Sign in to follow this  
goldenmeans

Birchbox April 2013

Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

Anyone else getting 21? lol I'm feeling lonely over here! http://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/april-2013/april-2013-bb21

I would have LOVED that box!!  Lucky you!  I got box 7 that I won't use except for the eye roller and body wash and  box 8 that I'll use but doesn't really excite me.

Originally Posted by mariahk83 View Post

maybe they're updating box pics????!

That's possible!  

I think I'm experiencing latent anxiety from registering for classes the other night.  Similar website slowness.

I got my e-mail that my box has been shipped around midnight est - I thought they would have updated by now...but I guess not.  Hmm.  I am patiently waiting for the page to load....I feel like it's 1998 and I'm using Dial-Up internet connection lol.

Originally Posted by MrsYaYaMom View Post

I am getting box 11, shipping finally updated, it weighs .6070. This is what I am getting

Nothing I am super excited about but I think it is a pretty good box.

YAY! we are box twins!! I'm actually really excited for the simple and the mirenesse glossy kiss!! The LAFCO soap sounds indulgent as do the serum and shampoo! Overall I'm actually looking forward to this box!! 

Originally Posted by vogliadivintage View Post

I would have LOVED that box!!  Lucky you!  I got box 7 that I won't use except for the eye roller and body wash and  box 8 that I'll use but doesn't really excite me.

Yeah, I'm very happy with it! I've been super happy with my last 3 or 4 boxes. 

I got box 13 on my main account:

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/april-2013/april-2013-bb13

It's not as *exciting* as my secondary account, but then I remember that I already feel like I am drowning in makeup, and this box has several things I wanted to try, or already know I love.

Juice Beauty Cellular Repair CC Cream

I know a lot of people hate the smell of this, but I smelled this at ULTA awhile ago, and it didn't bother me/went away quickly.  (Although, I worked at whole foods in college, so maybe I am used to that kind of natural product scent?)

I got this as a sample in my other account last month, and now I have to full size versions.  I obviously love it, but I will be looking to trade it, if I can actually figure out the trade thread.  I am crossing my fingers for that color changing polish, but I am combing the website to see if there is anything else they are sampling too.
Psyched to try this

I already own the facial towelettes, and I have loved everything else I've tried from the yes to line.

well since it's something kind of soap-ish, then the cilantro should be fine! haha  i finace always talked about how much he hated cilantro, it tastes like soap - i thought he was nuts!  Turns out he has the gene that makes it taste off and I don't - he also has the one that makes him taste more bitter things and i don't... (we both did the 23andme genetic testing)

Yep, I still remember the first time I had cilantro, at a Mexican restaurant, and I kept saying "I keep tasting soap in the salsa...I think they didn't wash the bowl correctly."  And everyone thought I was crazy.  The next time we went back, same thing - I kept complaining about them not rinsing their bowls properly, and my friends all thought I was insane.  It wasn't until I went to a different Mexican restaurant and tasted in their salsa, that a friend realized what I was talking about and said "Holy cow, you have the cilantro gene!"  And then I had to look it up because I didn't really believe her.  Makes me wonder what everyone else tastes when they taste it!

Are they only sending out one shade of Mirenesse?  If so, bummer.  I was all excited to be getting 2, but if it's just that one shade, not so much.

Originally Posted by MrsMeow View Post

Yep, I still remember the first time I had cilantro, at a Mexican restaurant, and I kept saying "I keep tasting soap in the salsa...I think they didn't wash the bowl correctly."  And everyone thought I was crazy.  The next time we went back, same thing - I kept complaining about them not rinsing their bowls properly, and my friends all thought I was insane.  It wasn't until I went to a different Mexican restaurant and tasted in their salsa, that a friend realized what I was talking about and said "Holy cow, you have the cilantro gene!"  And then I had to look it up because I didn't really believe her.  Makes me wonder what everyone else tastes when they taste it!

Wait, what?  It's not supposed to taste like that?

Cilantro is my favorite!  It makes everything really bright/fresh tasting.  Similar to how an acid can really lighten up a dish, or how fresh mint tastes without that tingly feel and not as sweet.

Originally Posted by gemstone View Post

Cilantro is my favorite!  It makes everything really bright/fresh tasting.  Similar to how an acid can really lighten up a dish, or how fresh mint tastes without that tingly feel and not as sweet.

I've tried guacamole a few times now, and can't stand it because of the cilantro.  If I remember correctly, it did taste a little soapy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

So.... if you're pale, you can still rock the orangey mirenesse. I was amazed at how it looks on me!

it looks very pretty on you!

Originally Posted by ttanner2005 View Post

I've tried guacamole a few times now, and can't stand it because of the cilantro.  If I remember correctly, it did taste a little soapy.

I mean, obviously my description doesn't apply if you are someone who has the gene that makes it taste like soap.  I was just trying to describe how it tastes if you don't have that issue.

Originally Posted by audiophilekate View Post

Quote:

Wait, what?  It's not supposed to taste like that?

It just tastes kind of bright and sharp and herby to me. :)

Originally Posted by ButterflyGrl View Post

I'm getting box 23. Not unhappy, not thrilled, but definitely stuff I would like to try. Wanted the nail polish though. I did notice something interesting. I have gotten box 23 for 3 of the last 4 months. Anyone else notice a trend in box numbers?

Yeah on my 1st box, I've gotten box 1 for the fourth time in a row.

Aw man, I am getting two of the same box. My profiles aren't that similar.. One i have had for two years and the other is three months old. HMPH. lol. Finally got the emails but the tracking doesn't even show that they have left, I bet it's another week before I get them. Needless to say, I will be trading.. Really want the StriVectin eye cream! 400

well since it's something kind of soap-ish, then the cilantro should be fine! haha  i finace always talked about how much he hated cilantro, it tastes like soap - i thought he was nuts!  Turns out he has the gene that makes it taste off and I don't - he also has the one that makes him taste more bitter things and i don't... (we both did the 23andme genetic testing)

A little off topic, but what did you think of the 23andme genetic testing?  Was it worth the price/wait for you?  I'm intrigued and $99 is right at the point where I feel like I could spend it to satisfy my curiosity, but I still don't want to drop a hundred dollars if it isn't as cool as it sounds in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark107 View Post

I'm getting the same box - I'm also excited for that coveted item...I just hope that it's a decent size that we can try a few times!

In the spolier video it showed a full size, so that's what i'm realllllllly hoping for!

Earlier I had re-watched the spoiler video to see the sample size, but I was surprised to see that they only showed the full size...I'm hoping that we get a full-size too (since a lot of boxes have a full size simple eye roller, mirenesse lip product, or nail polish). However, I would not be surprised if we got a sample size. I don't have an update on shipping yet, so hopefully someone will post a pic of this box soon!

Originally Posted by quene8106 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

So.... if you're pale, you can still rock the orangey mirenesse. I was amazed at how it looks on me!

it looks very pretty on you!

You look so glam - the color complements your skin tone very well! smile.gif

Oh, FYI guys, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I just managed to fill out all my feedback surveys and for products where I received double samples (foils, tea bags, etc.), I received double points.  So, for the 6 products I had in my box, I received 90 points, if that makes sense.

My box FINALLY updated! I am not super thrilled with my box...which is box 1. I will try/use the Nexxus Youth Renewal Rejuvenating Elixir and the StriVectin Eye Concentrate but I'm just not interested in the other items (Youngblood Anti-Shine Mattifier, Caudalie Divine Oil, Weleda Body Lotion). I really wanted the color changing nail polish and/or the Mirenesse Glossy Kiss. I am also bummed that I only have 5 items to review...it's been forever since I've had 6 items to review. Sigh...

I have my profile set to a 32 year old and that my splurge item is "the latest make-up color" but I hardly ever get any sort of make-up item. Any suggestions?

(yes, I will probably be putting up the youngblood, caudalie and weleda up for trade...just saying wink.gif )