical presence in California (CA), New York (NY) and North Carolina (NC), we need to charge a sales tax on any orders that are shipped to those states. The sales tax is automatically calculated based on shipping address, and may vary by zip code within a given state.
The sales tax amount will be calculated automatically and will be displayed to you before you check out (when you are buying either a Glam Bag Subscription for yourself, or a Glam Bag Gift Subscription). We will also reflect this sales tax amount in your confirmation email.

If you have questions or concerns, please do shoot us a note by clicking "Email ipsyCare" on the right, and we'll be happy to help!

Originally Posted by martianeskimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, I just waitlisted myself today (3/3), do you guys know how long the approximate wait time is? 

Also, how much is charged in total to california residents? 

Is it worth it? I currently sub to (bear with me): birchbox, glossybox, sample society (just re-joined), julep, influenster (though that's free), and popsugar.

I love makeup and I'm trying to get a big makeup based sub (I'm also considering lip factory but I read some not so great posts earlier that made me doubt the company) and I'm wondering how good ipsy is for that? 

Thanks again for being such a great source of info
Have you looked into Starbox from Starlooks for a makeup based sub?

Originally Posted by Jamie P /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was about to suggest that! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by Jamie P /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually won a starlooks box a couple of weeks ago and got the feb box. I hadn't really tried out the makeup because I'm trying to wait until after I move to get any new subs but the quality of the makeup was sooo much better than I expected! I can definitely see myself subscribing to starlooks in the near future. 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

do you guys know how long the approximate wait time is? Some members were on it for three weeks.

Also, how much is charged in total to california residents? I believe it's over $11 with state tax. Ok went to look up California sales tax which is 7.5% so if that's the most sales tax then at most it would be $10.75.

Is it worth it? Depends on your expectations and likes. Many find it worth it and many don't due to the type of items sent out. Each bag value has been well over $20 but if you don't like the items or use it then it's not worth it.

Thanks!!!

I hadn't really been attracted to ipsy because apparently the products are closer to drugstore types than high-end but I'm willing to give it a month and decide from there. 

Is there something wrong with yearly subscriptions? I keep getting sent into a loop trying to subscribe.

I will go to Ipsy's front page, click the subscribe now button, it takes to the glambag page, telling me to start now or whatever it was, and then it sends me back to their main page.

I have tried:

- Different browsers. I tried Firefox and Explorer on my laptop. Firefox and Chrome on my PC. Nothing worked.

- Clearing cookies.

- Different login places, as indicated above... PC and Laptop.

- I also contacted their customer help, they told me to try another browser, and of course, I did, but it failed. I replied back, and hoping to hear back.

So, anyone have something they can weigh in here for me?

Originally Posted by Yukiko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is there something wrong with yearly subscriptions? I keep getting sent into a loop trying to subscribe.

I will go to Ipsy's front page, click the subscribe now button, it takes to the glambag page, telling me to start now or whatever it was, and then it sends me back to their main page.

I have tried:

- Different browsers. I tried Firefox and Explorer on my laptop. Firefox and Chrome on my PC. Nothing worked.

- Clearing cookies.

- Different login places, as indicated above... PC and Laptop.

- I also contacted their customer help, they told me to try another browser, and of course, I did, but it failed. I replied back, and hoping to hear back.

So, anyone have something they can weigh in here for me?
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's probably because they don't have any available spots at this time.

If subs were unavailable, wouldn't they have specified that in their reply email rather than tell Yukiko to try another browser?

Honestly, I was thinking the same thing. Been almost a day now, still no new reply from them though.

Latest posts

Back