Huge clogged pores -,-'

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone ! Ok so I have this problem since I used once murad acne complex 5 years ago. It broke me out like crazy so I had to stop it after 3 months or so. Because of this dear product, I've had acne for 2 years. Now that the acne is gone (its been gone for 3 years now) I have those huge pores and they're clogged. I gently exfoliate daily, I steam, I do whatever god knows to unclog them but it doesn't work ! Now the pores are so huge that when I apply foundation, you can see little holes that are filled with foundation, which makes little light spots. Don't know if you get what I mean haha. So has anyone ever had this issue ? If so, what do/did you do ?? Thanks x

Use a face primer. It will fill the holes so the foundation won't sink in and it will help your makeup stay on better too! Some good primers to choose from are Benefit's The POREfessional, ELF's Studio Mineral Infused Primer or Too Faced Primed and Poreless.

As far as keeping your pores clean the easy way, I love using Shea Terra Organics' Rose Hips Black Soap Deep Pore Facial Wash. It doesn't have any of the grainy thingies in it but somehow it cleans your pores out great. It is a bit stinky though hehe.

Ok thank you so much ! However, I've used all sorts of primers you can imagine and yeah it helps my pores to disappear but my skin really hates primer because my skin is normal to dry, so the primer makes my face look cakey :/ Thanks so much for answering ! x

Ok thank you so much ! However, I've used all sorts of primers you can imagine and yeah it helps my pores to disappear but my skin really hates primer because my skin is normal to dry, so the primer makes my face look cakey :/ Thanks so much for answering ! x
Primer shouldn't make you look cakey at all. It fills and evens your skin, giving whatever foundation type product a smooth surface to adhere to. Regarding your skin. . Probably try exfoliating once a week and amping up your moisturizer. Goss on YouTube offers a great video on how to make your pores dissapear with a good application technique.

Try these home remedies to deal with pores problem.

• Apply the paste of fresh papaya to reduce the size of pores.
  • Apply the juice of one ripe tomato to your face. Leave to dry and rinse off with warm water. This helps to reduce the appearance of large pores and prevents clogging.
  • Use ice cube over your skin to shrink any large pores.
  • Steam is a natural home remedy, which opens clogged pores, clean dirt out of pores and helps in removing blackheads.
  • Warm up a small wash cloth and put it over blackheads on face for 10-15 minutes. This is an effective home remedy to remove blackheads. The moisture from the warm towel will clear out the pores, getting you rid of blackheads.

Ok thanks for the advices, and what type of primer should I use then ? Do I have to apply a thin layer or a large amount ?? Thanks !! x

Originally Posted by annerose95 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok thanks for the advices, and what type of primer should I use then ? Do I have to apply a thin layer or a large amount ?? Thanks !!

x
A very thin layer. You hardly need any because it is so smooth. Too much will make your makeup get muddy and cakey.

I am so sorry to hear about your Murad situation. I have had an issue with huge pores for most of my life. I foud a mask from Bath & Body works that you actually peel off. It was white and sort of a thick creamy white liquid. When it dried it ended up looking like a giant biore pad all over my face. When I peeled it off, I was suprised at how much gunk came out of my pores! It left my pores smaller/tighter and my skin would shine like I just had a facial. I would do it once a week until, as always when I find a product I truly love, they discontinued it. Then I would do the same thing as you & would steam before cleansing. Unfortunetly, it only lead to broken cappilaries leaving my face red and aggrivated my rosacea. I also tried mud masks. It didn't work. Finally in 2008, I started using the Clarisonic with a sulfate free cleanser called Purity Made Simple. Both the Clarisonic and Purity Made Simple are true miracles in my opinion. After using them both for a month, I truly saw a difference in my skin. My pores looked smaller because all of the gunk in them had been cleansed away. My make up went on better, too. No more visable foundation in my pores. BTY-I use BareMinerals. Bath & Body works finally came out with another peel off mask called True Blue Spa Blackberry Purifying Pell Off Face Mask and I bought it and used it. This time the mask was black, and when i used it, no gunk came out of my pores because it was cleaned away from the Clarisonic and cleanser. I still had a small issue with much smaller blackheads if you would even call them that around my nostrils. My dermatoligist gave me a prescription for retin-A and within a week or so, they were gone. My tips to you...get a clarisonic with the deep cleansing pore brush, give Purity made simple a try, and if you don't have a dermatologist, ask your normal doctor for a prescription for retin-a. When using the clarisonic, cleanse for 2 min. Oh, and one last thing, always use a primer. I love, love, love Mally's primers. I have one for the eye area and one for the face. Both are amazing! I purchased all of the products, except for the retin-a, from QVC because their prices are much cheaper & they have payment plans which allow you to you receive the product after you make the first payment, and then continue to make monthly payments. Plus they have a 30 day return policy so you have nothing to lose in my opinion. Another thing i learned (the hard way) was that alcohol is your enemy. The more alcohol you apply on your skin, the more oil your skin produces. I would suggest using a moisturizer with oil, but be patient. Let your skin adjust. it will stop secreting extra oil because you have applied it on your skin. As a result, your skin will stop over-producing oil and you will have less blackheads and/or acne. Good luck to you & I hope this info helps...

Originally Posted by annerose95 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok thanks for the advices, and what type of primer should I use then ? Do I have to apply a thin layer or a large amount ?? Thanks !!

x
Hi annrose95, how did the primer work? Did you try any of the home made rememdies? I really am interested to know! This is a problem that so many people have and no one really knows how to deal with it. The truth is that when the pores stretch out, they remain stretched because of all the gunk that goes into them and step number one is to clean the pores out. A mask that peels off should be the very first thing you try. Avoid the types of masks that have a consistency of mud.

Keep an eye out for Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask To Clear Pores. It's a real mouthful! Try taking a look for it on Amazon.

You sound like you are at the stage where you are ready to get a pore reducer. These do not come cheap and you will probably find yourself coughing up round about $50 for a tube. Clinique has a serum called Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum that will be able to reduce those pores once they are nice and clean. 

Stick to this routine for a week or two, keep us updated.

biggrin.gif

I would also recommend getting a good extraction facial two to three times a year.  There are many spas that offer this, but I usually like to get mine done at a dermatologist.  You'd be amazed at what is still in there 
icon_eek.gif

I would also try a good cleansing oil and then follow up with a Clarisonic (or something similar, I hear Olay Pro X is good but have never personally tried it).

Back